Sign in to follow this  
Condough

desync, whats so different?

the idea of this game is the best ive played in years -- the guns, the little details, hardcore mmo shooter, very fun and original. But the responsiveness of everything is absolutely atroicious. 

the desync is so bad it's almost every other game i'm dying to it. im glancing up at my packets in/out every 30 seconds and still dying to desync

if it's not desync it's players warpin/laggin around like someones unplugging and plugging the server back in every 5 seconds.

and yea i get it, beta, sure.. but it is 2018 and this game plays like a game from 1999

what is this game doing different that is so different from every other online game ive been playing since dial-up, whys it struggling so much?

Edited by Condough

11 minutes ago, Condough said:

and yea i get it, beta, sure.. but it is 2018 and this game plays like a game from 1999

Have you ever heard of DayZ Standalone Alpha? It was this, with worse graphics, no loot, no players. 

Have you heard of PUBG release? Where it took 12 seconds to pick up an item off of the ground or to reload the gun in your hand.

14 minutes ago, Condough said:

the idea of this game is the best ive played in years -- the guns, the little details, hardcore mmo shooter, very fun and original. But the responsiveness of everything is absolutely atroicious. 

the desync is so bad it's almost every other game i'm dying to it. im glancing up at my packets in/out every 30 seconds and still dying to desync

if it's not desync it's players warpin/laggin around like someones unplugging and plugging the server back in every 5 seconds.

what is this game doing different that is so different from every other online game ive been playing since dial-up, whys it struggling so much?

Right now there are alot of server problems exacerbated by a big influx of players. They located server issues and also are waiting on new servers to come in. We should have them implemented in the next week or so.

4 minutes ago, Eragon284th said:

Have you ever heard of DayZ Standalone Alpha? It was this, with worse graphics, no loot, no players. 

Have you heard of PUBG release? Where it took 12 seconds to pick up an item off of the ground or to reload the gun in your hand.

i bought pubg the week it came out, and pubg's responsiveness was def bad, still is. but it played like butter compared to this and there's 100 people on a map 10x the size of shoreline. 

1 hour ago, zpwarrior said:

Right now there are alot of server problems exacerbated by a big influx of players. They located server issues and also are waiting on new servers to come in. We should have them implemented in the next week or so.

Implemented in the next week or so....  If you believe that, I've got a couple bridges you might be interested in purchasing.  ;)

2 hours ago, SSIXS said:

Implemented in the next week or so....  If you believe that, I've got a couple bridges you might be interested in purchasing.  ;)

Guess well have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, faithy_ said:

Give it some time, still in beta..

the neverending 'beta' status of all these games coming out is laughable.

betas are for getting out bugs and kinks like a gun doing too much damage, frequency of loot, ai difficulty, armor effectiveness, etc. 

i dont expect to struggle to stay connected. i dont expect to not be able to shoot a guy running because a player is actually a couple feet ahead of where it shows on my screen.

all the cool guns and armor in the world mean nothing without tight gameplay. especially in a high risk/reward game like this

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The devs deserve all the grief they get purely because they decided to call it a beta for an easy cash grab when it’s still clearly alpha. It’s the most broken beta ever, I’ve played countless betas before and they were all vastly more polished than this. 

Its alpha in everything but name

Edited by slackpanda
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Condough said:

the neverending 'beta' status of all these games coming out is laughable.

betas are for getting out bugs and kinks like a gun doing too much damage, frequency of loot, ai difficulty, armor effectiveness, etc. 

i dont expect to struggle to stay connected. i dont expect to not be able to shoot a guy running because a player is actually a couple feet ahead of where it shows on my screen.

all the cool guns and armor in the world mean nothing without tight gameplay. especially in a high risk/reward game like this

They would like to release the game for this year, ad they are keeping their promises with, betas and events.

So probably the desync issue would be fix in this current year. 

I'm a server developer myself and I can ensure you, that they are trying to fix a problem of unity, changing the way it make some of it's networks sync stuffs. I know it's frustrating, if you feel so down right now don't be they would reset your account eventually, so try to enjoy when the servers are a little more unloaded.

And even if all are telling the same thing, it's still a beta , and they are a small studio without publisher give the time to work around this.

7 hours ago, Condough said:

Exactly this.

I just got out of a game on Customs; guy was looting in the back room at gas station, I'm waiting behind the door near the bathroom/counter and when I hear he starts coming outside I'm watching the door peeked. A moment later he warps 30 feet ahead outside the gas station instantly and sprints down the road.

I get it, game still needs work. Hopefully issues such as these will lessen over time, I just don't like them calling it something it's not. I agree with others that the Alpha title is probably still appropriate.

Please devs, this game is great. Take your time.

On 19. 1. 2018 at 12:48 PM, faithy_ said:

Give it some time, still in beta..

Please stop naming this game as a beta. This is totally not a beta. 

Ubisoft, big company with ALOT of money and manpower at hand, was not able to fix RS6:Siege´s Netcode after 2 years, how do you expect this small russian studio to be able to fix a problem of this magnitude?

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:50 AM, zpwarrior said:

surely they are hosting this is the cloud? 

Auto-scaling is the tool to help here

BSG - do you need any cloud architects????

On 1/20/2018 at 8:08 AM, Niahkl said:

Ubisoft, big company with ALOT of money and manpower at hand, was not able to fix RS6:Siege´s Netcode after 2 years, how do you expect this small russian studio to be able to fix a problem of this magnitude?

rs6 siege never played as poorly as this does right now. if you want to compare, why can games like cs 1.6 in 2003 play so tight compared to this.... in 2003!! ya ya ya, i know -- smaller maps, less people, simpler graphics. did i mention that was in 2003 though? 

these developers working on games from the outside in drives me crazy. constantly adding features that sacrifice gameplay performance simply to get the initial interest/sale of consumers. 

gameplay is what keeps a game going for 10+ years. gameplay is what keeps people coming back. simply playing against other players and learning how to outwit/outplay them is what keeps people coming back for more, the strive to be better than the next guy. the entertainment is created out of thin air.

if they never added another gun/armor/loot item to this game but tightened the gameplay up to normal fps standards, this game would blow up and stay a top game for years.  

On 19/01/2018 at 2:50 AM, zpwarrior said:

We should have them implemented in the next week or so.

I would like to know where you got that info from.