can I use 2 alpha at once

Demented_Lemur

Demented_Lemur

Hi so I was wondering, If I get A second alpha crate can i put it in my inventory and use it to secure more items and if so what happens to to the crates if I die

nachtmaere

Do you mean alpha container?

In which event, the alpha container takes up as much space as it can store, as far as i'm aware, as such you're not saving space by using a second?

Demented_Lemur

yeah聽 what i mean is does it save your items because you need a backpack to do it but you would lose the backpack so what happens to the container does it just automatically go to storage or what

nachtmaere

If you were to take an alpha container in your backpack, as opposed to using it as a pouch, and you died and lost the backpack, it is my understanding that you would also lose that alpha container.

But there is absolutely no advantage to taking an alpha container *inside* a backpack, you have the same amount of storage slots regardless of weather you have that additional alpha container *inside* your backpack or not.

Your_Moms_Gyno

Per @nachtmaere the containers are only secure if they are placed in your container slot. The alpha doesn't give any bonus to cells (internal vs external) so there's no point carrying more than 1.

Once you grind your way up to lvl 4 traders, somebody (Peacekeeper?) sells a gamma-equivalent container. You'll need to grind skier rep for this too.

nachtmaere
1 minute ago, qS_Sachiel said:

@nachtmaere the containers are only secure if they are placed in your container pouch slot.

(For some reason it's called the 'pouch' slot ;3)

I thought so yeah, it would be a little silly if you could just buy a whole bunch of secure containers and fill like a tri-zip with 'em xD

• Like 1
Demented_Lemur
3 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

I thought so yeah, it would be a little silly if you could just buy a whole bunch of secure containers and fill like a tri-zip with 'em xD

true yeah i Guess that would Be pretty Dumb :)

Your_Moms_Gyno
4 minutes ago, nachtmaere said:

Yeah wouldn't be quite right, right? :P.

But note that certain (base-level common) items do have a cell/space advantage on internal/external. AVS, blackrock and the real stringy tan one are all 3x3 rigs with a +1 slot internal. You get a free slot on those rigs if you use them as storage. Just don't hold all your gold chains and HDDs in the blackrocks when you go to trade for AKN's at prapor like a friend did the other day (150k+ AKN and prapor has vodka for the whole winter). NB: advantage is only relevant when in storage, not on person.

But now i'm OT...

Only 1 pouch at a time, only works if in your pouch slot.

Edited by qS_Sachiel