Jmikegrady

Black screen at launch

Hey,

I am getting a black screen at launch with the mouse pointer. I can hear the menu as I move the mouse around.

I have tried (1) alt-tabbing out and back in, (2) setting the screen to windowed via the local.ini, (3) deleting the local.ini & shared.ini, (4) updating my graphics drivers, (5) running as admin, (6) running with no antivirus, and (7) uninstalling and reinstalling with no antivirus running. 

Attached are the latest files from the crash report.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

Game Version  0.5.4.823

Launcher Version 0.4.0261

Game Edition  Edge of Darkness Limited Edition

Region USA

I lunched EFT and the launcher did an auto update after the update I relaunched EFT and it lunched went through the splash screen. after the splash screen it loads the screen that the main menu is on. However there are no areas to click on anything, like trader, Escape from Tarkov, Character. Anyone know whats going on or how to fix this, (Same thing is happening to me be sides the face my screen isnt black)

4 hours ago, Jmikegrady said:

Hey,

I am getting a black screen at launch with the mouse pointer. I can hear the menu as I move the mouse around.

I have tried (1) alt-tabbing out and back in, (2) setting the screen to windowed via the local.ini, (3) deleting the local.ini & shared.ini, (4) updating my graphics drivers, (5) running as admin, (6) running with no antivirus, and (7) uninstalling and reinstalling with no antivirus running. 

Attached are the latest files from the crash report.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

crash.dmp

error.log

output_log.txt

I'm having similar issues but on occasion can get in game.  Cannot get past insure screen or to my trader messages.  Traders are laggy and images aren't popping up.  A majority of the time I cant even get in.  Did you guys figure a solution out?

I have been on these forums all day looking for assistance with these exact issues.  Some times the game will not launch normally, some times it will not have the play button from the launcher, some times I get errors, some times I get in but the game is hosed out.  All of this started today...

Not trying to hi-jack your thread, but I have a post with details and screen shots as well...

If anyone cares to share your experiences there as well.

Edited by Tendeep

Yeah just tried to get on today and now I'm getting black screen on launch....I bumped this couldn't find any solutions

Do you have the 'Disable fullscreen optimizations' option enabled in the properties menu? If you do, disable it. Seems to work for me