Jump to content
CrimsnBullet

Bad Performance for GTX 1080

Recommended Posts

CrimsnBullet

PC Specs:

Windows 10 Pro, Intel I7 4770k, 16gb DDR3 RAM, and NVIDIA GTX 1080, (also running on a SSD)

I am getting really bad lag, and stuttering, especially when around players and scavs. At first I thought it might've been a RAM issue but the most RAM it uses is 13gb on shorline,(lower on other maps, but same lag) Then I noticed that my gpu usage was only at 20-30% and when I get the lag it was actually frame drops. During the frame drops the usage on gpu goes down to as low as 3%.

The weird thing about this one is that the drops are somehow triggered by being around other players or scavs. One time a group of three were shooting at me from a distance and I could only run like a madman hoping they would miss. Luckily they did ;), but the lag was horrible until they ran away to the other side of the map.(or I did, can't remember) 

Side note: cpu usage doesn't exceed 35% either, but there isn't a drop in usage when the fps drops.

Edited by CrimsnBullet
  • Hot 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
distilled

I have experienced countless times exactly what you are describing with nearly an identical PC setup as you (i7 4790k, 16GB DDR3, SSD, GTX 1080, Windows 10 Pro). I've died several times now to both players and occasionally a scav because I'll drop to <20 fps just before they come around a corner or up/down the stairs into view. The problem goes away almost immediately if I manage to escape death and move away from the immediate area. Happens the worst on shoreline, however I do experience similar levels of fps drop on other maps as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uffepolarn

Its the same for me with 1080 SLI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino

The low GPU usage with the 10 cards is known but that is not the reason for FPS dropping hard when you meet up with a player or AI, I have a GTX 760 and have the same issue. The game still needs a ton of optimization and a lot of it will happen near release.

Edited by Maki3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zanite_

Same problem with 1080
16gb ddr4 ram
and Ryzen 1700 CPU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsnBullet
3 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

The low GPU usage with the 10 cards is known but that is not the reason for FPS dropping hard when you meet up with a player or AI. I have a GTX 760 and when that happens I too get hard FPS drops at times.

So you're saying it's just a coincidence when every time I meet up with player or AI gpu usage goes from 30% to 3% and that has nothing to do with my framerate? ok. ;) 

To clarify: On top of the bad performance (20%-30% usage) I was pointing out that there's another problem experienced when near players or scavs that plummets usage to nothing.

Also forgot to add that even in offline mode with no scavs there's still some drops but definitely not as bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
15 minutes ago, CrimsnBullet said:

So you're saying it's just a coincidence when every time I meet up with player or AI gpu usage goes from 30% to 3% and that has nothing to do with my framerate? ok. ;) 

To clarify: On top of the bad performance (20%-30% usage) I was pointing out that there's another problem experienced when near players or scavs that plummets usage to nothing.

Also forgot to add that even in offline mode with no scavs there's still some drops but definitely not as bad. 

If that is the case then the low GPU usage affects all cards. I have seen abundant reports about it being an issue on 10 cards and none on other cards. Common sense says your 1080 should perform better than my 760. My game is not running like a slideshow but it seems that those with 10 cards are reporting it is. I don't see how this game can be very demanding on the GPU, CPU is another story and I have an i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz that runs up to 4.0 GHz. The game just lacks optimization, when it happens my 760 and your 1080 should run the game like hot butter.

Edited by Maki3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talmer

I also have the same issue:

Processor: i7-8700 @4.2GHz
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR4 3000MHz
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB GDDR5X

 

Tried a number of things with no success so we will just have to "deal" with it for now until they fix the issues with the 1000 series. 

My 1080 never goes above 30% usage. Believe I read something on one of the next patches being optimization so hopefully this issue will be resolved and we will reap the reward for having expensive graphics cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spoilsofwar08

I just put a nvidia geforce gtx1080ti in my computer and im experiencing the same thing. Not just in tarkov but other games as well. To the point its unplayable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsnBullet
14 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

If that is the case then the low GPU usage affects all cards. I have seen abundant reports about it being an issue on 10 cards and none on other cards.

I never said this issue effects all cards (How would I know that anyway?), but it definitely is effecting the 1080.

The extra details of the problem are there only to help resolve the issue completely.(Hopefully) Because it really wouldn't be that much better if gpu usage was at 99% but we gtx 10XX users still get drops to say 50%.

Edited by CrimsnBullet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
1 minute ago, CrimsnBullet said:

I never said this issue effects all cards (How would I know that anyway?), but it definitely is effecting the 1080.

The extra details of the problem are there only to help resolve the issue completely.(Hopefully) Because it really wouldn't be that much better if gpu usage was at 99% but we gtx 10XX users still get drops to say 50%.

Read my edit for a bit more info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McGoon
7 minutes ago, spoilsofwar08 said:

I just put a nvidia geforce gtx1080ti in my computer and im experiencing the same thing. Not just in tarkov but other games as well. To the point its unplayable. 

I have a 1080ti and EfT is the only game I have played that the thing cannot handle at pretty much max settings. I imagine once they start tweaking and optimizing the code things will get much better. I hope. Love the game.

AMD 1920X Threadripper

32GB G.Skill PC3200 RAM

GTX 1080ti

Samsung 960 Pro 1Tb M.2

Windows 10 Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spoilsofwar08
2 minutes ago, McGoon said:

I have a 1080ti and EfT is the only game I have played that the thing cannot handle at pretty much max settings. I imagine once they start tweaking and optimizing the code things will get much better. I hope. Love the game.

AMD 1920X Threadripper

32GB G.Skill PC3200 RAM

GTX 1080ti

Samsung 960 Pro 1Tb M.2

Windows 10 Pro

In my laptop i have a 1050ti it runs perfect. I think i need to tweak the settings or reinstall my drivers for my 1080ti. It doesn't make sense to me that my 1050ti runs everything better than my 1080ti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsnBullet
6 minutes ago, spoilsofwar08 said:

I just put a nvidia geforce gtx1080ti in my computer and im experiencing the same thing. Not just in tarkov but other games as well. To the point its unplayable. 

If it's not just Tarkov then you might have a different problem as well. I can run Overwatch at max settings with 200+ fps with my resolution scale at about 150%, same settings on BF4 get me 150+ fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsnBullet
23 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

Read my edit for a bit more info.

Not exactly sure what you're getting at, but a known issue will remain a known issue until it's a fixed one. Don't shoot the messenger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spoilsofwar08
8 minutes ago, CrimsnBullet said:

If it's not just Tarkov then you might have a different problem as well. I can run Overwatch at max settings with 200+ fps with my resolution scale at about 150%, same settings on BF4 get me 150+ fps.

Any tips on what you might think it is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maki_Nishikino
4 minutes ago, CrimsnBullet said:

Not exactly sure what you're getting at, but a known issue will remain a known issue until it's a fixed one. Don't shoot the messenger.

Fair enough.

Just now, spoilsofwar08 said:

Any tips on what you might think it is?

What is your CPU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spoilsofwar08
2 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

Fair enough.

What is your CPU?

I cant remember the exact one i have, but is an intel i7. Id have to check when i get home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Electric_Tiger

This question gets asked once a week.

With a watercooled 1080ti I get about 50-75 fps in Shoreline. That's just the game right now, you'll have to be patient for more optimization.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShowMeDeWai
1 hour ago, CrimsnBullet said:

PC Specs:

Windows 10 Pro, Intel I7 4770k, 16gb DDR3 RAM, and NVIDIA GTX 1080, (also running on a SSD)

I am getting really bad lag, and stuttering, especially when around players and scavs. At first I thought it might've been a RAM issue but the most RAM it uses is 13gb on shorline,(lower on other maps, but same lag) Then I noticed that my gpu usage was only at 20-30% and when I get the lag it was actually frame drops. During the frame drops the usage on gpu goes down to as low as 3%.

The weird thing about this one is that the drops are somehow triggered by being around other players or scavs. One time a group of three were shooting at me from a distance and I could only run like a madman hoping they would miss. Luckily they did ;), but the lag was horrible until they ran away to the other side of the map.(or I did, can't remember) 

Side note: cpu usage doesn't exceed 35% either, but there isn't a drop in usage when the fps drops.

I have almost the exact same set up.  My frames since the Stress test have been complete garbage compared to prior to that.  I am not sure what happened, but things are way worse for me now.  Only difference is I have 32 GB of RAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GasT79

Yeah cant understand how some have such good aim with the performance that is right now, my aim is so choppy thanks to the fps drops that comes in firefights.

I´m usually decent in FPS games but here i have such a hard time to aim thanks to the stutter whilst many almost seem unaffected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Con3para

Had the same exeriance as you guys i was told to lower all graphics too low its the only way to play online ,try that see how you get on , Just Been hatchet too death a few times due too bad lag and FPS both cards running at 50% and a 34 .fps  390.65 latest drivers ...lol

I can  Play all other game quite nice .

Yes its in beta i know . But its dam frustrating . lol 

Whens the next patch due . ??

Edited by Con3para

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sanczero

I have a 1070, SSD, 24Gb RAM and Shoreline is unplayable. Customs plays bad, Woods is fine and Factory is fine as well. Every other game works fine. Go ahead and try different settings, configs, etc., but most people with these issues will probably have to wait until closer to release and hopefully there's optimization. Unfortunate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RangerJoe

i did some testing today on customs, i am using a 1070 and my GPU usage was at about 53% when i started.
changing the graphics settings in tarkov it self had no effect on game performance so i am running everything on high again.

what helped was tweaking the nvidia driver settings as stated here

this boosted my GPU usage to 65-70% and therefore my overall fps, CPU usage also improved before at around 70% now 90%
when i see a usage of GPU 70% / CPU 90% my fps are at about 60-70fps on customs without any drops or stuttering, absoluty fine and playable.

but there are still some frame drops where my fps go down to 30-40 or even lower for a short amount of time, when this happens GPU & CPU usage drops down too, so its definitly a optimization issue with in the game. 

i couldnt find a definitve source but i could track it down to the area around the boiler spawn, getting near that area and looking in that direction will lower your GPU usage and therefore your frames.

another thing i expierenced  while testing was a sudden drop in GPU / CPU usage when i touched a barbed wire for the first time, seems like the gaming is loading the sound from disk and blocking other threads while doing so. after the first contact its properly chached and there is no more fps drop :)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CrimsnBullet
3 hours ago, RangerJoe said:

i did some testing today on customs, i am using a 1070 and my GPU usage was at about 53% when i started.
changing the graphics settings in tarkov it self had no effect on game performance so i am running everything on high again.

what helped was tweaking the nvidia driver settings as stated here

this boosted my GPU usage to 65-70% and therefore my overall fps, CPU usage also improved before at around 70% now 90%
when i see a usage of GPU 70% / CPU 90% my fps are at about 60-70fps on customs without any drops or stuttering, absoluty fine and playable.

but there are still some frame drops where my fps go down to 30-40 or even lower for a short amount of time, when this happens GPU & CPU usage drops down too, so its definitly a optimization issue with in the game. 

i couldnt find a definitve source but i could track it down to the area around the boiler spawn, getting near that area and looking in that direction will lower your GPU usage and therefore your frames.

another thing i expierenced  while testing was a sudden drop in GPU / CPU usage when i touched a barbed wire for the first time, seems like the gaming is loading the sound from disk and blocking other threads while doing so. after the first contact its properly chached and there is no more fps drop :)

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the link, I'll try it out and see if can help me any. 

8 hours ago, Electric_Tiger said:

This question gets asked once a week.

With a watercooled 1080ti I get about 50-75 fps in Shoreline. That's just the game right now, you'll have to be patient for more optimization.

Haha, maybe I should've checked the forums before I bought it. jk, I love this game. Just can't wait to play it smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2