Any Beginner Tips?

bailsdeep

Got any tips?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Got any tips?

• Yes
    • No, This is my knowledge

First tip just go in with a handgun and one mag and try to learn the game and loot scavs before you bring in other gear. Also get ready to have 15 great games in a row then 20 bad games .Just don't get discouraged if you keep dying and losing gear.

• Thanks 1

there are alot of usefull guide on youtube i suggest you take a look at, iam allso new to eft and watching a few movies helped me alot with understanding the basics.

however its not an arcade game and i expect thats why you bought it so as gizkeras said prepare for alot of bad games in a row.

you allso have the option to use the offline mode to get to know the map without risking getting killed by someone fully geared before you have a chance t look around, for me this helpd knowing where the exfils are in the diffrent maps.

nwknirgrgwqabsw
11 hours ago, Maiens said:

there are alot of usefull guide on youtube i suggest you take a look at, iam allso new to eft and watching a few movies helped me alot with understanding the basics.

however its not an arcade game and i expect thats why you bought it so as gizkeras said prepare for alot of bad games in a row.

you allso have the option to use the offline mode to get to know the map without risking getting killed by someone fully geared before you have a chance t look around, for me this helpd knowing where the exfils are in the diffrent maps.

How do you choose offline mode? I can't see the option and I want to test keybindings and such.

33 minutes ago, jonnyz said:

How do you choose offline mode? I can't see the option and I want to test keybindings and such.

I just downloaded the game. Offline mode is when you have selected escape from tarkov as PMC you got a tick box for offline mode and after that a tick box for scavs or not, so you can learn the maps and loot spawns or just learn the weapon mechanics. 

nwknirgrgwqabsw
1 minute ago, Lagge15 said:

I just downloaded the game. Offline mode is when you have selected escape from tarkov as PMC you got a tick box for offline mode and after that a tick box for scavs or not, so you can learn the maps and loot spawns or just learn the weapon mechanics. 

Ty can't believe I missed that :P

CramMyClamPls

Are there any other tips? I'm new to the game also but I have questions on things like:

Can you teamkill/Should you teamkill?
What are Traders and how do they become traders?
What exactly are SCAV runs on Woods? My first game ever I played SCAV on Woods and left the game simply with some stuff I found and examined, and put it with my main character. How would I, I suppose, fight SCAVS?

DanExert

Welcome to the forum all. I have linked some helpful topics for you guys below.

Please also have a look at the forum rules, and become familiar with the search function as almost 95% of topics have been covered in great detail over time.

Edit: also, please remember you are playing the test build, which is subject to change at all times. As the game gets further into development, features will be introduced and some may be changed, so stay up to date with the state of the game here on the forum and make sure to read all the patch notes as they're rolled out :) 

You will die many times and lose everything you own by the way, we all have.

Edited by DanExert
Psycho8Vegemite
5 minutes ago, AlmostReallyGoo said:

Are there any other tips? I'm new to the game also but I have questions on things like:

Can you teamkill/Should you teamkill?
What are Traders and how do they become traders?
What exactly are SCAV runs on Woods? My first game ever I played SCAV on Woods and left the game simply with some stuff I found and examined, and put it with my main character. How would I, I suppose, fight SCAVS?

1. Currently, teams aren't really a thing, sure there are factions by they mean nothing. In the future, this will supposedly change

2. The traders can be found under the traders option on the main menu. Skier sells mostly parts and gear to wear but is mostly known for being the only character to buy Defender body armour with 7 gold chains, he is also quite good for weapons as well. Peacekeeper deals in USD and is the only character to buy M4s from as an example but also sells the IFAK medical pack at level 1 which is a huge advantage medical wise. Fence is the free market which selling to is not worth it but buying really rare or quest items from can be useful, for now though, stay away from him, he is mostly no good. Prapor is mostly known for the ammunition he sells but also for the gear and weapons he sells. Lastly, Therapist is the medic that will sell you medical supplies, she is extremely important and mostly important for the painkillers she sells.

3. A Scav run is where you play as a local scav in Tarkov (scav meaning scavenger). AI scavs are friendly to you unless you attack them but other player scav are usually not so be wary of them. As a beginner, I recommend using AI scavs as cannon fodder/meatshields and not attacking them.

Another tip, try your best to get over gear fear as fast as possible. Gear fear is what ruins the game for a lot of people no doubt. EFT is a lot more fun when you take in gear with the risk that you'll lose it. Of course get decent at the game before taking out really good gear but don't horde till your stash is full. A quote I go by is "Use it till you lose it" or additionally "...play to lose your gear not to keep it" and you'll soon enough realise that taking out gear when you're skilful enough usually grants you more gear than what you lose.