lordpeppe

The Punisher Part 3 / Timed tasks

lordpeppe

I want to put some focus on the timed tasks because I can't be the only one who is unpleased with how they work. In this post I am refering to the task "The Punisher Part 3" because so far it has annoyed me a lot. Kill 25 scavs in customs in 1 hour is a little bit daunting but fair enough. Tasks have to have some challenge or else they wouldnt make much sense. I understand that. What annoyes me greatly with this timed task (even more so because its time limit is 1 hour) is that the task timer runs even while you are on menu and loading screens. This seems unfair towards the player and puts players with worse hardware at an immediate disadvantage because they will have longer load times. For me it can take up to 2:30-3:00 minutes to load into customs and that is without kitting my PMC. So say it will take me 4 raids to kill 25 scavs... That's 1/6 the task timer just loading into the raids. It frankly makes me quite angry and I loathe having to do the task.

In the future I would like timed tasks like "The Punisher Part 3" to only decrease its task timer when the player is actually in a raid. Just a suggestion, but I believe it would improve those kind of tasks and make them a lot more enjoyable to do. 

Mallette

I agree with you that timed quest are not the best but this one should not be hard to do ... at all. Just try to rush spot where you know they spawn (scavs) and exit the map as soon as you can. 

The suggestion to have the timer decrease only in raid is good , would be helpful for part 6 ...

ke1gen

I'll have to agree. Why I don't particularly mind timed quests, I do feel like the timer should only tic when you're in the actual raid. With factors like server desync, lag, long load times and general server instability. I feel like 1 hour isn't always enough to clear this. And that's without factoring in other players. I'd say, either add another 30 min to the quest or make so the timer only tics when you're actually loaded fully into the raid.

neur0tix

Next time use search function first. This has been discussed a lot of times already and majority of players agreed to the exact same.

Plus, did you read the Q&A on Facebook where Devs talked about quests? Obviously not, otherwise you wouldnt be asking this question.

Why are people who dont read allowed to write?

Edited by neur0tix
grammar
  • Sad 1

r0k0

i finished my task, got the message while playing to confirm it, extract come to prapor to finished my task and guess what... said i ran out of time...!

this poo sucked bad !

neur0tix
7 hours ago, r0k0 said:

i finished my task, got the message while playing to confirm it, extract come to prapor to finished my task and guess what... said i ran out of time...!

this poo sucked bad !

Ahahhhahahahaha, thats some very bad luck there! :D

On the honest page, timer should stop once its done. You had to hit the exact moment between completion and tim over. Or just beta bug idk. Well, good luck :D

Aleft9

Yeah the timed tasks should only tick down when you're in a raid I agree and also the Punisher tasks are a pain in the ass as it is so yeah more time should be allocated to them IMO

lordpeppe
On 18/1/2018 at 6:09 AM, neur0tix said:

Next time use search function first. This has been discussed a lot of times already and majority of players agreed to the exact same.

Plus, did you read the Q&A on Facebook where Devs talked about quests? Obviously not, otherwise you wouldnt be asking this question.

Why are people who dont read allowed to write?

I am sorry that I forgot to check if there was already posts like this, and no I didnt read the Q&A on facebook because I generally dont use that medium a lot. There is no need for a hostile demeanor. 

neur0tix
3 hours ago, lordpeppe said:

I am sorry that I forgot to check if there was already posts like this, and no I didnt read the Q&A on facebook because I generally dont use that medium a lot. There is no need for a hostile demeanor. 

I am sorry if I upset you, wasnt my intentions. I just feel like there is no need to bring back already solved problems or answered questions when they are just hanging out there all over the media for new people to see.