ELCAN SpecterDR 1x/4x Scope bug?

RACWAR

I've just come across something that I think is a bug or it's just behaving unintended. It's about the scope called ELCAN SpecterDR 1x/4x. It seems to cover your entire screen on one occasion and then doesn't on the other. I'll write down step by step what I mean.

>Zooming in with scope first time, huge appearance on screen

>Switching to secondary iron sights on top

>Switching back to the scope, and it's much smaller and further off your face (which I highly prefer)

>Switching to another gun, and back to the previous one to rest the "bug"

>Repeat all steps above and it happens again

Is that some sort of FOV bug?

Yeah scope's bugged, been like that since it was added, you can change the zoom level but the second you switch to the iron sights it's basically a fancy red dot until you switch to something else and back again

3 minutes ago, RagnarBuliwyf said:

Pretty interesting. I quite like the option between looking down a long range scope to "zoom in" and just looking down it normally. 

It's probably a bug though

Well, I'm not sure which of the scope distances is the intended one, but I feel like the second one after having switched back from the top iron sights are more realistic. Because on the first occasion it looks like your eyeball is right against the scope, which, IRL would probably slam the thing into your eye socket from the recoil. On the second it seems like normally resting your cheek on the cheek weld like a trained shooter would do.

i got the same problem/bug with the elcan spectr, but my friend dosnt have it.

in my opinion its caused by the resolution, i play on a 21:9 2560x1080 screen and my friend on a 16:9 1920x1080 screen

4 minutes ago, headbanger203 said:

Yeah scope's bugged, been like that since it was added, you can change the zoom level but the second you switch to the iron sights it's basically a fancy red dot until you switch to something else and back again

Well it's not just a fancy red dot, there is still some magnification there, and you can still also set the magnification to x1, the whole scope is just further off your face.

3 minutes ago, TheBigZwiebula said:

i got the same problem/bug with the elcan spectr, but my friend dosnt have it.

in my opinion its caused by the resolution, i play on a 21:9 2560x1080 screen and my friend on a 16:9 1920x1080 screen

Hm, strange, I play on a 16:9 1920x1080 screen as well.

Edited by RAC-W
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RAC-W said:

Well it's not just a fancy red dot, the zoom still stays, and you can still also set the magnification to x1, the whole scope is just further off your face.

Just tried it myself, and you're right. I'm actually kinda annoyed I never knew that, would have helped in a few situations

I've never really used it for CQC, only brought it out on maps like woods and shoreline and then I very rarely switch to the irons and use the sight like that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, headbanger203 said:

Just tried it myself, and you're right. I'm actually kinda annoyed I never knew that, would have helped in a few situations

I've never really used it for CQC, only brought it out on maps like woods and shoreline and then I very rarely switch to the irons and use the sight like that.

Yea, I think it's much better that way because it gives you more situational awareness, because when the scope is covering 3/4 of your entire screen then you can't see what's going on all around. That's also why many professional shooters will shoot with both eyes open while aiming down a sight to get a more peripheral vision, which would give you a view just like in the second example in the video.