BloodSpilla

Tweak for painkillers and morphine

BloodSpilla

I would like to see a little tweak to the way painkillers work. 

I think they should change the painkillers to remove only half of the debuff you get from loosing a limb or an arm goes black. 

Then morphine injectors should be a longer lasting painkiller but reduce the de debuff by just a bit more (75%?) 

Then add a new adrenalin injector that would remove the entire debuff (and maybe give you a boost?) but like reality would be shorter lasting. 

That way you would be punished a bit harder for loosing limbs and not just pop a painkiller for full movement again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

alekskool3

I like it, morphine has little to almost no use. If this system you suggested was implemented, far more people would bring in morphine, instead of painkillers.

buger430

That sounds great. It was bugging me that someone could run on a broken leg with just popping some pills. 

Maki_Nishikino

Doesn't morphine last longer? Unlike painkillers it can remove contusion. I agree adding epinephrine would be cool (just don't use it when bleeding). :S

Edited by Maki3006
  • Upvote 1

alekskool3
35 minutes ago, buger430 said:

That sounds great. It was bugging me that someone could run on a broken leg with just popping some pills. 

Especially since the painkillers are the equivalent to tylenol.

• Upvote 1

rein001

morphine takes quicker to consume and dosent have any sight effects so morphine is way more op than painkillers already

kingbudha

I think if anything painkillers should be nerfed a bit, I dont get how they are almost identical to a morphine shot

Fezyx
19 hours ago, kingbudha said:

I think if anything painkillers should be nerfed a bit, I dont get how they are almost identical to a morphine shot

yea i think 50% of morphine or at least time what the effect lasting

seba4025

Morphine needs some better bonuses compared to Pain Killers.

Redundant

have painkillers remove pain but only give you 50% speed back from blackened leg and perhaps 30% speed from both legs blackened, only way to get full speed back would be to inject a morphine but keep the 2x timers compared to painkillers. also, for good measure, if morphine is used while bleeding or shot, the bloodloss can not be stopped (or on a timer say 6-10 minutes) but is also a steady 0.5x from normal bleed.

Edited by Redundant

Jlesaistu

agree painkilled should not have 100% effiency on mobility....

and also, IMO, they should have some short of activation delay before they take effect even if only like 30 second...so they cannot just be used up as instant run away and get out of jail card.

Redundant

could also give morphine alternative uses like getting the full effect by standing still and taking them, or 50-75% effect while taking them on the move. cuz slopy injection! ;) Morphine should also give you hyper alertness, perhaps by boosting sounds and light slightly but also give you a negative effect after it wears off, as light sensitivity, shaky hands, ringing in the ears,  nausea or blurred vision.

TalRasha

Thats an interesting idea. I agree that morphine is not used so much compared to painkillers. for example:

Nothing - you limp,

Painkillers - 4 minutes, you cant run, you can walk normaly

Morpthine - 4 minutes, you can even run

Adrenalin - 6 minutes, you can run + 20% speed boost

* price suggestions: 2860, 6660, 10000

Not sure about the realizm of it, but it would help the gameplay.

I am not sure How I would apply this to hands yet, but I guess legs are important here ...

Edited by TalRasha
Prices suggestion

cribbit
8 hours ago, TalRasha said:

Thats an interesting idea. I agree that morphine is not used so much compared to painkillers. for example:

Nothing - you limp,

Painkillers - 4 minutes, you cant run, you can walk normaly

Morpthine - 4 minutes, you can even run

Adrenalin - 6 minutes, you can run + 20% speed boost

* price suggestions: 2860, 6660, 10000

Not sure about the realizm of it, but it would help the gameplay.

I am not sure How I would apply this to hands yet, but I guess legs are important here ...

I liked OP's idea better. Painkillers 50% speed cap, 4 minutes. Morphine 75% speed cap, 8 minutes. Adrenaline - no speed cap, 2 minutes, perhaps also no stamina loss / faster move speed if legs not blacked. 

Also I think jumping, sprinting with a blacked leg should take damage or make painkillers/morphine wear off faster. 

GhostZ69

All some great ideas here.  Also, take into consideration the entire medical animations revamp they are bringing in on top of this.  The Painkiller/IFAK spam will come to an end as soon as the Medical Animations are added.  These ideas should stack nicely right on top of that!

Alkite
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:57 AM, BloodSpilla said:

I would like to see a little tweak to the way painkillers work. 

I think they should change the painkillers to remove only half of the debuff you get from loosing a limb or an arm goes black. 

Then morphine injectors should be a longer lasting painkiller but reduce the de debuff by just a bit more (75%?) 

Then add a new adrenalin injector that would remove the entire debuff (and maybe give you a boost?) but like reality would be shorter lasting. 

That way you would be punished a bit harder for loosing limbs and not just pop a painkiller for full movement again. 

speaking of adrenaline there needs to be a delay before movement/pain debuffs take effect. It's pretty stupid when your leg gets blacked instantly and you get stuck in place waiting to die before you take painkillers. You should get a burst of adrenaline when you get shot/shot at that temporarily increases movement speed and makes you indifferent to pain