Quality of Life Hot Key.

gNecrOz

Okay my suggestion is a small one. It probably has been suggested already, but I could not find it using some key words in the Topic Search Bar. So as with most all my Topics, if this has been mentioned or said or is a known and planned. Please Lock the thread if that is the case and let me know <3

Okay, here it is... it is pretty simple. As simple as simple gets. So, When you Hot Key something, like a grenade or a Med Supply or  a Drink or Food... you have to Drag it to the key you want to I.E 1,2,3... Why not have it so, if you Mouse Over Something, you Press the Hot Key and it will Assign it to that Button. 

Example: I want an AI-2 on '4' and a Painkiller on '5'. I just Mouse over the AI-2 and press '4' and it will be assigned to Num 4. Same with the Painkiller, Mouse Over, Press, Assigned, Done. No need to Drag the Consumable down to the Hot Bar. 

Just a thought, hope you like it.

Cheers,

Necro

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Phoenixsui

I dont know. Doesnt this consume about the same time. It is just easiert to press the wrong button by error and overwrite some functions you didnt want to override. Or it only works on 1-0 buttons maybe.

• Confused 1
5 hours ago, Phoenixsui said:

I dont know. Doesnt this consume about the same time. It is just easiert to press the wrong button by error and overwrite some functions you didnt want to override. Or it only works on 1-0 buttons maybe.

There is no way that this would take the same amount of time as dragging the time from your pocket/rig to your hot bar... 

Quite literally,

1. you would Drag from Stash to Pockets/Rig,
  2. press '4-0' Which ever hot keys your normally are using to med up.

*which I would imagine is 4 for Meds and 5 for PKs and then erroneous consumables on 6-0.

If you are pressing the wrong hot keys doing this method... then I think you have larger problems then this being a faster Hot Key method... like you know, pressing the wrong key to heal getting your killed.

So I just cannot fathom how you think this will take the same amount of time, or you just are not fully understanding how this works.

not fast, this is opened to error and tapping the wrong button. 
Why change something that isn't broken? it's easy to drag and drop, doesn't take much time and you don't do it that many times in a round.