Magor57

Story mod / Free roam / Raids

Magor57

So I red alot of FAQs but can't wrap my head around one thing. Sorry to compare this to DayZ, but it's the way of play, not contentwise, so plese stay with me. In DayZ, I start the game and join a server, play and then quit.

In Tarkov, I know there will be scenarios (raids) that need to be cleared so another can open, ultimately opening the Free roam mod, without time limitation. Sooo how does this work. When I finish the scenarios, will 90% players be doing free roam? You catch my drift, I want to be able to explore the map and mostly, ENCOUNTER OTHER PLAYERS and either fight with them, or team up with them. Where will be the biggest chance for this?

Plus, aditionaly, everyone says that if you die in a raid, you will lose everything. Fine, what about if you die outside of the raid? (so far it seems only free roam is a place other than raids). What about then?

• Upvote 1

Europoor
1 minute ago, Magor57 said:

So I red alot of FAQs but can't wrap my head around one thing. Sorry to compare this to DayZ, but it's the way of play, not contentwise, so plese stay with me. In DayZ, I start the game and join a server, play and then quit.

In Tarkov, I know there will be scenarios (raids) that need to be cleared so another can open, ultimately opening the Free roam mod, without time limitation. Sooo how does this work. When I finish the scenarios, will 90% players be doing free roam? You catch my drift, I want to be able to explore the map and mostly, ENCOUNTER OTHER PLAYERS and either fight with them, or team up with them. Where will be the biggest chance for this?

Plus, aditionaly, everyone says that if you die in a raid, you will lose everything. Fine, what about if you die outside of the raid? (so far it seems only free roam is a place other than raids). What about then?

You can also return to raids, which is pretty optimal, because of secondary missions, and each raid probably has different rescource too. If you die in free roam, the situation is the same. Everything beside the things in secure container is lost.

• Upvote 1

TheSnikers

If you die in freeroam, you lose all your stuff and have to reconnect with new loot to freroam location again - but it may not be the same server. Also, you can always re-run a raid for new loot and maybe new quest items

• Upvote 1

Magor57

So there is no main zone, from where I acces the raids or the free roam, where I would meet tons of people? :(

TheSnikers

Nope. You go to raids from menu

Magor57

So after you complete the raids, basically the pregame missions, you can finally enter the free roam, which is the desired place to be to meet other players and make enemies and friends, right? 

TheSnikers
6 минут назад, Magor57 сказал:

So after you complete the raids, basically the pregame missions, you can finally enter the free roam, which is the desired place to be to meet other players and make enemies and friends, right? 

Uh. Yea. But you can make enemies n friends in raids. It is something like 12 player at one side - but I may be wrong and the true number is 6 or less. 

Skemba
2 minutes ago, TheSnikers said:

Uh. Yea. But you can make enemies n friends in raids. It is something like 12 player at one side - but I may be wrong and the true number is 6 or less. 

A far as I know, the FAQ said 12 PMC's while somewhere else I read you'll be able to go in a raid with 5 friends/clan mates max...

TheSnikers
Только что, Skemba сказал:

A far as I know, the FAQ said 12 PMC's while somewhere else I read you'll be able to go in a raid with 5 friends/clan mates max...

So yeah, there may be 12 players, 6 on 6. 

.Motorola.
2 hours ago, Magor57 said:

The RAIDS are mission based, every time you start a mission  you will get in instanced RAID scenarios of TARKOV map, either be it  the main storyline missions to escape from Tarkov city or contract missions given by NPC.

Edited by .Motorola.

ithompsoni

this free-roam you eventually unlock... is this going to be openworld survival pvp?  On a server with other people playing also? dayZ style.

• Upvote 1

Magor57

I really hope so. The only reason I want to buy this is to meet people like in Dayz

• Upvote 1

ithompsoni

me too, i hope we can meet other players in free-roam and kill them.... or make friends with them until they make me nervous, then kill them....  :ph34r::useriously:

i hope its not only in the raids that we can pvp and meet others

TheSnikers
2 часа назад, ithompsoni сказал:

this free-roam you eventually unlock... is this going to be openworld survival pvp?  On a server with other people playing also? dayZ style.

It is bigger map with no time limit and any mission

ithompsoni
Just now, TheSnikers said:

It is bigger map with no time limit and any mission

and other players? who we can interact with and kill or befriend?

TheSnikers
Только что, ithompsoni сказал:

and other players? who we can interact with and kill or befriend?

Sure. More players that in raid, to be precise

ithompsoni

I am now a happier man, see you in the alpha :uninja:

LestatWolf

Same here. 

It finally makes a sense to me...  thy guys...

In alpha then :)

Arngrim

The more the merrier, hope to see you guys in Alpha. :)

incus

From my understanding.  You have your stash (Main menu)

From you stash you will have 2 options to enter EFT.  Raid and Free mode.  (Perhaps both are auto join function or a server browser.  Most likely auto join for raid.)

Raid -  A raid is a 12 PMC segment of the over all map.  This consists of you entering Tarkov to complete a scenario.  (Story or Side Mission).  So basically it is a small server with a goal you must complete. (On a sectioned off area of the map) Each of these raids will cue and last maybe an hour - two.  You must complete the goal.  Then you will return to your stash.  (You die or complete the raid)  In the raid there is also NPC scavengers. You must contend with.  (Who might also be other players.  This has not been decided yet/Or how many can enter a raid.)

Free Mode -  This will unlock once you have completed all the main story raids.  (No idea how many story missions.  I'm hoping a lot.  Most likely will also be where a lot of DLC will come into play.)  You can then enter this at your own abandon and explore the entire map and gain some more loot.  These are 64 player servers.  Where you can join or leave at any time.  I do not think the loot will be as good as you gain from raids however.

• Upvote 2

Magor57
6 hours ago, incus said:

From my understanding.  You have your stash (Main menu)

From you stash you will have 2 options to enter EFT.  Raid and Free mode.  (Perhaps both are auto join function or a server browser.  Most likely auto join for raid.)

Raid -  A raid is a 12 PMC segment of the over all map.  This consists of you entering Tarkov to complete a scenario.  (Story or Side Mission).  So basically it is a small server with a goal you must complete. (On a sectioned off area of the map) Each of these raids will cue and last maybe an hour - two.  You must complete the goal.  Then you will return to your stash.  (You die or complete the raid)  In the raid there is also NPC scavengers. You must contend with.  (Who might also be other players.  This has not been decided yet/Or how many can enter a raid.)

Free Mode -  This will unlock once you have completed all the main story raids.  (No idea how many story missions.  I'm hoping a lot.  Most likely will also be where a lot of DLC will come into play.)  You can then enter this at your own abandon and explore the entire map and gain some more loot.  These are 64 player servers.  Where you can join or leave at any time.  I do not think the loot will be as good as you gain from raids however.

Hi, thank you, this is probably the most complex idea, of how the main menu raids and free roam will be connected, that I red. Not even devs gave me this much info, now let's hope it's really like that. 

I would really love the free roam to be for more players tho. From my point of view, the free roam is the ultimate goal, like a server in Dayz. I wanna play just the free roam, kill players and befriend other players

incus
7 hours ago, Magor57 said:

Hi, thank you, this is probably the most complex idea, of how the main menu raids and free roam will be connected, that I red. Not even devs gave me this much info, now let's hope it's really like that. 

I would really love the free roam to be for more players tho. From my point of view, the free roam is the ultimate goal, like a server in Dayz. I wanna play just the free roam, kill players and befriend other players

I dont think we need more than 64 players per free mode server.   The map is not as big as DayZ Standalone.  Though I hope that will change with expansions or DLC.

• Upvote 1

Magor57

Well I hope for a higher density of players than in Dayz as well, so, Yardů but thanx for the map comparison too ;-)

George Young

As much as I understood at the start of the game there will be the main story line this is the so called scenarios/raids. They are planning 10 scenarios and as I understood not all of them will be available at the launch they will eventually add them to the game later on.

In the scenarios/raids you got a given time to explore do side quests and eventually escape from the theritory alive. After you completed the given raid you can still go back for completing side missions and explore more area.

When the devs adds all the scenario to the game they will add the freeroam mode, which will include the whole city as explorable area without a timer. However I think it won't be available at launch. As I understood the FAQ and the interviews they planned the scenarios to be extramely difficult to complete all of them and it would deffinitly requires time, but considering the fact the freeroam mode won't be available upon relaise it doesn't even matter.

What I don't understand is that where you will be able to find the so called green zone where you can trade and meet other players and negotiate with vendors. My guess would be the freeroam mode, but what concers me is it wont be available upon relaise.
Also they mantioned that you can go back and do sidemissions work for vendors. This looks like again sg that would be done in freeroam mode. 

Eventually I am a little bit confused what we get at relaise and what we get after it and eventually how long it would take to implement those features.

From the interview of nim.ru:

" When all scenarios (we are going to do around ten of them) are released, we will open access to the Free-roam mode. In this mode, the player will be able to freely move around 15 sq. km. large area without any time restrictions. Also, we will introduce the Arena mode, which closely resembles gladiator fights. "

• Upvote 1

Europoor
53 minutes ago, George Young said:

As much as I understood at the start of the game there will be the main story line this is the so called scenarios/raids. They are planning 10 scenarios and as I understood not all of them will be available at the launch they will eventually add them to the game later on.

In the scenarios/raids you got a given time to explore do side quests and eventually escape from the theritory alive. After you completed the given raid you can still go back for completing side missions and explore more area.

When the devs adds all the scenario to the game they will add the freeroam mode, which will include the whole city as explorable area without a timer. However I think it won't be available at launch. As I understood the FAQ and the interviews they planned the scenarios to be extramely difficult to complete all of them and it would deffinitly requires time, but considering the fact the freeroam mode won't be available upon relaise it doesn't even matter.

What I don't understand is that where you will be able to find the so called green zone where you can trade and meet other players and negotiate with vendors. My guess would be the freeroam mode, but what concers me is it wont be available upon relaise.
Also they mantioned that you can go back and do sidemissions work for vendors. This looks like again sg that would be done in freeroam mode. 

Eventually I am a little bit confused what we get at relaise and what we get after it and eventually how long it would take to implement those features.

From the interview of nim.ru:

" When all scenarios (we are going to do around ten of them) are released, we will open access to the Free-roam mode. In this mode, the player will be able to freely move around 15 sq. km. large area without any time restrictions. Also, we will introduce the Arena mode, which closely resembles gladiator fights. "

Confirm me, but I think it looks somewhat like this

Névtelen.png

• Upvote 1