Gilbz08

Performance Issues (pls advise/help)

Gilbz08

Hi guys,

i’ve Recently got Tarkov after checking if my PC specs would be good enough. Apparently my PC could handle high  so I bought it, i’m Now running the game on the lowest settings possible, I’m getting 80-90 FPS on factory, Woods is maybe around 40-50, customs a bit lower and shoreline unplayable. I only really play factory at the moment due to this as it stutters a lot on everything else. Anyone else have this issue? And anyone got a hot fix for this? My PC specs are below. It’s an average PC nothing special. Cheers

AMD piledriver FX-8300 Eight core  4.2ghz turbo cpu

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 4K HDMI DP graphics card

8gb  1600mhz DDR4 RAM 

windows 10 with 1tb hard drive 

any tips on how to improve would be appreciated! Also if someone could tell me if my PC is any good as I don’t know anything about hardware 

thanks

Kiarlv

It is mostly because of poor optimisation man. Only thing that i know that you need to upgrade would be RAM

Undecieved07

I have a 16Gb RAM PC and a 64 GB Ram PC.

With 16 Gb , I need to restart the game between matches to get rid of memory stutters.

Patroick67

I have what I would consider a higher end p.c and I still get poor frames on shoreline.  I thought there was something wrong with my 1080 ti with this game until I read all the optimization issues other people are having with this game.  On ultra settings I think I am only getting around 40fps at shoreline.  

I do agree with the other people you need more ram.  I have 16gb of lpx vengeance 3000mhz ram and it uses a large portion of it.  I think your ram is possibly creating a bottleneck for you. 

Patroick67
13 minutes ago, Gilbz08 said:

Also if someone could tell me if my PC is any good as I don’t know anything about hardware 

I'd say it is a mid end computer and should play most games that are out at the moment.  

AverageDude42

I went from 8 to 16GB of ram and it made a huge difference in my performance.

When I was playing with 8GB, and for my friends who have 8GB, I used this program https://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/ . You can set it to Trim working processes when usage exceeds 80%, this will create a small stutter during the process BUT will help mitigate some of the bottleneck you are encountering.

That's pretty much all you can do other than get 16GB. Hope that helps

Gilbz08

Hi guys thanks for the replies! I’ll have a look at getting another 8 gig of ram. Can I just buy another 8 gig and slot it in or would I have to buy a whole new 16 gig? Sos for being thick!

ADMI GTX 1060 GAMING PC: High-End Gaming Desktop Computer: AMD Piledriver FX-8300 8 Core 4.2GHz Turbo CPU / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 4K Graphics Card / 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM / 1TB Hard Drive / 500W PSU Bronze Rated / HD Audio / USB 3.0 / HDMI/4K Ultra HD Support / Game Max Titan Blue LED Gaming Case / DVDRW 24x / Pre-Installed with Windows 10 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPGADCK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_jB0AAbAF0G4KR

Thats my PC.

Edited by Gilbz08

Patroick67

Yes you should be able to add another 8gb, I would recommending trying to find another stick of the ram that you have to install into the system.  Also I imagine the system would but you will also want to check to see if it has available ram slots.  I would probably check ebay as ddr3 is still kind of expensive new.  

Electric_Tiger

Click off the box settings like chromatic, noise, yada yada. Shadows don't need to be on the highest setting, either. This should get you a few more frames.

Angrybiker
6 hours ago, Gilbz08 said:

Hi guys thanks for the replies! I’ll have a look at getting another 8 gig of ram. Can I just buy another 8 gig and slot it in or would I have to buy a whole new 16 gig? Sos for being thick!

ADMI GTX 1060 GAMING PC: High-End Gaming Desktop Computer: AMD Piledriver FX-8300 8 Core 4.2GHz Turbo CPU / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5 4K Graphics Card / 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM / 1TB Hard Drive / 500W PSU Bronze Rated / HD Audio / USB 3.0 / HDMI/4K Ultra HD Support / Game Max Titan Blue LED Gaming Case / DVDRW 24x / Pre-Installed with Windows 10 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPGADCK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_jB0AAbAF0G4KR

Thats my PC.

Check your motherboard, it's the one item you don't tell us what make/model it is(although it show a gigabyte board I don't trust stock pics).

You want to buy the same ram you have in your system already, unless it's cheaper to buy 16gb of another make, just check that it is compatible with your motherboard.

If you're unsure how to find out this information feel free to message me and I'll talk you through how to find the motherboard and Ram information you need from your system.

Edited by Angrybiker

Gilbz08
1 hour ago, Angrybiker said:

Check your motherboard, it's the one item you don't tell us what make/model it is(although it show a gigabyte board I don't trust stock pics).

You want to buy the same ram you have in your system already, unless it's cheaper to buy 16gb of another make, just check that it is compatible with your motherboard.

If you're unsure how to find out this information feel free to message me and I'll talk you through how to find the motherboard and Ram information you need from your system.

Thanks mate, yes im unsure of that! Ill check on Sunday when home. Ill send you a message if I struggle finding it! 

Thanks everyone else!

Statik_24

Not really sure if this is game performance but my game is running really slow. Would this be a PC or a server issues

Sovietducks

so after the twitch drops events and the patches after that week.

My game went from 90 fps on all maps, fast load in , good high textures and good overall great game play too this poo all running crap around a field. i cant even load factory with 2 fps with out a crash. i clocked over a 100 hours after the wipe and it was heaven, i couldn't blame the hardware or game for my deaths, it was great but now this game couldnt pull it's self down a hill on a skateboard !!!

My pc can hack most game and run stuff on high - without me wanting to take a gun to it.  MY game worked sooooo welll !!! what happened over the space of a week for it to run like hell !!! i want my loot man, i was good, i was living the dream but now i cant even open a map the size of my left toe !!!

crashing, cant load , 4 fps , no sound , loooooooong load ins to factory,  stuttering like its watching Japaneses kartoons in the 90s and just a real crap kinda of poo.  

ive tried everything, drivers re-downloading, ssd wipes , massive optimising and now the only thing left is a factory reset, so im gonna try this ( ive never needed this kind of hand on fix for a game out side of arma 2 roll play city life  ) but im bloody doubtful .