Hyperrix

Suppressors

Hyperrix

Hello Everyone Reading this hope all of you are enjoying the game so far and are having a Blazingly Fun Time. In this Topic i'd like to Ask a specific question that resolves around Suppressors For Me Personally They're really Cheap at the Moment just like around 20k Roubles for an AK Suppressor. It is a Really Good Attachement No Doubt! But Don't you think that that amount is abit too Cheap for an Attachement that is that Good. Just Think About it it Really can Change up the Game and One Suggestion I'd like to see is Maybe only the New Trader Which might get into the game soon gets to sell them or Make them Obtainable by Trading Certain Items like DeadlySlob's Idea. I'd Like to hear Other Peoples Opinions. Just let me know. Have a Great Day

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jrider728

they supposedly going to make them break down after a certain number of shots, so i'd imagine the more shots you put through them, the louder they will get

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hyperrix
vor 1 Minute schrieb Jrider728:

they supposedly going to make them break down after a certain number of shots, so i'd imagine the more shots you put through them, the louder they will get

That Would Change it up for sure. I'm Sure that's how they work in Real Life they break down. Thanks For your Answer! :)

Tactical_Tracke

I'd prefer them to actually model Suppressors correctly rather than make them degrade after X amount of shots. 

H0G
7 hours ago, Tactical_Fister said:

I'd prefer them to actually model Suppressors correctly rather than make them degrade after X amount of shots. 

Need subsonic ammunition then. 

Tactical_Tracke
15 hours ago, H0G said:

Need subsonic ammunition then. 

Sub Sonic ammunition is already in game, USG i think.

• Thanks 1

LordSquidworth

Personally don't see an issue with them...

They might be relatively cheap but for someone putting more than one mod on a gun it adds up.

As it is you can locate the source of silenced shots with relatively little extra effort.

TalRasha

Same here, I dont think silencers should be extra rare, it gives that special "hardcorish" umf to the game. In real life silencers are not very rare as well.

I would prefer them to be more realistic in terms of sound too. Make them quiet with subsonic and little bit louder using BP ammo. Its going to add a little bit balance to the game, and more realism I guess.

Edited by TalRasha

EpicOblivion

as i dont really agree with the breaking down of suppressors, they are WAY louder IRL than they are in game. I remember the first time i heard 223. (5.56) withouts ears on and it was just as deafening than the un-suppressed shot. 

Hyperrix
vor 13 Stunden schrieb EpicOblivion:

as i dont really agree with the breaking down of suppressors, they are WAY louder IRL than they are in game. I remember the first time i heard 223. (5.56) withouts ears on and it was just as deafening than the un-suppressed shot. 

I Personally Never Shot a real gun or heard one Suppressed or Unsuppressed but, now that i think about it Breaking Down of a Suppressor probably wouldn't make much sense maybe make them more expensive or only Tradeable or as you said make them abit louder not that much of a change but a little bit

Peerun

Some supressors in real life get damaged if you fire too much at once, because they overheat. Kinda like you need to change barrels on machineguns. Also the whole concept behind miniguns, is that you keep rotating the barrels so they don't overheat.

Here's a cool video about it.

EpicOblivion

i am fully aware of degrading material, but the m249 video was a 500+ round burst at one moment. Being realistic about it our real life military take gear through the dusty sandy mountains of the middle east and it requires a simple clean to fix the problem. i also can understand "cheaper" suppressors being for sale. 

Tactical_Tracke
3 hours ago, Peerun said:

Some supressors in real life get damaged if you fire too much at once, because they overheat. Kinda like you need to change barrels on machineguns. Also the whole concept behind miniguns, is that you keep rotating the barrels so they don't overheat.

Here's a cool video about it.

Literally a 'Gak It' Test. 

And considering no one uses (American at least) the Automatic fire function on their service rifles I can't see how the two points are related.

Peerun
40 minutes ago, Tactical_Fister said:

Literally a 'Gak It' Test. 

And considering no one uses (American at least) the Automatic fire function on their service rifles I can't see how the two points are related.

The supressor doesn't have to fully melt to stop silencing. Just messing up baffles inside will do that. Also it can happen that the bullet doesn't go perfectly straight and can chip or completely destroy the supressor. 
That other thing would be nice to see with weapons with a lot of wear on the barrel ingame.
Also I don't see your point about the American military not using automatic fire on their service rifles, when the American military isn't featured in the game.

Edited by Peerun

Tactical_Tracke
1 hour ago, Peerun said:

The supressor doesn't have to fully melt to stop silencing. Just messing up baffles inside will do that. Also it can happen that the bullet doesn't go perfectly straight and can chip or completely destroy the supressor. 
That other thing would be nice to see with weapons with a lot of wear on the barrel ingame.
Also I don't see your point about the American military not using automatic fire on their service rifles, when the American military isn't featured in the game.

The point being, You have two professional forces, That are more than likely made up of prior military. The simple fact of the matter is most Professional Army's do not fire their service rifle on automatic even though many have the select fire function. And considering PMC's are going to be made up of Professionals. It stands to reason that you won't be firing stuff on Automatic since that's not something that's taught in Doctrine or Practically. The point is that professionally trained forces don't fire on automatic with their service weapon. 

You're correct in regards to suppressors, But as many things aren't implemented (I.E tolerances for dust on AK's vs AR platforms) There really wouldn't be a point in modeling such things in game. 

tobiassolem

A very similar thread was posted only a week ago, here:

Please use the forum's search function to find out if the topic has been discussed before prior to creating new threads on the same topic. We do understand the desire to discuss these subjects - but please avoid repeating the same threads.

#Locked, reason: Above.