Blackb1rd

Creating a character in text forum RPG

Text forum RPG Escape from Tarkov. Creating a character.

Prior to starting the game process the player has to sign up in the forum and create a character. To create character the player has to make up his brief (or long) biography in accordance with the following scheme: character’s name, character’s description, his background, the story of his finding himself in Tarkov, his leanings, his friends, his wounds and fights, his ambitions, his the most noted conduct.

Then after placement of the character’s description you have to share 20 points for three key characteristics and choose the speciality like this:

• Strength (20 at the beginning)
  • Accuracy (20 at the beginning)
  • Endurance (20 at the beginning)

For example: Strength 20 + 10, Accuracy 20 + 4, Endurance 20 + 6. Moreover, in the beginning your experience is equal to 0, level is 1 and the player has 1 rank for choosing the speciality.

Characteristics

Strength. The strength factors into the weight you can carry, affects the health parameter and defines the potency in close quarters.

Endurance. The more enduring you are the more difficult it is to your enemies to kill, poison you or somehow damage your health. This characteristic also slightly affects the character’s ability to carry the burdens and have a meaningful effect on the health parameter.

Accuracy. It is used at estimating the possibility of striking the enemy when using any type of weapons except bladed weapon and in close quarters. The more accurate you are the higher your chances to damage the enemy.

Health. The higher this parameter the better for you. If you have enough health no the special ops units or hell hounds or ground point is a problem for you. So you get it, right? When your health is equal to zero your character “dies”.

Experience. The level of your proficiency. Upon getting the certain amount you reach the next level. More details about experience can be found below.

Level. There are 20 levels and the character starts the game at level 1. Getting the certain amount you reach the next level. Each new level gives you 15 more points to three key characteristics ( Strength, Endurance, Accuracy).

The player can get 100 points maximum for Strength, Endurance and Accuracy.

TRANSLATIONS

Pollish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Poland @TheWay
Portuguese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Brazil @dimittri4gc
French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of France @LePatrick
Turkish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Turkey @Dimitri468
Finnish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Finland @sp3edie
Spanish translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to Emissary of Spain @MrXavito 
Bulgarian translation of the news can be found here.Thanks to Emissary of Bulgaria @Shibby

create_eng.jpg

• Like 16
  • Hot 4
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 4

I Need to say i dont think we Need something like this. The obt is more importent then this. Greetings zatef

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 11
  • Upvote 1

4 минуты назад, zatef сказал:

I Need to say i dont think we Need something like this. The obt is more importent then this. Greetings zatef

The text RPG was created only with efforts of the Community Department with a little aid from the game writer, while the rest of Escape from Tarkov developers are still very busy developing the core game.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

vor 1 Minute schrieb Blackb1rd:

The text RPG was created only with efforts of the Community Department with a little aid from the game writer, while the rest of Escape from Tarkov developers are still very busy developing the core game.

oспасибо have a Nice Day:cannedmilk:

• Sad 1

vor 30 Minuten schrieb zatef:

Maybe you dont, many ppl are hyped about it, inc. me

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Can you hear them ? All the people coming to say that devs should focus on the core games, even if they already are since it' s not made by them ! GG BSG and co !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

its a shame people dont understand that this RPG was made by a department that had nothing to do with the development of the core game .
i myself think this is a great addition to the game and maybe even a fun way to be able to learn a bit more about the lore if they actualy put some lore behind the RPG  but either way its a fun little extra gimmic  we never asked for this BUT that makes  this even better and   shows the developers have initiative to do new and very unexpected things And take the initiative .

keep up the good work 

Edited by greekviking170
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

I'm very curious, but a little confused as well. Are we waiting for a rules document and game masters to step up and host a game? How will the games take place? A string of forum posts in a one-game thread? Are these details established already, or are you folks still working them out? This sounds very fun, would very much like to know more, or at least be told where I can find what I'm missing!

• Upvote 1

2 часа назад, TheNirl сказал:

I'm very curious, but a little confused as well. Are we waiting for a rules document and game masters to step up and host a game? How will the games take place? A string of forum posts in a one-game thread? Are these details established already, or are you folks still working them out? This sounds very fun, would very much like to know more, or at least be told where I can find what I'm missing!

How to play? It’s all easy. Well, not very complicated. You may write about your adventures, campaigns or anything else in The Game topic. In the course of the game there take place the casual events – players’ encounters with the enemies or finding the artifacts, meetings with other players and so on. In truth, it all can be restricted by the GM’s imagination and decisions made by the player only.

The players have to indicate their actions (and not the imaginative component) per 1 move in the special pattern of the game panel. This information is used by GM for estimating the actions made by the player and the occasions taking place in the course of the game.

The player starts his trip in the entrance point. Now there are two entrances. The other bounds perimeter of Tarkov is under strict control of the patrols with riflemen on armored carriers, roadblocks instructed to inflict fire damage and D-30 batteries that are ready to strike the point of the perimeter forcing.

It all takes the moves, or turns. Every player has one move to do some action. After you did your move (wasted one turn) and described all the details – wait patiently till GM estimates your actions and gives you the conclusion with the expected results. Then you can make a move again.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

"The players have to indicate their actions (and not the imaginative component) per 1 move in the special pattern that can be found in The Store sector of the game panel"

What game panel are we talking about here? An actual application for this particular game, or an extra menu in the EFT regular game?

"You may write about your adventures, campaigns or anything else in The Game topic."

So, this means that we can use a forum thread to, say, make a journal of our adventures, but the game itself will be an actual application, whether a separate program, or incorporated into EFT?

Who will be the GM's? Will there be some sort of game master guide or documentation? Or will the GM's instead be pre-selected by the good folks at BSG?

Terribly sorry for all the questions, but I'm really just trying to get a better feel for how this will play out.

I'm really excited for this little RPG , It's something special if your game is so good that the community (with some help from the developers) is willing to make a text RPG about your game in the forums.

Edited by Floppy_Moose

i dont see the problem with this text game....... there was prolly one dood at the office that kept asking everyone to play Dungeons & Dragons with him so everyone decided to give him something to take his mind of asking them to play.......lol

39 минут назад, TheNirl сказал:

What game panel are we talking about here? An actual application for this particular game, or an extra menu in the EFT regular game?

You'll get the text RPG game panel here on the forum soon. :)

8 минут назад, Zoraxon сказал:

As an avid RPG player, this has me excited! What is the ETA on this?

A few days, not more than a week.

41 минуту назад, TheNirl сказал:

Who will be the GM's? Will there be some sort of game master guide or documentation? Or will the GM's instead be pre-selected by the good folks at BSG?

Yes, there will be some sort of GM guides and documentation. We will select GMs from our Community - most talented people. :) But, of course, we will have specially selected GMs at the start of the text game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blackb1rd said:

Yes, there will be some sort of GM guides and documentation. We will select GMs from our Community - most talented people. :) But, of course, we will have specially selected GMs at the start of the text game.

Will there be a way to actually have a private game with friends or will we need to find a official GM to play ?

Either way this is gonna be so good !

1 hour ago, Blackb1rd said:

It all takes the moves, or turns. Every player has one move to do some action. After you did your move (wasted one turn) and described all the details – wait patiently till GM estimates your actions and gives you the conclusion with the expected results. Then you can make a move again.

Are there strict guidelines the GM needs to follow, or do they completely control encounters? Let's say you are shooting at 50m with a non-scoped 74n, and your carchter has 20 accuracy. Is there some equation that determines a hit (like AC and a D20 in d&d), or does the GM just give an estimate?

Edited by Mineace

What is a GM?

(I really like this idea btw, looks like a cool thing to do if you are not at home or you are away from a gaming PC)

(Or waiting for patches...)

5 minutes ago, alex8xela said:

What is a GM?

(I really like this idea btw, looks like a cool thing to do if you are not at home or you are away from a gaming PC)

(Or waiting for patches...)

GM is for 'game master'. Similar to D&D and other tabletop RPGs, the GM is the person who dictates what happens in the game, such as what is located in an area, what traders have on them, ect. I'm not sure exactly how this will translate into the game, but it seems to be an interesting choice.

I guess I misunderstand.... When OP says "sign up on the forum" do they mean that we just need to have a forum account, or there is somewhere on the forum where we sign up for the RPG?