-Zak-

Damage To The Legs Overpowered?

-Zak-

Hey there people,

have any of you noticed that being shot in the legs is a huge combat flaw?

The scenario is that I'm fully geared, I have a good helmet and body armour but only taking a couple of shots to the legs kills me. I'm still yet to test it properly (on other players) but I'm just wondering if any of you have had this experience as well.

Please share your stories,

Zak

• Hot 1

MikhailK

I think there's a flat % kill chance once any body part goes into the black, but even then for the sake of realism there are several large veins in the leg that when sufficiently damaged can cause an adult male to bleed out within 5-10 minutes with unconsciousness coming far before that. Combine that with increased heart-rate in a combat situation and those times could very well be quartered.

That's why blowing out someones kneecaps is the best way to kill someone in fort unless you got the ammo to spare.

Edit: Correction, flat % to kill on damage, not on bleed.

Edited by MikhailK
  • Upvote 1

-Zak-

That actually makes a lot of sense but wouldn't you rather them adding some type of plating to trousers or something like that? I think there needs to be something implemented to stop the instant death since we can armour majority of the body.

KastorKrieg

> I think there's a flat % kill chance once any body part goes into the black

No, it's just that once a body part is black, all damage that goes into it is multiplied x2 all over the rest of the body.

• Upvote 1