Jump to content

Does the region you purchase the game lock you to those servers?


CarrotsDFS

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm in the U.S. Air Force and I have the potential to move over seas within the next year. I love the game and plan on upgrading to edge of darkness. But if I purchase the game here in the US, will I be locked to US servers even when I move to EU or Asia? I'd hate to have to spend a additional $95 just to not be able to play the game with playable ping in the next 6 months. 

If I am locked to the US servers what options do I have besides buying the game again?

Thanks in advance

Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi

Account region only affects where you can login from. EU can Login from anywhere in the world so you could buy the upgrade to that region and not have to worry. After you log in, matching will automatically connect you to the server with the best ping to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
2 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Account region only affects where you can login from. EU can Login from anywhere in the world so you could buy the upgrade to that region and not have to worry. After you log in, matching will automatically connect you to the server with the best ping to you.

What is the point to the US version then?

Edited by Maki3006
Link to post
Share on other sites
ShiroTenshi
2 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

What is the point to the US version then?

The EU version is more expensive as most Eu countries have VAT added to the price of everything. The regions exist to avoid having people from the EU use a VPN to go buy as a US and avoiding the VAT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
Just now, ShiroTenshi said:

The EU version is more expensive as most Eu countries have VAT added to the price of everything. The regions exist to avoid having people from the EU use a VPN to go buy as a US and avoiding the VAT.

Ah, I see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 years later...
Subjugate

So does that mean someone in the US could use a VPN and buy the more expensive EU version and not have to worry about region lock? I say this as someone considering moving regions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
20mendoza14
On 1/18/2018 at 8:42 AM, ShiroTenshi said:

The EU version is more expensive as most Eu countries have VAT added to the price of everything. The regions exist to avoid having people from the EU use a VPN to go buy as a US and avoiding the VAT.

So if I want to buy the game for my friend who lives in Azerbaijan (i think its considered CIS countries or something like that) but I buy it from Canada, will he be able to log in and play?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Xarc
10 hours ago, 20mendoza14 said:

So if I want to buy the game for my friend who lives in Azerbaijan (i think its considered CIS countries or something like that) but I buy it from Canada, will he be able to log in and play?

You can buy the game for him as a gift, but at buy time you have to specify for which region you buy the game (his region)..

Another problem that could be ... you will not meet him in server/game because the ping lock (should be lower the 150).

You can buy for him EU version with which you can play supposedly in any region but again is the ping obstacle.

If I'm wrong Shiro or others should correct me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
x_Quiz

I would like to continue this question. I'm currently in Asia but I might move back to Europe, can I still buy the EU version of the game while in Asia? when I go to the checkout page I am only able to add my card details and I can't seem to find any way to chose the EU version.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...