Jarandjar

Game Deleted All My Files

Jarandjar

So my game has been acting up as of the brand new update. When I tried playing it kicked me off. So I restarted my game and decided to reinstall. After that I did and everything went accordingly, but, it then wouldn't install and kept giving me an error. Now I can't even install my game anymore. If you could help now that'd be really helpful. I wanna play the game I bought.

ded51f29089d98f069b8451f37ed49f5.png

8358507f1ce5ee6f6143133711f555cf.jpg

Jarandjar

Problem got more worse. It deleted everything on my C:// Drive. Lmao.

Fack_A_You

kinda strange my friend is having the same problem also 

Jarandjar

Update: I have restored my computer and the game now works. Delete all your files.

SaltiestSailor
On 1/20/2018 at 10:51 AM, Jarandjar said:

Update: I have restored my computer and the game now works. Delete all your files.

Were you able to recover your files? If so, how?

Corthag_

Same thing happend to me. Trying to install the game resulted in half my harddrive getting wiped.

The support suggests to use an antivirus. No comment on that.

bst1337

This happened to me yesterday!

I tried to install the game on my storage HDD. The launcher/installer didn't seem to work. So I installed the launcher again on my C drive and ran it as administrator.

After a while, the launcher stopped with an error message saying that it was not able to access a file in my Recycle Bin?! 

At that point I killed the process. I then discovered that my PC was not acting normal AT ALL. I couldn't even hit the WIN key and all icons in the task bar were blank and the shortcuts not working. 

At that point, I realized the launcher had deleted almost everthing on my C drive (including documents, desktop files, pictures etc.) to a point where windows did not function anymore - I didn't even have a wallpaper!!

I pulled the plug on my PC, hoping that this was just a hickup. But no. No difference. Still missing all my files.
I then killed my PC (suspecting some kind of randsomware came with the launcher), and disconnected my storage drives physically. 

I'm at work right now, so I will have to see if it also deleted 15 yrs of family photos on my storage drive on which I first tried to install the game, when I get home. Most of my photos are backed up on a seperate HDD, but whits drive was connected to my PC internally as well (yes yes - I know I should've used a cloud solution).

I tried to run a restore software to get all my files saved on my desktiop back, but all files that it was able to recover are corrupt and can't be opened :( 
Scanning the drive with malwarebytes results in 0 threats found, and my antivirus did not find anything suspicious either.

Jesmus

Same here. 

Lost absolutely everything.

What a ducking great game 10/10

panda_23

This just happen to me and I’m pissed seriously they need to figure out a way to fix that and figure out how to get my poo cuz that honestly makes me wanna get a damn refund on this game now

DonReno89

This happend to 2 of my friends at the same time while in a raid. One had got their game deleted, while the other still got the files, but got this game error message everytime he tried to join a game.

After both reinstalled it's back to normal. My friend that had gotten his game whiped or maybe his whole drive luckily only had EFT on it. He recently bought one of them PCI express SSD's.

Georgiegold

This has happened to me but I've never been able to launch the game. Literally just purchased and I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times on my E drive. Luckily no wipe yet on my drive. Not letting that thing near my C drive in fear of the wipe. 

Edit: Can't even get a refund for a game that doesn't launch and wipes drives. Fantastic.

Edited by Georgiegold

Maki_Nishikino

This is a known issue, devs are aware.

It's installing to X:/

...and not X:/EscapeFromTarkov

It's worth using Recuva to try and get stuff back....

https://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

Edited by Maki3006

bravo_matthew

I'm having a similar issue my game is crashing when loading in items or profile information while in game. One time it wiped all the game files but doesn't seem to have damaged anything else 2018-01-23.txt  loading in logs to see Cef.log issue .

x_22_x

My friend that I had talked into buying this game also had the same issue deleted his entire D: drive that the game was installed on he is now pissed at me and is reinstalling windows as it also affected his windows files.........going to tell all the gamers I know not to get this game anytime soon if at all what a waste of money!

pacmandamian

Happened to me as well now I cannot install discord. I cannot factory reset my PC...Tarkov literally pooped on my PC. Thanks! Plus wiped everything on my PC including family phots

Maxtorym

My game doenst make a folder file in documents at all :(

AlteredDemon

It just happened me today, i went to unistall for the new .12 update to play and reinstall since i couldn't get on too the servers. after i did, it deleted all my files for minecraft, steam , discord, and more. and i couldn't restore them because i had no backup.

kawan333

Can confirm, this just happened to me, Tarkov deleted 300GB worth of Data, luckily it wasn't on my C drive 

Edited by kawan333

sYs
On 1/20/2018 at 4:57 PM, Jarandjar said:

Problem got more worse. It deleted everything on my C:// Drive. Lmao.

3 minutes ago, kawan333 said:

Can confirm, this just happened to me, Tarkov deleted 300GB worth of Data, luckily it wasn't on my C drive 

Impossible - unless you had EscapeFromTarkov.exe litteraly located in C:\EscapeFromTarkov.exe or D:\EscapeFromTarkov.exe or E:\EscapeFromTarkov.exe

I would really love to look at your windows logs. 

Edited by sYs

kawan333
Just now, sYs said:

Impossible - unless you had EscapeFromTarkov.exe litteraly located in C:\EscapeFromTarkov.exe

I had it located in my E drive, and therfore it deleted everything in my E drive, how can this be impossible? It JUST happened

sYs
2 minutes ago, kawan333 said:

I had it located in my E drive, and therfore it deleted everything in my E drive, how can this be impossible? It JUST happened

If you had it litteraly installed in

E:\EscapeFromTarkov.exe [ basicaly all game files in E] Than his could happen

You can still get your files back if you ain't touching E drive. Nothing is ever deleted if you don't overwrite on those hdd sectors. 

Edited by sYs

kawan333
1 minute ago, sYs said:

If you had it litteraly installed in

E:\EscapeFromTarkov.exe [ basicaly all game files in E] Than his could happen

You can still get your files back if you ain't touching E drive. Nothing is ever deleted if you don't overwrite on those hdd sectors. 

I had installed in E:\Games\Escapefromtarkov
I can read that i'm not the first to have this occur to me, everything is gone. I don't know what you refer to when you write hdd sectors, but it was on a SSD

sYs
1 minute ago, kawan333 said:

I had installed in E:\Games\Escapefromtarkov
I can read that i'm not the first to have this occur to me, everything is gone. I don't know what you refer to when you write hdd sectors, but it was on a SSD

Still you can try open source software like Recuva

kawan333
1 minute ago, sYs said:

Still you can try open source software like Recuva

I tried, it detects nothing.