CarrotsDFS

Does the region you purchase the game lock you to those servers?

CarrotsDFS

Hello, I'm in the U.S. Air Force and I have the potential to move over seas within the next year. I love the game and plan on upgrading to edge of darkness. But if I purchase the game here in the US, will I be locked to US servers even when I move to EU or Asia? I'd hate to have to spend a additional $95 just to not be able to play the game with playable ping in the next 6 months. 

If I am locked to the US servers what options do I have besides buying the game again?

Thanks in advance

Maki_Nishikino

You connect to the server with the lowest ping, you will have to buy the EU upgrade though if you buy the game in the US, it's $10.

• Thanks 1

ShiroTenshi

Account region only affects where you can login from. EU can Login from anywhere in the world so you could buy the upgrade to that region and not have to worry. After you log in, matching will automatically connect you to the server with the best ping to you.

Maki_Nishikino
2 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Account region only affects where you can login from. EU can Login from anywhere in the world so you could buy the upgrade to that region and not have to worry. After you log in, matching will automatically connect you to the server with the best ping to you.

What is the point to the US version then?

Edited by Maki3006

ShiroTenshi
2 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

What is the point to the US version then?

The EU version is more expensive as most Eu countries have VAT added to the price of everything. The regions exist to avoid having people from the EU use a VPN to go buy as a US and avoiding the VAT.

Maki_Nishikino
Just now, ShiroTenshi said:

The EU version is more expensive as most Eu countries have VAT added to the price of everything. The regions exist to avoid having people from the EU use a VPN to go buy as a US and avoiding the VAT.

Ah, I see.