Jump to content
addbow

FEMALE PMCs (RE-THOUGHT)

Recommended Posts

I saw the thread that Necuja answered to and I was interested to see if there is any possibility this will change, I can help with character modeling and Ideas. I do know that BSG is up to a lot but this is really an opportunity in my eyes. I know that you listen to the Community so I beg to you for this, Thanks in advance!
//DiCaprio

Necuja - "Old post that has been addressed already, bsg doesn't see a female model as necessary for the vision of this project. 

Also the issue of the added work that'd be involved with implementing this.

#locked already discussed"

5a60e2116224a_Redigeradbild!.thumb.jpg.f493d81e1c75e6bef4650a20e2fe35ac.jpgrussian_soldier___elena_by_makarov771-d9sth7q.thumb.jpg.2d340f7618313411ef43924201923114.jpg

 

  • Like 1
  • Hot 4
  • Sad 9
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue with this is they have to do a lot of work with meshes and such as gear that may work with a male model won't necessarily work with a female model.

Edited by Maki3006
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

The issue with this is they have to do a lot of work with meshes and such as gear that may work with a male model won't necessarily work with a female model.

I know, I said i could help them doing charater design and so on :D

7 minutes ago, Losy11 said:

Really like the post, would love to see that facemask in the game aswell.

Good to hear! :D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This would be awesome to be added if and when player customization is added. Also giving Female models certain Pro's and Cons as well as giving the Guys certain Pro's and Con's when starting out would be interesting. Females starting off at Level 1 would be better at stealth and maybe running when it comes to hatchet runs. Stamina and Metabolism train faster but Strength takes a bit longer to level up due to Physiology. For the guys: Strength trains at the normal rate but we are slightly less stealthy at first (Only by like a 5% difference compared to the Females to make it fair). Plenty of fun ideas here for the devs to play with!!

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people seem not to understand this:

The story is paramount.

The storyteller's ability to tell their own story is paramount.

BSG has a story they want to tell via their game. It is about a zone that is harsh--so harsh there would be no female fighters present.

They are not changing their story to suit a pre-fab social justice motivation or even an aesthetic one.

 

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dhristan said:

I don't know why people seem not to understand this:

The story is paramount.

The storyteller's ability to tell their own story is paramount.

BSG has a story they want to tell via their game. It is about a zone that is harsh--so harsh there would be no female fighters present.

They are not changing their story to suit a pre-fab social justice motivation or even an aesthetic one.

 

I'm well aware that the chances of female models are 0%, BSG has stated that in the previous post that trended about female model's.

but a man can wish, don't take that away from him :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2018 at 2:51 AM, dhristan said:

It is about a zone that is harsh--so harsh there would be no female fighters present.

Oh nonsense. If things do get desperate, you'll see some women picking it up too. Especially if they're a native trapped in the area. There's no where else to go. They're still a human animal, and any animal backed into a corner will attempt to fight to survive. Kurdish women went to stand up to ISIS and routinely fight, kill and die doing so.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/middleeast/raqqa-kurdish-female-fighters/index.html


They may not do it in the same numbers and manner, but there's women who'd pick up the fight. If women can do it in Syria, in Russia during WW2, and the many other places that are desperate enough to where that becomes a reality, I'm sure they could do it in Tarkov

  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is female model going to be smaller in size compared to male ? Or smaller hitboxes ? Even with same hitboxes but smaller model, female operators will have little advantage.

So I am rather for male character clothes and faces (or skins) customization, but male looks like better option in my eyes.

Edited by TalRasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

personally i would like to see a real character creation menu with male and female

where you can make changes to appearance

the changes you can make should only be facial because it's easier for the devs to just concentrate on facial appearance

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, SPT_molchanoviv сказал:

Especially for you. 

 

Yea, I saw that. Pretty close to current scav replicas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not see the need for female chars be it pmc, or scav. 

Don't involve politics and sjw stuff with the game.

Just think that "All woman and children have been evacuated before the war begun". End of the story.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, FenrirInu said:

I do not see the need for female chars be it pmc, or scav. 

Don't involve politics and sjw stuff with the game.

Just think that "All woman and children have been evacuated before the war begun". End of the story.

Yes, women and children escaped Earth's global collapse and now reside safely on Mars xD 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hembree840 said:

Yes, women and children escaped Earth's global collapse and now reside safely on Mars xD 

Read some lore, then we can talk. The war is not global...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tactical_Fister said:

Sure, as long as they can carry physically less, have lower endurance.

And depending on how tall you make your character they could have smaller hitboxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to inform everyone that has commented, I didn't mean that the female PMCs would have smaller hitboxes och any advantage. I thought it would be a better and more free way to costumize your character, just like i want BSG to add hair styling and beard styling and skin colour etc!
// DiCaprio

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, addbow said:

Just to inform everyone that has commented, I didn't mean that the female PMCs would have smaller hitboxes och any advantage. I thought it would be a better and more free way to costumize your character, just like i want BSG to add hair styling and beard styling and skin colour etc!
// DiCaprio

There won't be female NPCs because they'd have to hire actors and redo movement mapping. There's a priority list and facial hair is probably not that high. With the new karma system coming they're probably tweaking who to identify factions.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NoDG said:

There won't be female NPCs because they'd have to hire actors and redo movement mapping. There's a priority list and facial hair is probably not that high. With the new karma system coming they're probably tweaking who to identify factions.  

 

Sure, I get that, though this was posted in the suggestions area, I didn't really mean it as a suggestion since you have already answered this question before, and BSG said no. I was just wishing :P
// Dicaprio

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 3:13 AM, TechoverMana said:

Oh nonsense. If things do get desperate, you'll see some women picking it up too. Especially if they're a native trapped in the area. There's no where else to go. They're still a human animal, and any animal backed into a corner will attempt to fight to survive. Kurdish women went to stand up to ISIS and routinely fight, kill and die doing so.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/20/middleeast/raqqa-kurdish-female-fighters/index.html


They may not do it in the same numbers and manner, but there's women who'd pick up the fight. If women can do it in Syria, in Russia during WW2, and the many other places that are desperate enough to where that becomes a reality, I'm sure they could do it in Tarkov

 

the vast majority of kurdish female "fighters" don't serve on the front line or in assault units.

the PMCs and Scavs we play as in game are largely serving assault tasks, so it doesn't make sense in game. Sure a female civilian fighting would make sense if you're still operating in areas where there's a large civilian population, but otherwise nope.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 6:39 PM, trotskygrad said:

the PMCs and Scavs we play as in game are largely serving assault tasks

The PMCs are just rouge left overs with no connects anymore. Mercenaries with open contracts. Scavs are literally just civilians who figured out that they can get stuff by threatening to shoot or shooting someone.

So, maybe less so for PMCs, but female Scavs would definitely make sense since they're just whatever civilians were able to abandon their moral constraints to survive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2