Getting Down clocking on my GPU

StalinWhale

So I have an EVGA SC 1080, I7 7700k, 16gb corsair vengance ram and its on my SSD. I get around 20fps lower on all maps than one of my friends with the same setup but with just a 970 instead. This isnt a problem on the smaller maps like factory and woods but very noticable on customs and shoreline, I know these maps are renowned for running poorly but on my system i should maintain at least 60 on customs like my friend. I found out that when in game my graphics card is lowering its clock from 1900mhz down to 1200mhz and its only on escape from tarkov this happens. I hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance

-Max

i have steam,discord,mouse software,precision XOC, bit defender which is only scanning websites and when in game i have chrome closed and geforce experience. I don't see why any of that would affect fps but like i said my clocks are fine on any other game except this one. :( ty for response though

Edited by StalinWhale