NJKush

Hacker? Glitch? Video included? 10 Shots 10 DMG

2 minutes ago, NJKush said:

Well Idc what armor your wearing, 10 shots in the head? It's a 7.62 round. 

Doesn't matter if you care or not lol

If you pen you do damage if you don't then you don't do damage im sure you can understand the logic...

Doesn't matter if I care? It's a beta, obviously it should do more damage than 1 dmg per bullet. What do you mean if I "pen" I do domage and if I don't I don't. What's pen?

Just now, NJKush said:

Oh okay, thanks dude, Idk why dudes gotta be so rude. 

I am always going into raid with kiver helmet , sometimes ppl shoot me like 10 bullets 5.56 or ... 7.62 and nothing but nearly ruined helmet , because the bullets are for hunting have low penetration but high stopping power, so a few shots to legs or arms would be better.

And sometimes am getting killed in 2-3 or well even 1.

18 minutes ago, NJKush said:

Well Idc what armor your wearing, 10 shots in the head? It's a 7.62 round. 

You know not all 7.62 rounds are the same right? It’s still a pistol cartridge lmfao.

@bran2011 Why do you have to be so rude? I don't care what kind of helmet you're wearing or what kind of round you're being hit with, that dude should have been dead. Until stuff like this is changed, I will laugh when people call this game realistic.

16 minutes ago, monty67t said:

@bran2011 Why do you have to be so rude? I don't care what kind of helmet you're wearing or what kind of round you're being hit with, that dude should have been dead. Until stuff like this is changed, I will laugh when people call this game realistic.

Lol do you not understand how armor works? Either in game or real life?

4 minutes ago, bran2011 said:

For those still struggling to understand.

https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/7.62×25mm_Tokarev

look at the level two armor damage.

That's about what you should expect from it. Don't expect it to pen a class 3 helmet like the kiver. It's just not feasible. Now class 2 armor on the other hand.. I kinda see what you are getting at. It's a hot cartridge so it should do more. But not class 3 more 

11 minutes ago, Eragon284th said:

That's about what you should expect from it. Don't expect it to pen a class 3 helmet like the kiver. It's just not feasible. Now class 2 armor on the other hand.. I kinda see what you are getting at. It's a hot cartridge so it should do more. But not class 3 more 

You are right it should do more damage to basic Kevlar helmets like the kiver. At current they give handgun cartridges a little too little credit with armor piercing bullets. But part of that problem is that only the shrimp currently has a real AP cartridge, 9mm luger and 9mm mak both only have steel core bullets, but they are likely mild steel core ball rounds. At least by the description in game thats what it would lead you to believe.

However unless they somehow model multiple hits to the same area and the damage and armor fatigue that would cause and its effect on penetration they can only fix it so much, because the reality is that kevlar is very susceptible to multiple impacts in the same impact area weakening the armor to the point pretty much any handgun cartridge would pen.

Edited by bran2011

17 minutes ago, bran2011 said:

Lol do you not understand how armor works? Either in game or real life?

I understand how armor works in the game and it is nothing like how armor works in real life.

16 minutes ago, monty67t said:

I understand how armor works in the game and it is nothing like how armor works in real life.

You clearly dont understand both videos you linked are not the same armor, one is soft Kevlar and the other is not kevlar at all its UHMWPE.

Also more to the point of the OP and the hackusations. Learn the game and its ballistics before throwing hackusations and you would readily see that the TT is all but useless for penetrating armor of any kind in game currently.

Edited by bran2011
response more directly to OP.

Ammo choice matters, and even after TT was nerfed a bit LRNPC ammo seems only decent choice really, especially against armor like paca/fort/kiver