montehawks

Separate PVE Mode

montehawks

I bought the game a few days ago and I'm just here to chime in my 2 cents. I would love for there to be a PVE mode separate from the online mode where I can keep my loot and party with friends, or even go solo. I come from FPS games like Overwatch, Rust, a little of of CS:GO, and a little BF1, and I've found this game to have an astoundingly huge learning curve (for people like me anyways). I'm having a hard time facing just SCAVS by themselves, often times they one shot me from far enough away I can't see or the smallest bit of their head is popped over something and they get me that way. It's discouraging running the game online to get demolished 9/10 times (seriously my survival rate is 10%). In PVE my success is at least 50%, so it makes me want to continue playing but all of the loot is forfeited. I want a mode I can progress in to get better at the game before I face other people online. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

addbow

Yeah, but there should be different stashes, so one PVP stash and one PVE stash, otherwise gear would lose it's value real fast, good idea tho and i see the good stuff in it! Just walking around with ya squad prepping for the PVP and ripping som flesh! cheers

• Upvote 1

Jrex

tbh they should make PVE give and take loot but they should spawn like 2 times more scavs cause I go on factory and only see 2 scavs.

crankb0lt
2 hours ago, Jrex said:

tbh they should make PVE give and take loot but they should spawn like 2 times more scavs cause I go on factory and only see 2 scavs.

Strange I always get rushed by about 6 at once in factory PVE

• Upvote 1

cruxer666

No

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Aleft9

PVE is a thing but with Tarkov I feel like the PVP/PVE needs to stay integrated. The true PVE mode is going to be Single Player mode but that's no fun when you're just constantly killing AI's. It's great for testing out Weapons and for learning maps, spawns, etc. But this game is about survival of the fittest. You either survive or die. Just keep grinding away and keep going and learn how to PVP and the game will eventually ease up. If it's getting to a point where you're just constantly dying all the time start playing at different times and learn when the peak times are or find a clan or group of guys who you can play with.

• Sad 2

lordpeppe

It could be interesting. I really like the atmosphere and immersion that Escape From Tarkov gives and I can understand that some people would like a game mode where you can take out the PvP part. 
I do think that a PvE mode would need its own stash and PMC. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

TheUniT19

+1 for PvE with a separate stash. I'm trash at the game. Like seriously, my survival rate is way too low to call this game "rewarding". I barely ever bring loot home as PMC. With 3 or so scav runs I bring home enough loot to lose in the next 1 PMC run again. No progress, and honestly "fun" is fading away also.

I like to play the PvE mode but there's no point when you can't bring stuff home. A separate PvE stash or character would be the most important (for me personally, and probably many other PvE-fans) biggest addition I can ask for.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

montehawks

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear in the original post, but yes PVE with a separate stash and PMC, everything. In this PVE mode you can play single player or group with friends and go in as a squad, and do everything you can do in online PVP just no actual PVP. 

Side note... I also wish the SCAVS didn't respawn, or at least respawn so quickly. When I go into shoreline on PVE, the cars by SCAV island on the road checkpoint always have a couple SCAVS, every time I kill them and go to the island and kill the two down there, by the time I get back they have already respawned at the cars. It makes looting difficult especially since there is no option to drag bodies at this time.

Jrex
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, crankb0lt said:

Strange I always get rushed by about 6 at once in factory PVE

Maybe I'm just unlucky when it comes to wanting scavs...

anyway. they should make it so that there are like 3x the scavs in pve than online and some of those scavs have m4s and forts that will completely buttfuck you.

Imagine the pve is a big gang of scavs being hired by a trader to hunt you down and they will spam the duck outta you with nades and try to wall bang you and poo.

JoshTwar

Hi , I have no interest in PVE sandbox or arena but I have allot of practice so solo run in customs on my first day was fine ,but for newer players such as Monte PVE would be good practice , as long as the loot was non tranferable from pve to pvp servers.

I also think its good to push past that fear of losing your gear and it is not too hard to get more weapons in this game either 

This game costs allot I'm sure the devs can spare a new Ferrari or mansion to afford to rent a few more servers for lovers of their game lol

ABRAXAS

+1 for PvE with a separate stash and PMC. I have serious anxiety issues which means I can only handle about 5 minutes of gameplay before having an attack, but I love this game, having a PVE mode would increase that duration significantly. Psychologically speaking just knowing its a bot eases the levels of stress immensely. as it is its not worth even playing.

• Upvote 1

silentdeath631

I can normally take out skav with no issues. You just have to try real hard to get behind them. The most annoying part about skavs is that you'll kill one and wait for more. None will come then as you're looting one makes his 1000 mile trek and manages to appear in front of you. If you're having trouble getting the drop on skav the best way to counter is to run straight at one and run away from the direction he starts aiming. Try to make the skav constantly readjust his aim. This works quite well on player skavs too. Try to remember the other person has lower fps tok. Use that to your advantage. A well place shot is more important against player skavs while getting the first shot and hit is important against AI skavs. Most skavs will go prone when you hit them the first time. That's your time to push and take them out. I've timed it that you have about 2 to 3 seconds after your first shot and about 3 seconds after one spots you to make a shot or break line of sight and try from another angle. I'm only level 15 but I'm picking up on these tactics pretty quickly. Constantly try to outsmart everything in Tarkov and you will survive. Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

a PvE mode would be nice(no lag), maybe with reduced loot and xp but i don't think its hardcore enough for it to be added.

DrakeVanders

I for one support a PvE mode, providing certain things are met:

• Greatly reduced XP gain compared to PvP mode
  • Greater Scav Amounts within maps, an example is the two scav's on Fishermens Island on Shoreline, make 3x the amount
  • Greater Scav Spawn frequency (for maps like Factory)
  • Seperate Stash and PMC Character
  • Lesser Quality of Loot found on Scav's and Containers
  • Slower Trader Reputation gain and minor adjustment of missions (since some require the killing of PMC's)

kingsim00000

I would like to see a PVE mod too, with a different kind of stash from the PVP mod. That would be great!

Edited by kingsim00000

HappyCamper

I would like a pve mode to practice. But you should not get any xp or gear from it. It would also be nice to be able to enter it as a group, easy to teach new players the ropes like that.

But I think the devs said it will be removed anyway.... or did that change at some point?

GhostZ69

Offline peer to peer co-op without progression save is already planned and confirmed for after final release.  We can still ask for a completely separate save for PVE only, but definitely not until after rleaese and after non-progression save mode is enabled.

kyoungmok915

I, too support this idea. Just like GTA 5, singleplayer mode have a story mode, separate stash and playable without Internet connection, and multiplayer has some small quests for exp, money, reward and something like that.

Offline peer to peer co-op mode might be also cool so I can teach my friends how to play this game.

Cerberon

Yes, please this. A separate PVE mode, sometimes I just want to play and have fun. Not being assigned to a life or death situation. Its to hard and to tense for me. Sometimes I just want to play, be entertained. Dying 23 times in a row regardless of tactics is just boring.
The only thing I do is run around with the melee weapon, since otherwise I just loose money every time.

Le me be clear, I would want PVE and PVP to be separate, cash, items, skills. You name it. Let the hardcore part remain, because even if I hate it, its very nicely made.
Just give me a chance to have fun every once in a while.

All the basics are there (offline mode), just add a separate stash, hey I'd even pay a few dollar for it. And it will never cause any harm or compromise to the pvp part, in fact it might even bring people like me into more pvp after killing enough scavs.

But right now, offline mode is just a waste of time in every sense. And normal mode for me consists of looting 4 items before I die...

inb4 get good

Edited by Cerberon

Gamefoxprime

I feel this would be great since many people like this game style but do not like PVP. Many people prefer hanging out with friends killing npc. I feel an option select in the launcher could be the easiest route for this as the only thing it would affect is the connection of the PvPvE/ PVE server/stash. This would minimize hard coding of the game itself, it could also generate NPC as BEAR/USEC(with tags) that way vendor missions would not need to be adjusted. Realistic military games with a CO-OP functions are extremely hard to find that are of decent quality. I understand some people feel PVE only is strange considering there is no end game for it. While some people would only play PVE it could actually supply the PvPvE servers with more people as people get used to playing the game and decide to join the fight for gear.

yoditax

The only way a PVE-exclusive mode would make sense is if your characters and stashes were completely separated.

From the way you can already play PVE offline without relying on servers to spawn scavs or loot, I could see this as not being a hugely difficult thing to implement, but having a PVE mode that can transfer into your PVE loot/xp would make no sense considering the direction this game wants to take.

GasT79

Need to be completely separate stashes and characters.. 

I would still only play PVP but considering how tough time many have here and the steep learning curve i think a solo or coop with p2p pve should be good for people to learn in.

I want to fight decent and skilled geared players but meet way to many lvl 1-10 that feel completely clueless and hatchlings of different levels. 

chouoo

This game, EFT, has a great potential among similar games, I played Dayz, Battlefield, Arma1,2,3, Battleground and etc, but not server.

The current server condition is not like the satisfaction at all.

It seems I play in Asia server and I have pings around 100 ~ 150. In Shoreline I have fps among 1 ~ 60 fps. Do you know what does it mean? It means somewhat you don't play it smoothly or pleasantly in Shoreline. PvE mode would be great to cover while devs fix the desync problem and enhance net code.

NSWC10
On 19/1/2018 at 0:07, montehawks said:

Compré el juego hace unos días y estoy aquí para hacer sonar mi 2 centavos. Me encantaría que haya un modo PVE separado del modo en línea en el que pueda guardar mi botín y la fiesta con amigos, o incluso ir solo. Vengo de juegos de FPS como Overwatch, Rust, un poco de CS: GO y un poco de BF1, y he descubierto que este juego tiene una curva de aprendizaje increíblemente grande (para personas como yo). Me cuesta mucho enfrentarme solo a los SCAVS, a menudo me disparan desde lo suficientemente lejos como para no ver o se me cae un pedacito de la cabeza y me atrapan de esa manera. Es desalentador ejecutar el juego en línea para ser demolido 9/10 veces (en serio, mi tasa de supervivencia es del 10%). En PVE, mi éxito es al menos del 50%, por lo que quiero seguir jugando, pero todo el botín se pierde. 

This game needs a PVE mode for those who want to enjoy their experience, I like to play calm against AI only

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1