Dog Tags are worth more depending on what loot you bring in

Hussy2

Lets say an an AK-74 is 40,000 Rubles (I'm just throwing a number out there I don't remember what it is). You can deck it out to be worth over 100,000 Rubles. Does that make your tag worth a lot more? I don't see why it should, it's the same gun. What changes it drastically is ergonomic upgrades and ammo used which can be changed while in the match. It just leads to a lot of complication.

Edited by Maki3006

1 minute ago, Maki3006 said:

Lets say an an AK-74 is 40,000 Rubles (I'm just throwing a number out there I don't remember what it is). You can deck it out to be worth over 100,000 Rubles. Does that make your tag worth a lot more? I don't see why it should, in a broad sense it's the same gun. What changes it drastically is ergonomic upgrades and ammo used which can be changed while in the match. It just leads to a lot of complication.

I was thinking more about what type of gun you are bringing in, armour, backpack etc. Including attachments is confusing if a system like this was added, but I think type of gun, armour, backpack, tac rig is important, whats inside doesn't have to affect it, but it is all up to the devs if they did want to add a system like this to their game.

8 minutes ago, Hussy2 said:

I was thinking more about what type of gun you are bringing in, armour, backpack etc. Including attachments is confusing if a system like this was added, but I think type of gun, armour, backpack, tac rig is important, whats inside doesn't have to affect it, but it is all up to the devs if they did want to add a system like this to their game.

If one guy has a PM and another an AK-74 who is going to be able to penetrate that armor (lets just take the type of armor out of the equation for simplicity)? The reward is going to be the same but the odds are greatly in the AK-74 users favor. 

Edited by Maki3006

How is the reward the same? If one has a PM and one has an AK-74, the user with the PM's dogtag will be worth less, but if the guy with the PM killed the guy with the AK-74, the reward would be greater as his dogtag would be worth more. 

2 minutes ago, Hussy2 said:

How is the reward the same? If one has a PM and one has an AK-74, the user with the PM's dogtag will be worth less, but if the guy with the PM killed the guy with the AK-74, the reward would be greater as his dogtag would be worth more. 

If a player who is decked out (including armor) with a tag worth 50k stands in front of two players one having a PM and the other an AK-74 who has a greater chance at that prize? I just don't see this being good for gameplay. Player level works well though does need a drastic nerf.

Edited by Maki3006

2 minutes ago, Djent_ said:

What would be the point of this? You want someone who kills you while you're in full gear to get more money from said kill?

I think it rewards killing higher geared people, while giving dogtags less worth for hatchlings, or a person with less loot, some people might argue that the reward for killing someone with more gear is already enough, but personally I think it would be fine.

5 minutes ago, Hussy2 said:

I think it rewards killing higher geared people, while giving dogtags less worth for hatchlings, or a person with less loot, some people might argue that the reward for killing someone with more gear is already enough, but personally I think it would be fine.

Isn’t the possible loot gathered enough? If I collect a couple decked out guns and high end gear I also get to give the therapist a tag worth a lot of money. It just seems too much for a player who could have easily let their guard down. 

Edited by Maki3006

1 minute ago, Maki3006 said:

Isn’t the possible loot gathered enough? If I collect a couple decked out guns and high end gear I also get to give the therapist a tag worth a lot of money. It just seems tot much for a player who could have easily let their guard down. 

I understand what you mean, it might be a lot, but I think its an alternative way to combat dog tags insane relevance in collecting money, as you can kill many hatchlings in factory and make tons of money, but it obviously has its flaws.

9 minutes ago, Hussy2 said:

I understand what you mean, it might be a lot, but I think its an alternative way to combat dog tags insane relevance in collecting money, as you can kill many hatchlings in factory and make tons of money, but it obviously has its flaws.

The hatchling problem is only temporary. I don't recall what it is that will make such acts impossible to have any real success in the future with but right now the main problem is that if you're shot in the legs while running you keep running and don't start limping until you release the shift key. On top of that they are able to run very quick while light zig-zagging all over the place making it hard to hit them and they wack you on the head and you're dead. I get scared when I see someone armed with only the hatchet and I am decked out, it's quite amusing when you think about it.

Edited by Maki3006

I'm pretty sure the value of the dog tags correlates to the level of the player killed. The higher the player, the higher the payout. That is the only correlation I've noticed.

59 minutes ago, mjshooter said:

I'm pretty sure the value of the dog tags correlates to the level of the player killed. The higher the player, the higher the payout. That is the only correlation I've noticed.

That is correct, OP is suggesting to change it. I can see how you got confused though.

Edited by Maki3006