Is this what a VSS/AS VAL death is suppossed to look like?

ethanm5000

That's how my friend died yesterday, he just dropped dead after he got shot by something silent-semi automatic. There were no muffles or anything, so I would assume so?

Edited by JustKooKoo
Your_Moms_Gyno

I suspect that's either a glitched player (possible bug) or a glitched AI scav (definite bug).

There are reports of players making no sounds, but I can confirm that certain AI will fire on you with zero sound. No footsteps, nothing. They are Kurdaitcha man with feathers on their feet.

You were near old gas station, but there's not many Scavs around there, unless back towards the Gantry area, so somewhat suspicious of player, but difficult to say without any context from previous footage.

NB: all suppressed weapons should make a sound (eg firing pin moving) when firing. I can't confirm how range to target affects it however - also don't think that sonic delay is modelled currently either (sound arriving post-impact).

Edited by qS_Sachiel
Psycho8Vegemite

Glitched sound no doubt, an AS-VAL or VSS makes no cracks or bangs (at distance) but you can still hear the impacts and wizzes of the bullets.

Edited by Psycho8Vegemite
  • Like 1
Your_Moms_Gyno

Could also have been desync death from a previous encounter or some other anomaly. I was exiting the construction area in customs before they updated the expanded area and was exiting near the farthest gap towards boiler extract. I just brushed the little strand of barbed wire that hung from the damaged wall and suddenly my entire body went red and both my legs went black (with no sound of gunfire but just the jingle jingle of wire). There are scavs which spawn in the bus depot as well as in construction and i was pretty perplexed but yeah - many AIscavs have a bad habit of going Predator.

You had no chance here by the looks of it, but if you start taking silent damage, assume it's AIscav and just GTFO that area quick as they'll just keep laying into you.

Edited by qS_Sachiel

I'm pretty sure that either A it was cheats since there hacks that can do that or B the no sound bug, when you/he died did you check the logs and see how many hits you took, if you took 0 then you know it was a cheater

You got killed really fast like a one-shot kill. But since the shot was registered in the chest, I believe that your death is mainly due to massive desync or a bug or cheating (but I doubt it's the case, here).

This is one of the reasons I've shelved EFT and gone back to PUBG. Random silent deaths out of nowhere, frozen SCAVs killing you, death from cheating players, silent AI SCAVs destroying you. It's all happened to me in the last week. Just not worth the time and effort in its current state. 

I'll check back into EFT when they do the next wipe so I'm not having to deal with the world's buggiest game and being surrounded by decked out super soldier players. Hopefully they've made some headway on these bugs by then. 

Edited by Zybane
3 hours ago, Zybane said:

This is one of the reasons I've shelved EFT and gone back to PUBG. Random silent deaths out of nowhere, frozen SCAVs killing you, death from cheating players, silent AI SCAVs destroying you. It's all happened to me in the last week. Just not worth the time and effort in its current state. 

I'll check back into EFT when they do the next wipe so I'm not having to deal with the world's buggiest game and being surrounded by decked out super soldier players. Hopefully they've made some headway on these bugs by then

It's why they call it a alpha. 

Edited by Jihx

Eeveryone who plays this game in squads have probably experienced this. Sometimes you cannot see your teammate's weapon and he has to switch to knife and back so you can see him carrying a firegun. If he doesnt do it, he can basically silently shoot all game long while only him will hear the shots. All other Players will only hear the swing sound of his hatchet.

Edited by neur0tix
16 hours ago, khaotic said:

I'm pretty sure that either A it was cheats since there hacks that can do that or B the no sound bug, when you/he died did you check the logs and see how many hits you took, if you took 0 then you know it was a cheater

How exactly do I check the logs?

Your_Moms_Gyno

Post-death or Post-extract you get a debrief. 

I'm not sure if there is an itemised list of damage taken / given but there is an aggregate (so if nothing else shot you...).

3 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

Call it what you want, you're not technically experiencing a beta.

Well this is very disputable. You are right but also wrong. There is too many terms nowdays how to call the stages of the game release and every Dev can do it differently by their own priorities. Officialy, in the Alpha stage of the game you should be seeing many new features added while in Beta you would be testing them and polishing them rather than getting more new stuff to deal with. In Tarkov, I've not seen many new features and new content introduced during Alpha testing, but in Beta, we are dealing with those quite often. New locations, items, mechanics, even servers and more. So yeah, you are basically right that this should still stay in Alpha with what we see in patch notes, but its not up to me or you or anyone else than Devs how do we call it or in what stage we moving the game.

• Like 1
Your_Moms_Gyno
3 minutes ago, neur0tix said:

Well this is very disputable. You are right but also wrong. There is too many terms nowdays how to call the stages of the game release and every Dev can do it differently by their own priorities. Officialy, in the Alpha stage of the game you should be seeing many new features added while in Beta you would be testing them and polishing them rather than getting more new stuff to deal with. In Tarkov, I've not seen many new features and new content introduced during Alpha testing, but in Beta, we are dealing with those quite often. New locations, items, mechanics, even servers and more. So yeah, you are basically right that this should still stay in Alpha with what we see in patch notes, but its not up to me or you or anyone else than Devs how do we call it or in what stage we moving the game.

Basically this.

They could well have extensive in-house testing and they're just playing it close to their chest. But from what tangible evidence i have...

edit: who cares really as long as it keeps pushing towards complete :)

Edited by qS_Sachiel
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, qS_Sachiel said:

Basically this.

They could well have extensive in-house testing and they're just playing it close to their chest. But from what tangible evidence i have...

edit: who cares really as long as it keeps pushing towards complete :)

Well, money...

business after all

Alphas are usually invitational while Beta you can preorder and play right away...

P.s: Except this Steam idea of "Early Access" (Whole different story)

Edited by neur0tix
  • Like 1

you forgot limited edition xD

well, im not playing EFT so hard as I did, bored with invisible silent bot, get killed 3-4 times by them...

I saw a bugged floating bot too, invulnerable and firing with makarov, no sound only damage...

20 hours ago, Pogny said:

you forgot limited edition xD

well, im not playing EFT so hard as I did, bored with invisible silent bot, get killed 3-4 times by them...

I saw a bugged floating bot too, invulnerable and firing with makarov, no sound only damage...

IDK, It's an issue that occurs every now and then, but I honestly enjoy this game so much that it's going to take a lot to impede my enjoyment. At the end of the day, it's just one raid.