Jump to content
BsgRacetrackPio

Being hit on wearing Bulletproof Vests

Recommended Posts

BsgRacetrackPio

Hi all.

We all know that players wearing Armor Vests (Class 2 or 6) must be hit many more time get killed, you first have to breach their vest and then they get really damaged (or you can score hit on non-covered parts of the body)

I know that this fact isn't really realistic due to gameplay problems and this is okay and fun.

But when you wear a Fort Armor and you get hit by a Shotgun from 2 meters, you don't die off course because you wear the armor but at least you are very stunned from the hit you got.

I suggest to add a Stunned Effect like grenades do, maybe less invasive maybe less durable just a second or 2, but I think this is very important for gameplay.

You don't die but the game cannot let you go around like nothing happened, at least a few second of stun must be added, or smomething like this.

Maybe the player hit can fall on the ground on his back, being able to shoot back after a second..

I think you understand what I mean :)

Off course you don't die but you got an Hammered in your chest like if it was Thor launched the shot :)

 

 

Edited by TheBsgRacetrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Muller

well... getting hit does add a feint camera shake and blur, it also throws off your aim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BsgRacetrackPio
18 minutes ago, A_Muller said:

well... getting hit does add a feint camera shake and blur, it also throws off your aim.

Not enough imho..

Some people run like terminators while being hit multiple times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randalf
2 hours ago, TheBsgRacetrack said:

Not enough imho..

Some people run like terminators while being hit multiple times. 

That is the point of fort armour..

To allow you to be hit multiple times and survive, unless shot in the arms or legs..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Muller
3 hours ago, TheBsgRacetrack said:

Not enough imho..

Some people run like terminators while being hit multiple times. 

Seeing as how a NIJ III/BR5-rated armor plate can take up to 5 consecutive 7.62 cal rounds before breaking I'd say we're actually pretty accurate as far as to how it protects right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BsgRacetrackPio
1 hour ago, Randalf said:

That is the point of fort armour..

To allow you to be hit multiple times and survive, unless shot in the arms or legs..

Side it's okay to survive with the Fort, what I'm saying is that It seems that nothing is happening eheh.

You survive BUT a bit shaken and stunned at least.

A hit by a shogun cannot di nothing, it's heavily unrealistic.

If I shot you and you wear Fort armos Yes you survive BUT Aldo you fly away for the Power of the shot....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BsgRacetrackPio
3 minutes ago, A_Muller said:

Seeing as how a NIJ III/BR5-rated armor plate can take up to 5 consecutive 7.62 cal rounds before breaking I'd say we're actually pretty accurate as far as to how it protects right now.

Guys you keep going out my TOPIC.

Yes It is right to survive After being shot I repeat, but at least a stunned effect must be added. 

This is what I'm saying, as I usually use the Fort many time I tried with a mate shooting me from 0 meters with a shogun 4/5 times and its like nothing is happening... In real Life i survive BUT i fly away eheh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SENTY
13 minutes ago, A_Muller said:

Seeing as how a NIJ III/BR5-rated armor plate can take up to 5 consecutive 7.62 cal rounds before breaking I'd say we're actually pretty accurate as far as to how it protects right now.

Thats really not true. While a bullet could be stopped penetrating the armour the force would still be transfered into the person so the effects of it not going through are actually higher than it going through. Its like being hit by 700kg which is a truck basically. SO penetrating or not your not standing and firing back thats for sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Muller

No, you'd never fly away getting shot by a shotgun, you'd take a heavy impact and fall down but if you knew how physics work then you'd also know that the type of "flying then hit" BS we see in action movies is 100% false.

If you had that amount of newtons applied to the target then the shooter would also feel that amount of force when firing.

I do agree that a bit more of a stunned effect would be nice, but I fail to see how they can properly implement that and make any high tier weponry useful in the game since then you'd just be able to shower enemies with low caliber rounds, effectively rendering them unable to do anything. It would just provide bad game mechanics.

A little bit more of a shake and maybe a few seconds of slightly blurred vision (kind of like the contussion-effect) would be nice, but anything more thaan that I believe would be difficult to solve and still keep good game mechanics.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Killeon
4 hours ago, TheBsgRacetrack said:

Hi all.

We all know that players wearing Armor Vests (Class 2 or 6) must be hit many more time get killed, you first have to breach their vest and then they get really damaged (or you can score hit on non-covered parts of the body)

 

 

This isn't true, AP ammo exists and does damage through armor (ie. 9mm pst goes through PACA into the Chest/Stomach).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Muller
3 minutes ago, SENTY said:

Thats really not true. While a bullet could be stopped penetrating the armour the force would still be transfered into the person so the effects of it not going through are actually higher than it going through. Its like being hit by 700kg which is a truck basically. SO penetrating or not your not standing and firing back thats for sure.

No, it really is true, that's exactly how the armor rating is measured.
And while yes, getting hit with a 7.62 fired at the max m/s allowed for the armor to pass the rating would generate roughly 8.1286 newtons of force.

You can't just say that "it's like getting hit by a truck".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SENTY

youve made a mistake somewhere 

a .308 bullet, our bullet mass will be 168 grains and has a velocity of 1850 fps ten feet from the barrel. So our measurement will be at ten feet from the barrel.

Velocity^2 x bullet mass/ gravity

1850 x1850 = 3,422,500

3,422,500 x 168 = 574,980,000

574,980,000 ÷ 450380 = 1276 ft-lbs of energy or 1730  Newton meters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BsgRacetrackPio
1 hour ago, A_Muller said:

No, you'd never fly away getting shot by a shotgun, you'd take a heavy impact and fall down but if you knew how physics work then you'd also know that the type of "flying then hit" BS we see in action movies is 100% false.

If you had that amount of newtons applied to the target then the shooter would also feel that amount of force when firing.

I do agree that a bit more of a stunned effect would be nice, but I fail to see how they can properly implement that and make any high tier weponry useful in the game since then you'd just be able to shower enemies with low caliber rounds, effectively rendering them unable to do anything. It would just provide bad game mechanics.

A little bit more of a shake and maybe a few seconds of slightly blurred vision (kind of like the contussion-effect) would be nice, but anything more thaan that I believe would be difficult to solve and still keep good game mechanics.

Okay I agree with you TOTALLY.

By Saying that you "Fly Away" I don't mean literally fly away obviously..

For example shooting a player running on the air channels on the top on factory could made the player fall down as he loses balance.

Anyway I totally agree with you, at least a Stunned effect like the effect that nades do would be nice.

I'm not moaning as I use heavily the Fort, I just suggest this for having more fun...

When I use it I run like a fool everywhere and kill everything that shot me even if they take me by surprise by my back.. I simple rotate the mouse and click

BOOM BOOM BOOM and they're dead, maybe after they had hit me with half a Mag...

That's not fun...

 

Anyway I see that any of you agree with the Suggest of adding some more effect when hit...

Hope the Devs look here :)

 

Thank you all! 

Cya in game ;);)

Edited by TheBsgRacetrack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A_Muller
4 hours ago, SENTY said:

youve made a mistake somewhere 

a .308 bullet, our bullet mass will be 168 grains and has a velocity of 1850 fps ten feet from the barrel. So our measurement will be at ten feet from the barrel.

Velocity^2 x bullet mass/ gravity

1850 x1850 = 3,422,500

3,422,500 x 168 = 574,980,000

574,980,000 ÷ 450380 = 1276 ft-lbs of energy or 1730  Newton meters.

I didn't notice that a completely different number was stored in my clipboard.

A 700kg car travelling at 100km/h would hit with roughly 500 times it's weight in N if it was travelling at 100km/h, a bullet will generate nowhere near as much newton upon impact.

EDIT: But back to the topic, sure, an armor piercing round would ignore a "fort" armor, which it also does in game to a great extent. But the armor should be able to withstand 5 rounds of non AP 7.62 rounds, otherwise it's resistance is not the same as the class this vest should be.

Edited by A_Muller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
escher77

My only problem with this. Is the things you are talking will lock the person up pretty much until they are shot again. Then what is the point of armor? To keep you alive while stunned longer so you can watch yourself be killed slowly and not be able to do anything about it?

I don't mind them increasing the camera blur and aim a little more but too much and then it is just not worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randalf
5 hours ago, escher77 said:

My only problem with this. Is the things you are talking will lock the person up pretty much until they are shot again. Then what is the point of armor? To keep you alive while stunned longer so you can watch yourself be killed slowly and not be able to do anything about it?

I don't mind them increasing the camera blur and aim a little more but too much and then it is just not worth it.

What i was thinking, If you are wearing armour whats the goddamn point if you just get shot and you have no hope at all of shooting back, somebody could just easily take you out, it would make the higher-tier weapons armour, pretty much useless, or a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cobra_

Getting shot with a shotgun will NEVER send you flying back, because that's not how physics works. You already get stunned enough IMO, if you watch body cam footage from police officers(Mostly soft armor, your class 2/3) and military (Your class 4 plate armor) you see people taking one or more projectiles and still firing back, like "terminators." If you have to, attribute it to adrenaline.

I'd like to see a 1-2 second contusion added in if you survive a headshot though. There's a video out there of a Marine taking a headshot from an insurgent sniper and the force of the round just glancing off his helmet clearly snaps his head back far enough to stun him for a second or two, so I don't see why it would be bad to add contusions for a survived headshot in Tarkov.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2