vic13ious

The reasoning behind removing the IFAK peacekeeper?

I was just wondering what the reasoning behind this? I mean, I don't see how it ruins the gameplay or effects the game negatively. Is it so we are forced to take more expensive gear in? So people don't just use scav vests and pick up chest rigs? I'm just wondering why and what everyone else thinks about this. 

32 minutes ago, vic13ious said:

I was just wondering what the reasoning behind this? I mean, I don't see how it ruins the gameplay or effects the game negatively. Is it so we are forced to take more expensive gear in? So people don't just use scav vests and pick up chest rigs? I'm just wondering why and what everyone else thinks about this. 

My guess would be that it's a little bit to much for a lvl 1 medkit right now, it has a quick application and one slot. It should be at least lvl 3 in my honest opinion.

• Upvote 1

Right now the medical system is broken like never before. All you need is IFAKs and painkillers. IFAK on lvl1 Peacekeeper makes all the other medic stuff useless. Also it makes leveling Therapist totally useless. You should be able to buy it on a higher level either Therapist or Peacekeeper imo.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, vic13ious said:

I don't see how it ruins the gameplay or effects the game negatively.

It destroys any reason to use any other medication. You don't need AI-2, Salewa, Car First Aid Kit or Grizzly. All of  these are inferior to IFAK in terms of use time, slots taken, HP/slot etc. 

And being able to buy IFAK from raid one is terrible idea on the game design level. It should be available not earlier than Peacekeeper Lv 4, or higher (if they add more levels), or from Therapist level 4.

BTW, I dislike idea of meds being purchasable from anyone else than Therapist. 

Also, the painkillers are overpowered. IMHO they should only remove pain, not allow sprinting without legs. That's stupid. At most they could allow for normal walk with blackened leg. And morphine for normal walk with two blackened legs.

And painkillers must not work when leg is broken. For broken bones you should need splint, not some miraculous instant pills. 

• Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1

On 2018-01-23 at 7:47 AM, vic13ious said:

Don't see an exact answer and i cant provide you one either, but from what i understand. The IFAK is a end tier item and previously had the same "durability" as the Salewa med kit, it wouln't make any sense to just hand it over to the new players for 56 dollar's. It would make leveling therapist less important, and also render Car/Salewa's useless.

8 minutes ago, Maki3006 said:

At least you did not go bananas over it, seen many people that have. :) 

Nope doesn't bother me. I was just wondering what people thought about it

9 hours ago, Maki3006 said:

At least you did not go bananas over it, seen many people that have. :) 

Hahahah you dont even know how right you are right now, just look at this topic, some ppl think having IFAKs is a SERIOUS ADVANTAGE 

That is very good thing, as someone mentioned IFAK was available from level 1 and cheap, other meds become not so worth to buy, and gives you a lot of advantage. But i don't understand at what level IFAK now is available for buying from peacekeeper? 

By the way that option to be able to buy IFAK from from therapist for a 6 packs of specific cigarettes pack is ridiculous. it takes too long to get those blue type cigarette packs : / i guess it is cheaper than 60$, but on other hand it occupies 6 slots : / not mentioning to find that certain type of cigarettes.