Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TalRasha

FOV Field of View poll

What Field of View FOV are you running ?  

204 members have voted

  1. 1. What Field of View FOV are you running ?

    • 50 - 55
      38
    • 56 - 60
      27
    • 61 - 65
      25
    • 66 - 70
      17
    • 71 - 75
      97


Recommended Posts

TalRasha

I am wondering what is the most used setting for FOV. On wider you can see more, but narrow you can see further into distance. Also you get better fps with narrow view.

Thts why I would like to know what are the most used FOV settings in our community.

Feel free to explane why are you using your FOV, its pros and cons and what is the sweetspot and what do you think about locked FOV for everyone, to make it fair ? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bigbacon

i have mine maxed out. not sure why you would want to play with less.

I still feel it is too narrow but that could be ok IF they could make the head movement more than 45 degrees in either direction. 

Edited by bigbacon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TanithScout

Lower fov means less screen, bigbacon. Less screen means less pixels to render. Less pixels to render should lead to more fps, but the game isn't properly optimized yet so something this isn't exactly how it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino

What? FOV is broken right now. How did you get it to work? Anyways I am the person that loves to play with a very wide FOV, I like seeing a lot of my weapon.

Edited by Maki3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sYs
2 hours ago, bigbacon said:

i have mine maxed out. not sure why you would want to play with less.

I still feel it is too narrow but that could be ok IF they could make the head movement more than 45 degrees in either direction. 

Can't wait for them to implement peripheral vision. Should learn a thing or two from game "Scum".

6 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

What? FOV is broken right now. How did you get it to work? Anyways I am the person that loves to play with a very wide FOV, I like seeing a lot of my weapon.

So the problem is not fov :P you just need your gun stretched longer? Don't lie - you like to see more around you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Venseer

I have mine on 75 but it doesn't feel like it is enough. I often use mine on 93 on most FPS games I play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
1 minute ago, sYs said:

So the problem is not fov :P you just need your gun stretched longer? Don't lie - you like to see more around you. 

It's not something I take into consideration, regardless if it's realistic or not I just like seeing my gun down to the stock when I don't have it shouldered. But how did you get FOV to work? It's broken for me, did they just fix it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pleznt
On 1/17/2018 at 2:24 AM, Maki_Nishikino said:

It's not something I take into consideration, regardless if it's realistic or not I just like seeing my gun down to the stock when I don't have it shouldered. But how did you get FOV to work? It's broken for me, did they just fix it? 

I don't think it's fixed. I think everyone is stuck with 50 until .8 releases.

I think FOV is a personal preference, I do it for better peripherals and because I also like seeing more of my weapon. When it comes down to seeing a further distance a lower FOV is preferred.

There are pros and cons to high/low FOV but I think both are balanced so players should get to choose between 50-100 FOV. Also depending on the size of their screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2