devendontedavid

Unable To Launch In Steam

devendontedavid

Since the new patch , making the game only playable through launcher I'm having a very hard time using my steam controller . Normally I'd add non steam game (eft exe.) Then launch and it works . But now the only way I was able to use my controller was to, open launcher , launch game, open steam In big screen, launch exe ,exit the launcher and first game (this worked twice , iv tried adding launcher through steam, doesn't work ).if I just try to open it in steam without opening one in launcher first it doesn't launch (patch I guess). I can't use keyboard and mouse due too injuries so I pretty much can't play now and was wondering if anyone figured out anything , 

I know not many people use this controller

Brennus

My game works fine when adding the launcher through steam. I don't know why mine would work and not yours though.

5w1n3

Latest patch (0.6.0.861) does state that game can only be run through the Tarkov launcher. Try doing that, Steam makes my eyes bleed and has been due an upgrade for at least 10 years. 

• Like 1

Your_Moms_Gyno
1 hour ago, 5w1n3 said:

Latest patch (0.6.0.861) does state that game can only be run through the Tarkov launcher. Try doing that, Steam makes my eyes bleed and has been due an upgrade for at least 10 years. 

Can confirm that the .exe (even when launched from quick-menu on Win7) will just give blackscreen & CTD immediately. Must be run through the launcher.

OP has stated though that their impairment prevents them from using KBM, and that as they've purchased a steam controller they must run all games through steam for it to function (because steam is a lady of the night *that alternative from the filter though, leaves it relatively ambiguous lol, gw filter guy* ).

Edited by qS_Sachiel

ShowMeDeWai

I am not sure why they made this change.  I really hope it has something to do with the hacks and cheats and not just "Mother Russia says you must use OUR launcher to launch our game!!!"

lolskilled

Anyone found out how to link Tarkov to Steam  now in 2020? :)

Hijack_Dallas

EFT will come for Steam, but after full release. So please, just wait 

VValkyr
On 2/22/2020 at 10:40 PM, Hijack_Dallas said:

EFT will come for Steam, but after full release. So please, just wait 

Yeah, but it might come out in the next decade for all we know. I've been waiting for news on EFT on steam for almost 2 years now, and just had enough and decided to buy the game recently. But I do organize my games on steam, so it would be convienient AF to have eft there too