Scav mode issue.

Let me preface this by saying that while i have owned Escape from Tarkov since the start of the beta, i have not been able to enjoy it because of a myriad of reasons. So by all  means i am a newb/noob to this game.

My Main concern here is the Scav mode and whether it's purposefully implemented in this way or whether this is just a byproduct of the community for individuals to get easy loot.

On the many occasions I have set out to scavenge for some backup equipment just in case my primary set were to be looted- and upon doing this I'm constantly met with  NPC's/Players ( I honestly can't tell the difference unless you're playing as one of the PMC's) putting a few new holes in me which often leads me to losing all of the decent gear that i've slogged for. My question is, how in the nine layers of hell, while in scav mode, can we differentiate player scavs from npc scavs, cause this whole "getting the drop on an unsuspecting player who doesn't know you're a player" nonsense drains on not only my nerves, but some others out there as well. To be honest with this happening every 4/5 rounds I play i'm less tempted to comeback because there is little to no way that I can tell if the individual I happen to turn the corner and see with the scav character model is a player or Ai.

Please keep in mind, I don't fight unless I have too. (Which often has me dead in the first shot). I don't shoot the scavs, so they don't have a reason (unless bugged) to light me up.

Don't get me wrong I understand this is a Hardcore game in concept but where's the level of fairness? At least give us a hint(THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU GETTING SHOT AT.) at what or whom we're dealing with when we get a glance at them.

I say this because really the only 2 options is either; 1:Kill every scav you see and become public enemy number one. OR 2: Attempt to sneak by it all and hope that some jagoff with a kitted out weapon doesn't murder you while you're extracting.

zpwarrior
1 minute ago, Emitran said:

Let me preface this by saying that while i have owned Escape from Tarkov since the start of the beta, i have not been able to enjoy it because of a myriad of reasons. So by all  means i am a newb/noob to this game.

My Main concern here is the Scav mode and whether it's purposefully implemented in this way or whether this is just a byproduct of the community for individuals to get easy loot.

On the many occasions I have set out to scavenge for some backup equipment just in case my primary set were to be looted- and upon doing this I'm constantly met with  NPC's/Players ( I honestly can't tell the difference unless you're playing as one of the PMC's) putting a few new holes in me which often leads me to losing all of the decent gear that i've slogged for. My question is, how in the nine layers of hell, while in scav mode, can we differentiate player scavs from npc scavs, cause this whole "getting the drop on an unsuspecting player who doesn't know you're a player" nonsense drains on not only my nerves, but some others out there as well. To be honest with this happening every 4/5 rounds I play i'm less tempted to comeback because there is little to no way that I can tell if the individual I happen to turn the corner and see with the scav character model is a player or Ai.

Please keep in mind, I don't fight unless I have too. (Which often has me dead in the first shot). I don't shoot the scavs, so they don't have a reason (unless bugged) to light me up.

Don't get me wrong I understand this is a Hardcore game in concept but where's the level of fairness? At least give us a hint(THAT DOESN'T INVOLVE YOU GETTING SHOT AT.) at what or whom we're dealing with when we get a glance at them.

I say this because really the only 2 options is either; 1:Kill every scav you see and become public enemy number one. OR 2: Attempt to sneak by it all and hope that some jagoff with a kitted out weapon doesn't murder you while you're extracting.

Takes some time to get used to identifying player from scav in quick situations. It will get to the point where most of the time you can figure out if it was a scav, player or a player scav.

17 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

Takes some time to get used to identifying player from scav in quick situations. It will get to the point where most of the time you can figure out if it was a scav, player or a player scav.

I Appreciate the quick response, however I feel as though in a survival game...where you lose EVERYTHING you have gathered on death, while i'm aware insurance is a thing though unreliable, the answer shouldn't be to observe over time.

What that basically tells me as a player is to take the "L" you could have easily prevented had you access to this information immediately.

Edited by Emitran

Im sorry but i dont feel with you, making Ai indistinguishable from players is a very big achivement for the devs and for the game, thats one of the parts that i love about this game, you have to be constantly on the edge of your senses looking for signs of incomming attack .  its still not perfect but i had like 2 instnces where i Couldn't tell if its NPC scav or player. 

Btw distinguishing is usually quite easy as NPCs have patterns in their behaviour and predestined pathing, they always walk those few paths in the same time of the raid. 

Btw if you are not sure you can wiggle and NPCs dont react at all, if you wave the NPC instantly waves back, i dont recommend showing a finger, some scavs instantly showed the finger back but some just shout Oi, SUKA BLYAT and shoot you down instantly xD

To finish my post, this is not your tipical FPS with friendly/foe markers above heads and never will be, there will be armbands for PMC but let the Scavs be scavs,  its one of the parts that makes this game different from the other games and thats the charm of this game... 

Edited by FurryAlot
10 minutes ago, Zybane said:

Too many player SCAVs will kill you, so you are forced to do the same thing in return. Shoot and kill anything that sees you IMO. 

I have to disagree, ive met plenty of friendly scavs recently,. 

I even wiggled on 2 scavs when I played as PMC and led them to 2 fully geared dead bodies, we danced for a while and then we parted ways, just few moments later on my way to extract 2 hatchlings axed me down in heavy desincs xD

Trafa_D_Ace
On 25/1/2018 at 3:23 PM, FurryAlot said:

I have to disagree, ive met plenty of friendly scavs recently,. 

I even wiggled on 2 scavs when I played as PMC and led them to 2 fully geared dead bodies, we danced for a while and then we parted ways, just few moments later on my way to extract 2 hatchlings axed me down in heavy desincs xD

Lucky you :) Form me all Scav Players I found just shoot me on sight....I might be wrong but, isn't the Scavs suppose to be the inhabitants of Tarkov who defend the city against the PMC's forces? I know that between Scavs there are like "factions" but with a same goal, so would be nice a little more of Co-op game between scavs (and by do so, respect the lore of the game a bit that is fantastic) than this whole "stab in the back" movement that scav players do. It would be easy for the PMC players to loot if there is only one Scav player to kill tho xDDDD