Honest Question about Hatchlings

Honestly I'm curious why so many people in this community and the Reddit community are so toxic towards hatchet runners.... 

Now i know someone is going to come in and proclaim because they break realism... That is fine, I understand that but people need a way to make $$$. 
Few things
- Kolpak and 3m (Tarbank) makes you almost invincible to a melee player so they arent a threat unless they find a weapon. 
- They cannot defend themselves against scavs or players so they need to either be sneaky or get in and out. 
- They rush loot spawns because they know the above. But gear players could rush the same loot spawns and get there quick enough to make a hatchling dead before they could loot...
- The worst damage they can do is 4-9 slots of loot. (1-6 if they have a doc case and a key bar)... But but but bitcoins, rollers,and g.chains.... Yea yea i know but even then they are using their only advantage speed. (quest items dont count, since most of them need to be extracted and death removed them from your inventory, so going naked is a risk)
- No risk, high reward.... Sure but if they want to make any money at all they need a backpack, which is more risk... and once again they must get to the loot first and with enough time to loot, for them to capitalize on the 1 slot loot items. Real low risk is fort, fast, m4(with drum mag) 4-5 man squad, knowing that your basically a moving tank and can kill anyone you see, and if you die your squad will ditch your gear for you....
- Geared players don't want to move fast and rush area's like hatchlings... but they want all the loot to still be there when they finally arrive after slow walking the whole way... (completely unrealistic expectations) 

So tell me why, in your own words, that you despise hatchet runners and why you think they should be prevented at all cost. Also explain your solution to how players with low $$$ or who just lost all their gear can climb back up the gear ladder efficiently without relying on hatchet running, and 'GIT GEWD' isnt an acceptable answer its just trolling.

Basically if there isnt a mechanic that allows someone to recover from a streak of bad luck Tarkov will become a game where once your out of money you are forced to only play once every 30 minutes as a scav...

Edited by BobbehYYC
  • Like 2
  • Hot 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BobbehYYC

• Zybane

• petrusvirens

• 5erb

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate hatchling runners and refuse to ever do it because the game is broken and almost forces you to do it. I don't play FPS games to run around and take advantage of de-sync, lag and bugs to hatchet

Honestly I'm curious why so many people in this community and the Reddit community are so toxic towards hatchet runners....  Now i know someone is going to come in and proclaim because they break r

Just to quote that for prosperity. I knew there was going to be people that somehow expect everyone entering a raid should be geared *Full stop* and if they are not they should be forced to play a sca

Posted Images

I hate hatchling runners and refuse to ever do it because the game is broken and almost forces you to do it. I don't play FPS games to run around and take advantage of de-sync, lag and bugs to hatchet people and put things in a magic container. Most stupid mechanic ever allowed in a game. 

Edited by Zybane
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Upvote 1

Helpful Zybane... totally gave us all an idea of solutions and systems that could help alleviate the problem.... Naw lets just moan and whine.... #helpful 

Also if you push corners in any FPS you are taking advantage of server side communication because you will have an advantage on someone staring at that corner... how ever brief it is you will see them first. Also people don't run hatchets to take advantage of desync/lag/bad network communication that is just ridiculous....

Edited by BobbehYYC
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

EZ, the head, chest and primary weapon slot need to have something in them to spawn in game as PMC. NO reason to ever go into a game naked. SCAV runs should always take precedence over being a hatchling. 

Chest and head? I've frequently gone in to a raid with a Vepr, the short mags and bullets in my pockets because I have no cash left to buy a helmet and armor. On average 2 or 3 scavs later I have at least some basics and im good for the rest of the raid. 

I think removing the ability to add things to the secure container once in the raid would help a lot. It would allow you to protect your keys and other important things, and stop it being used as a magic box (as per above). Hatchet runs would be less desirable because you would need to make it out to keep your stuff. 

While we are on the subject, I would also love to see the ability to do scav runs a little more frequently, but this could be countered by not being allowed to keep all of the scavs stuff at the end of the raid. The pore guy still needs to survive in the world once hes made it back to you, so you shouldn't automatically get all the stuff. Maybe he should randomly keep a gun for himself as well as that kiver he has on.. 

Because this game and getting loot is alredy way to easy, running around with a hatchet ruins my experience, i did all the quests geared, i dont go out without paca, kiver, ak, m4, i dont play scav at all, i know you all ask not to tell you "get good" but sometimes thats the only problem, Because if i can, with my full time job, wife and kid to have this amount of in game money and loot just by acctualy playing the game as it supossed to be played why you cant? To get to the point why there should not be hatchet runs in game, because on the map with 10 players me and one other guy spawns with gear, rest of you 8 spawns with hatchets, i got bored, i play singleplayer killing scavs and if i get lucky i find the other geared guy, thats why we dont need hatchet runners, people want someone to fight with in this game! Edit: I play solo only

2018-01-30[00-47] (0).png

Edited by 5erb
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5erb I totally agree. There is no upside to letting the hatchling plague continue. BTW, how much do you play this game? I think the problem is taking it slow, largely just being a scavenger, killing mostly NPC SCAVs to make it out of the raid and make money isn't hard. It's BORING. Anyone can throw a bunch of time into this game and make money and get gear. The game isn't as hard as a lot of people make it out to be. 

I play alone, 4-5 hours a day, and my loot and money comes in 70% from killing other players, thats is tbh the only reason i play the game, for pvp. I play differently everyday, depends on situation and how i feel at the moment, slowly sometimes, fast other time, but mainly looking for a fight, thats why i want more players to be geared, getting shoot is one of the better things in this game

eikotehmouse

I play hatchet because I know that even if I go in fully geared. And I get a drop on somebody else fully geared. They are going to tanked half a mag of ps ammo to the face. And just slap their hot key while spraying their 60 round ak/m4 mag. Or The ranging is so screwed up that I can't seem to hit a lagger from less then 100m away..So I just play factory,,,

• Upvote 1

I play hatchet because what is the point to take gear especialy on shoreLAGline?

I rush gun spawns or scavs spawns - 1-2 mins after respawn im geared for free.

No time wasted for this shopLAGinventory, no cash wasted just pure profit.

From time to time hatchet runs are more fun for me then normal pew pew mode...

Hatchet runs are like i don't care about:

optimization, netcode, all bugs

To be clear here i hate hatchet meta,  game is to easy at this stage.

• Sad 1
spectre121
vor 9 Stunden schrieb xmode:

Chest and head? I've frequently gone in to a raid with a Vepr, the short mags and bullets in my pockets because I have no cash left to buy a helmet and armor. On average 2 or 3 scavs later I have at least some basics and im good for the rest of the raid. 

I think removing the ability to add things to the secure container once in the raid would help a lot. It would allow you to protect your keys and other important things, and stop it being used as a magic box (as per above). Hatchet runs would be less desirable because you would need to make it out to keep your stuff. 

While we are on the subject, I would also love to see the ability to do scav runs a little more frequently, but this could be countered by not being allowed to keep all of the scavs stuff at the end of the raid. The pore guy still needs to survive in the world once hes made it back to you, so you shouldn't automatically get all the stuff. Maybe he should randomly keep a gun for himself as well as that kiver he has on.. 

I think my Hatched runs would be still pretty good. You can first target some SCAVS + take theire weapons and then target the other players. It works pretty good and you make a lot of money + youre not freaking out other player by killing them with the hatched, instead you freak them out with shotguns :D

Overall I dont see hatchlings as a big problem. Buy Helmet Tier 1 and some Kevlar and dont let them come close to you. Dont loot if you hear steps or somebody running (You will hear them running and think they not close and next thing they hs you with the hatched. Watch out). I did got killed a few times when I started to play. But to be honest, it was my own stupidity.

The problem with hatchlings I see is the Lootspawn farming. If you want to get the factory key, then I think there is no other way to go as hatchling and just run to the spawn. I needed around 15h to farm this key even with that method (maybe I am unlucky).

12 hours ago, BobbehYYC said:

Honestly I'm curious why so many people in this community and the Reddit community are so toxic towards hatchet runners.... 

Now i know someone is going to come in and proclaim because they break realism... That is fine, I understand that but people need a way to make $$$. 
Few things
- Kolpak and 3m (Tarbank) makes you almost invincible to a melee player so they arent a threat unless they find a weapon. 
- They cannot defend themselves against scavs or players so they need to either be sneaky or get in and out. 
- They rush loot spawns because they know the above. But gear players could rush the same loot spawns and get there quick enough to make a hatchling dead before they could loot...
- The worst damage they can do is 4-9 slots of loot. (1-6 if they have a doc case and a key bar)... But but but bitcoins, rollers,and g.chains.... Yea yea i know but even then they are using their only advantage speed. (quest items dont count, since most of them need to be extracted and death removed them from your inventory, so going naked is a risk)
- No risk, high reward.... Sure but if they want to make any money at all they need a backpack, which is more risk... and once again they must get to the loot first and with enough time to loot, for them to capitalize on the 1 slot loot items. Real low risk is fort, fast, m4(with drum mag) 4-5 man squad, knowing that your basically a moving tank and can kill anyone you see, and if you die your squad will ditch your gear for you....
- Geared players don't want to move fast and rush area's like hatchlings... but they want all the loot to still be there when they finally arrive after slow walking the whole way... (completely unrealistic expectations) 

So tell me why, in your own words, that you despise hatchet runners and why you think they should be prevented at all cost. Also explain your solution to how players with low $$$ or who just lost all their gear can climb back up the gear ladder efficiently without relying on hatchet running, and 'GIT GEWD' isnt an acceptable answer its just trolling.

Basically if there isnt a mechanic that allows someone to recover from a streak of bad luck Tarkov will become a game where once your out of money you are forced to only play once every 30 minutes as a scav...

i shot a hatchling 5 times with a sega shotty then he killed me that's the prob

Just now, nelly99 said:

i shot a hatchling 5 times with a sega shotty then he killed me that's the prob

i don't despise hatchet runners, i do it on the odd occasion its just when you shoot them and they still manage to kill you HHmmmm

Personaly i don't hate hatchet players. It's just only strange to me that they just hoard gear/money and never use them. Sometimes i manage to kill same player just runing with hatchet 5 times in 30 minutes. What's the point of getting loot from boxes then selling it to get money and don't buy gear and use it...

Also Geared player have disadvantage over nakeds. With armor and helmets you move slower so in most cases if you are just running hatchet player will get there first.

I feel we need some kind of totorial or something to show that gear comes an goes fast and there is not point to get attached to pixels.

I play with whatever I feel like, sometimes I feel like taking m4 and sometimes I go in with a hatchet. I don't get all the drama tbh.
You are all right that making money is easy. I don't even know what to do with my money anymore but sometimes I still feel like going in with nothing at all. It's more rewarding for me to be sneaky and get good loot than just going in with everything I need. And I disagree with desync argument. Desync breaks your experience no matter who you fight.

I get both sides to be honest. I'd be bored too if I went in with full m4 just to fight some bambis. On the other hand I like being a bambi too sometimes.

I like your arguments @BobbehYYC. At least you're reasonable.

dead5dealer5

Hatchlings are pretty balanced imo. I still understand the frustration when you die to one with gear, but that's extremely rare and they usually wiggle to geared players since they can't damage them. You cant stop hatchlings at this state, it is still a video game after all.

I usually play hatchling only when i die and lose my gear to blow a little steam off. And getting gear when you went in with only a hatchet also feels very nice

I think it's more about not liking the idea of seeing someone do something with zero risk and potentially high reward. But, you know, in the end, de-sync unwilling, hatchlings are gunna die more often than not.

I wouldn't say i hate hatchet runners . I used to do it a lot myself when i first started playing EFT so i kinda get the allure of hatchet runs.

After a while it got boring constantly getting wrecked by geared players  and I started to venture out with a pistol , had some success YAY and also a lot of failure .

Started using and practicing with more effective gear to try and increase survival rates .I slowly stopped hatchet running. Going in with ranged weapons just became more fun !

The questions I ask myself now when I meet a hatchet runner is something like " I wonder if this person is new like i was ?" ,"Is it more or less fun for them playing like this versus going in geared? ", "Are they low on gear at the moment?" and "this is why I remember to wear the helmet" followed by a hail of bullets going in their direction :| maybe a wiggle ,depends .

As far as climbing the gear ladder , if I was struggling I'd want to practice fundamentals in offline pve , specifically on mechanical skills like aiming(target acquisition) if this is an area that could use work, getting some muscle memory going with the mouse , decreasing reaction times . This type of practice improved my gameplay the most I believe as my aim was poor.

So basically if I'm not winning fights and have little/no gear , it's because I have room to improve in my gameplay.

What do you need to do to improve ? Each players answer is probably different .

This question is mine and I guess every player who wants to climb the gear ladders puzzle .

49 minutes ago, Keebler said:

It's extremely boring to be the only one using a gun in a survival shooter.

haha so true. Not to mention, a supposed realistic survival shooter. I bet you can guess how many professional soldiers/mercenaries would run into a combat zone with a t-shirt and a hatchet. Zero...

If the hatchet meta remains in place, the gaim can claim none of the following:

1. Hardcore.

2. Shooter.

3. Realistic. 

Edited by Zybane