Launcher won't make update

Turboccxr

Hello everyone,

When i want to update the game, i keep meeting the same problem: after i put my login and password in the launcher at the start, i can see a glimpse of the launcher before it switches off by itself.

I also tried to run as admin, but no change. I tried also to launch it directly via the app in the game files but it won't function: the screen will go black for a few seconds before everything goes back to normal. Running as admin won't change anything.

The weird thing is that the game an ok yesterday, and has this problem only since today 21/01/2018.

I tried to reinstall the launcher alone but when it asks me to update it (critical update), the same problmen occurs after the reinstalling of the launcher. When i went to the logs of the game it puts me this : Assert.raiseExceptions:'False'| 

I don't know what to do. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks for your time.

Okay i found the Battlestate Games directory is being made 'read only' after BSGLauncher updated, everytime i tried to untick read only, it would revert back to read only, so i downloaded and installed the game to a seperate new directory different from the launcher directory and it worked.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, WelshShippy84 said:

Okay i found the Battlestate Games directory is being made 'read only' after BSGLauncher updated, everytime i tried to untick read only, it would revert back to read only, so i downloaded and installed the game to a seperate new directory different from the launcher directory and it worked.

What do you mean by directory ? You mean anohter part of the hard drive? For example instead of installing it in My Documents install it in Program Files  and separating it from the launcher ? But how can you do it please.

3 hours ago, Turboccxr said:

What do you mean by directory ? You mean anohter part of the hard drive? For example instead of installing it in My Documents install it in Program Files  and separating it from the launcher ? But how can you do it please.

Sorry i took so long to reply, glad you figured it out and it worked for you! thanks for the PM to let me know. :)

@Turboccxr I had an issue earlier where I wasn't able to patch my game. Eventually I stumbled on the fix. When you launch the launcher just wait... don't click on anything. If nothing happens for 30 seconds click on the update button and close out the launcher through task manager. Make sure the "bsglauncher.exe" in your details tab is also closed. Then launch the launcher again and wait. If nothing happens then idk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2018 at 6:07 AM, Turboccxr said:

Hello everyone,

When i want to update the game, i keep meeting the same problem: after i put my login and password in the launcher at the start, i can see a glimpse of the launcher before it switches off by itself.

I also tried to run as admin, but no change. I tried also to launch it directly via the app in the game files but it won't function: the screen will go black for a few seconds before everything goes back to normal. Running as admin won't change anything.

The weird thing is that the game an ok yesterday, and has this problem only since today 21/01/2018.

I tried to reinstall the launcher alone but when it asks me to update it (critical update), the same problmen occurs after the reinstalling of the launcher. When i went to the logs of the game it puts me this : Assert.raiseExceptions:'False'| 

I don't know what to do. Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks for your time.

I open up the launcher and click update for the new patch. It doesn’t do poo. I have to restart my computer 100 times. On top of that when you close the launcher , your assed out. You can re opennit unles you restart your computer . Wtf is this and what can we do? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/18/2018 at 7:09 AM, Pierrow said:

I also have the problem, I will try to find the real origin of the problem and solve it later.

I figured it out today go into settings and uncheck out update then save and go press check for updates it works 

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have a problem when try to download game from launcher

when 30% or even 70% goes suddenly it shows:

enable to read data from transport connection: the connection was closed

what can i do??

plz help

Untitled 1.png

• 3 years later...