RACWAR

Constanly attacked by friendly Scavs

RACWAR

90% of the time when I play as a Scav I get attacked by other Scav players, and honestly, it's just so annoying and lame, it totally takes the fun out of playing as a Scav. Like we're on the same team, and I get that some people may kill friendly Scavs by accident because they panic or can't distinguish, but most of the time I just get shot on purpose and it's just boring as hell. And you not only take away the fun of other people, but you also make yourself get attacked by AI Scavs, what's the point?

Edited by RAC-W

VladimirPoutine

If ai scavs don't see him shoot you they won't attack him.  Mho, if you have anything decent on you kill them before they kill you.  Wiggle works most of the time. 

Jrider728
4 hours ago, VladimirPoutine said:

If ai scavs don't see him shoot you they won't attack him.  Mho, if you have anything decent on you kill them before they kill you.  Wiggle works most of the time. 

actually if you kill any scav, even if others dont see, the scavs will attack you, unless you kill another player scav that has been killing other scavs.

5 hours ago, RAC-W said:

90% of the time when I play as a Scav I get attacked by other Scav players, and honestly, it's just so annoying and lame, it totally takes the fun out of playing as a Scav. Like we're on the same team, and I get that some people may kill friendly Scavs by accident because they panic or can't distinguish, but most of the time I just get shot on purpose and it's just boring as hell. And you not only take away the fun of other people, but you also make yourself get attacked by AI Scavs, what's the point?

it really is, especially killing you just for the crappy toz you have, and its really fun when you team up with other player scavs and kill pmc's

• Upvote 1

VladThePad

If they attack you, they're not friendly.

• Upvote 2

ynnus86
vor 16 Stunden schrieb Jrider728:

actually if you kill any scav, even if others dont see, the scavs will attack you, unless you kill another player scav that has been killing other scavs.

No, not "unless". If you shoot at a scav, no matter if player or ai - or he shoot first - all other ai scavs become hostile and will shoot at you. So self defense against hostile player scavs is not recognized by scavs right now. (was suggested several times though).

greekviking170
5 minutes ago, ynnus86 said:

No, not "unless". If you shoot at a scav, no matter if player or ai - or he shoot first - all other ai scavs become hostile and will shoot at you. So self defense against hostile player scavs is not recognized by scavs right now. (was suggested several times though).

Its not that the devs dont want it in the game the suggestion is good but u gotta keep in mind it might not be easy for them tp put that kinda stuff in the game . 

du3k

its annoying i feel ya man, just gotta kill them and try to stay away from scav buddies

• Like 1

Veron8201

It really annoys me as well its the reason i stopped playing as a scav

yeah i dont play scav anymore because of this, most poeple will just kill on sight.

sightseeer
On 29/01/2018 at 2:22 PM, RAC-W said:

I think I did read somewhere that the devs will implement some kind of negative effect if you kill players of the same faction.

moomao

I surround myself with NPCs as soon as I can to try and get player scavs off my back, knowing they'll get shot at immediately in reprisal. Sucks I have to do that for now. :/ But it's just apart of the freedom of the game right now, really.

djrtykow

As annoying as it is, according to most players 'that is how the game works'. I don't believe they plan on adding a karma system to the player scavs but they should. You can still just murder other player scavs before they even fully spawn in. 

DasFaultier

Non the less if I get shot by a player SCAV and I defend myself, the other SCAV's should not be aggro towards me

Jrider728
7 hours ago, ynnus86 said:

yes i know, i said if you kill a scav that has already killed another scav, not if youre just defending yourself

PhoenixEvo

Not really any good reason to play Scav, i have like 800 Raids this wipe and i have only played Scav like 3 times or so. It really is pointless. You gain 0 XP or skills, And if you die you loose all that stuff, whereas if you had your secure container even a hatchling can get a gun or a helmet or something out of it and level his skills. Plus hatchet a scav and get all that junk anyway?

Phatbmx

Watch scav movement, player scavs move differently. Only break cover when you have an edge. Tarkov is a brutal place.

Lokiliam

stay near IA Scav and act like one, they might protect you if one Scav Player shoots you

Gggy

You can stick to AI and see if there is strength in numbers. Or deviate away from all scav areas and solely target the players.

But if all else fails, scav on scav violence... if you can't beat 'em you have to join them.

Xcake

I really hope eventually we get some kind of an punishment for doing scav on scav violence as right now you just can't trust the other scavs as you never know if a player scav just comes a tries to jump you

7ension

Whats worse are AI scavs which shoot you for no reason. I had a Pilgrim, decked out AK from a player i killed. I walked towards a SCAV and was not fine with me looking at him and one shot me into the head with his saiga. This is insanely annoying.

Abulimicsumo

Read the skav description while loading, it says they are cutthroat and will turn on each other for a bigger piece of the pie.

Skavs are just desperate citizens trying to survive. 

Tropsmoo

what doesn't make sense is if your in a group,  a player scav starts taking out the guys and you take him out, the other scavs blast you... a nice your welcome for saving them you know. 

mabarian

I dont think it would be very difficult to implement that kind of logic. The moment a scav player shoots another scav,  that player gets a flag so everybody attack him. Killing or shooting players with that flag should be like killing or shooting pmcs. 

Cevune
On 1/30/2018 at 3:44 AM, greekviking170 said:

Its not that the devs dont want it in the game the suggestion is good but u gotta keep in mind it might not be easy for them tp put that kinda stuff in the game . 

It seems fairly easy in concept. IIRC EFT is developed in Unity, and Unity has a fairly simple GameObject that could be added to players to account for this. Essentially they need to add a Trigger cube around the player, out to a certain range (maybe a meter and a half? idk that would be fine tuning what's considered danger close in regards to gunshots) probably named something like ContactZone or something along those lines.

When another Scav fires their weapon, you could raytrace from the muzzle or otherwise extend the same function used to detect hits and provide bullet cracks to the player to determine if the shot intersected with the player's ContactZone trigger. onTriggerEnter would pass the playerID of the shooter to the player whose ContactZone trigger was activated, and would add the playerID of the shooter to a whitelist for the session.

Players on the whitelist are OK to counter attack, and would simply not flag the defender for AI scav response. Note of course that accidents happen, so the onTriggerEnter function would only whitelist a counterattack, it wouldn't necessarily trigger AI hostility the same as a direct hit would.

Overall it seems pretty simple. Dunno what the performance cost of a single non-rendering GameObject per player would be.... but it probably can't be that bad since every weapon and attachment in the game seems to be an actual rendering GameObject