Launcher error after update

Bota007

Today after launcher update I got an error (see attached image):
Installed game version check error - Escape from tarkov should contain only one executable to launch the game

Everything went fine previously, so I was confused at first ("what is wrong with the update?"), but finally I found out that I had installed BSG launcher into the same folder as the game itself. I wasn't able to find any thread with similar problem, so I will leave a solution here, if anybody needs it in the future:

Solution:
Uninstall launcher, installed launcher again into a different folder (not the EFT game folder), run launcher, click "set game path..." option above "Install" button, choose the EFT game folder, play.

PS: Thanks devs for clear and descriptive errors :)

tarkov_error.gif

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 minute ago, 9029 said:

because theres a wipe now and the servers are down

Ya I just found posts now. They aren't announcing it very clearly to everyone but they broke something and keep extending the update over and over again.

5 minutes ago, CRIMS0NS0L said:

Ya I just found posts now. They aren't announcing it very clearly to everyone but they broke something and keep extending the update over and over again.

Their twitter has been pretty clear about there's extended maintance...

1 hour ago, SolidJuho said:

Their twitter has been pretty clear about there's extended maintance...

Dont have a twitter account, so following them ON TWITTER is a bit harder to accomplish...

• 3 months later...

Right im seriously confused!

How the F*** do i install this game?

I install the launcher fine to my C\... but when i load the laucnher is say an error about an update... then i go to install the game then i get another error saying i cant instal because of a folder being used by a dif program.. WTF is going on?????????????

On 2/15/2020 at 2:18 PM, Sw33n3yGaming said:

Right im seriously confused!

How the F*** do i install this game?

I install the launcher fine to my C\... but when i load the laucnher is say an error about an update... then i go to install the game then i get another error saying i cant instal because of a folder being used by a dif program.. WTF is going on?????????????

im not sure if you're having the same problem as me but it sounds similar. i already had the game downloaded then one day it crashed and un installed itself from my pc. i now get these error messages. if anybody can help me (or us) that would be real nice.2036093147_Thisbollocksagain.thumb.PNG.f5e643d417f6f9e16293a4e1f6a1b071.PNG1314855561_somemorebollocks.thumb.PNG.69b34eb904e8ab803c2d7a6df36015e7.PNG

• 1 year later...