ImmaBirdMF

Just Another Low FPS Question

ImmaBirdMF

Hello guys just wanted to ask about my rig and the fps its getting. I pretty much did all the solutions multi monitor/scaling dpi/high or realtime affinity thingy. But still getting 35-40ish FPS on Shoreline and I'm not counting scoping... its like 15-20 fps.(I know it creates 2 seperate images of the direction im looking) Woods and Customs are pretty much butter smooth not even counting Factory.

I also forgot to mention i get low usage of cpu and gpu at the same time its like %40ish for both.

I'm all on ears for any suggestions with tinkering the options and things like that. I'm not really in the upgrade your rig again meta :( 

i7 980X OC'd to 3.8ish GHz

24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP EXTREME not OC'd

Edited by ImmaBirdMF

DaBombgamer

I know you said that you're not really open to upgrades, but when you are, your cpu definitely needs an upgrade. In the meantime, you could try this fix

ImmaBirdMF

I tought it was a nice CPU tho. Can you elaborate your statement a bit more please because I know its old gen but its pretty capable of doing stuff which i didnt tought it would :/ 

Oh i did tried every single one of them believe me :) 

Edited by ImmaBirdMF

VladimirPoutine

Gotta get rid of the ddr3.  Upgrade mobos so you can use ddr5.

ImmaBirdMF
2 minutes ago, VladimirPoutine said:

Gotta get rid of the ddr3.  Upgrade mobos so you can use ddr5.

Well i would but im pretty much broke atm. and my cpu doesnt coop that well with the new sockets sadly :/

DiBBz
19 minutes ago, ImmaBirdMF said:

I tought it was a nice CPU tho. Can you elaborate your statement a bit more please because I know its old gen but its pretty capable of doing stuff which i didnt tought it would :/ 

Oh i did tried every single one of them believe me :) 

its not bad but its showing its age now. even tho its a extreme processor its a first gen i7 extreme processor. you have 6.4 GT/s QPI compared to modern day CPU's 6-7-8th gen i5-i7 they have 8-12DMI3+ at minimum/best and while QPI is superior in transmitting data to all cores. as it should be considering its purpose is supposed to be in dual CPU setups. however that transfer rate along with a vastly poor clock speed might be whats hindering your performance.

that and maybe the ram ??? but im unsure how well a higher clocked ram would make in EFT. have you tried fiddling with the settings in game ?? i run a i5 8600k @4.3GHz - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - GTX780 but i run everything on low for best possible and more reliable stable FPS. it would be nice to run it at medium/high but the game isnt optimised well to turn the options back.

Edited by DiBBz

VladimirPoutine
7 minutes ago, ImmaBirdMF said:

Well i would but im pretty much broke atm. and my cpu doesnt coop that well with the new sockets sadly :/

Sorry not ddr5 it's ddr4 3800+.  

ImmaBirdMF
3 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

its not bad but its showing its age now. even tho its a extreme processor its a first gen i7 extreme processor. you have 6.4 GT/s QPI compared to modern day CPU's 6-7-8th gen i5-i7 they have 8-12DMI3+ at minimum/best and while QPI is superior in transmitting data to all cores. as it should be considering its purpose is supposed to be in dual CPU setups. however that transfer rate along with a vastly poor clock speed might be whats hindering your performance.

that and maybe the ram ??? but im unsure how well a higher clocked ram would make in EFT. have you tried fiddling with the settings in game ?? i run a i5 8600k @4.3GHz - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - GTX780 but i run everything on low for best possible and more reliable stable FPS. it would be nice to run it at medium/high but the game isnt optimised well to turn the options back.

Thanks for the reply it was enlightning! Well i never came across a game or a program this heavy on cpu so i tought what's the worst that i can get am i right? i played most of the games that came out recently and i never had a hickup with my rig maybe im too confident with my rig? Idk

Yeah i fiddled with every single option and fix/solutions i found online believe me i dug up every one of them but nope ingame settings effect the fps very little as far as i tried.

9 minutes ago, VladimirPoutine said:

Sorry not ddr5 it's ddr4 3800+.  

I think my mobo supports ddr4 im not sure but i wont be able to get this high of GB's of RAM right now sadly but thanks for tip!

szafir1978

do not listen to the wise, just read topics about low fps ...
wait, they can kindly improve the optimization.
4770k 4.2 Ghz
24 gb of 2000Mhz ram
gtx 1070 (Zotac Amp Extreme)

ImmaBirdMF
Just now, szafir1978 said:

do not listen to the wise, just read topics about low fps ...
wait, they can kindly improve the optimization.
4770k 4.2 Ghz
24 gb of 2000Mhz ram
gtx 1070 (Zotac Amp Extreme)

Ah fellow Master Racer :P Yeah i know i read a lot of them. I just want to enjoy Shoreline with my gear you know :/ Watching streamers doesnt help with the opimization hopes as they're flying across Shoreline im getting jelly :D 

DiBBz
11 minutes ago, ImmaBirdMF said:

Thanks for the reply it was enlightning! Well i never came across a game or a program this heavy on cpu so i tought what's the worst that i can get am i right? i played most of the games that came out recently and i never had a hickup with my rig maybe im too confident with my rig? Idk

Yeah i fiddled with every single option and fix/solutions i found online believe me i dug up every one of them but nope ingame settings effect the fps very little as far as i tried.

I think my mobo supports ddr4 im not sure but i wont be able to get this high of GB's of RAM right now sadly but thanks for tip!

if youre using a first gen i7x processor its highly unlikely it wont be compatible with DDR4. also you have to keep in mind this game is still in testing. and is severely unoptimised. if you wanted to squeeze as much out of this game as possible in terms of FPS. you might want to look at what streamers are using to play this game. and in some cases the streamers use a secondary PC to take the workload of their own PC for the streaming part.so their main PC can souly focus on the game and its extreme demanding for CPU and RAM.

dont get me wrong the CPU is still fine and will still be for maybe another 4 years at best before the next bump up in min/required specs comes. but when it comes to beta testing. you should expect not so great performance! it boils down to how well the developers feel optimisation should be in their game for testing purposes.

ImmaBirdMF
2 minutes ago, DiBBz said:

if youre using a first gen i7x processor its highly unlikely it wont be compatible with DDR4. also you have to keep in mind this game is still in testing. and is severely unoptimised. if you wanted to squeeze as much out of this game as possible in terms of FPS. you might want to look at what streamers are using to play this game. and in some cases the streamers use a secondary PC to take the workload of their own PC for the streaming part.so their main PC can souly focus on the game and its extreme demanding for CPU and RAM.

dont get me wrong the CPU is still fine and will still be for maybe another 4 years at best before the next bump up in min/required specs comes. but when it comes to beta testing. you should expect not so great performance! it boils down to how well the developers feel optimisation should be in their game for testing purposes.

Yeah I get it no offense taken of course! I knew it was old but as you said i might squeeze out my cpu's lifespan as far as it goes because he was loyal from the beginning :P Well in the future (i hope a close one) they try to optimize it much more paralleled with the developement of the game if they can manage that. Hey I can still go out and kill PMC's in Customs and Woods so be positive eh :D 

szafir1978

I've already written about it somewhere (Polish forum)
from 0.5 fps actually dropped.
optimizations?

apparently, product optimization is one of the last steps before the release ;-)

give me this open beta, I'm waiting for this whole hate, maybe it will force you to specific moves (developers)

ImmaBirdMF
1 minute ago, szafir1978 said:

I've already written about it somewhere (Polish forum)
from 0.5 fps actually dropped.
optimizations?

apparently, product optimization is one of the last steps before the release ;-)

give me this open beta, I'm waiting for this whole hate, maybe it will force you to specific moves (developers)

Yeah sadly i noticed it too without any reading.. At least for marketing purposes optimizing the game while developing is better/smarter imo. It's like "Hey look at our game it looks cool plays cool runs cool" but right now its like "Hey look at our game it looks cool plays cool runs meh". Because streamers have big beefy scary PC's to run it smoothly and show people how good the game is but on the other hand it runs choppier for the "lower specs" so a newcomer to the game might get his excitement butchered cause of it.

• Sad 1

VPNV

What is your motherboard's maximum CPU requirements? 

I looked my computer up on it's official site and mine for example cannot go higher than an Intel Core i7-7700 processor.

(I currently have a 3GHz seventh-generation Intel Core i5-7400 processor, up to 3.5GHz installed and I barely can play the other maps besides Factory on Ultra setting.) 

I have a feeling if I upgraded mine to the max, I'll have a higher chance on playing the other maps with at least a High graphic setting with very little issues. 

Just in-case you needed more info.

ImmaBirdMF
16 hours ago, VPNV said:

What is your motherboard's maximum CPU requirements? 

I looked my computer up on it's official site and mine for example cannot go higher than an Intel Core i7-7700 processor.

(I currently have a 3GHz seventh-generation Intel Core i5-7400 processor, up to 3.5GHz installed and I barely can play the other maps besides Factory on Ultra setting.) 

I have a feeling if I upgraded mine to the max, I'll have a higher chance on playing the other maps with at least a High graphic setting with very little issues. 

Just in-case you needed more info.

Well my CPU and mobo is 10 years-ish old now. My mobo is GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) and it only supports up to i7 990X / Xeon W3690. The socket type of the CPU is pretty rare nowadays, well basically there's none. It's LGA 1366 :) 

I have no problems playing in Woods and Customs so I might try to OC my cpu a bit more like over 4.0 GHz or something to squeeze out a little bit fps more.

I agree about your feeling even if I can't do that with my current mobo atm.

Thanks for replying!

szafir1978

to end this discussion,
Please, install MSI Afterburner
in osd, mark processor usage and use graphics card.
I'm curious about the results ;-)

ImmaBirdMF
On 31.01.2018 at 6:03 AM, szafir1978 said:

to end this discussion,
Please, install MSI Afterburner
in osd, mark processor usage and use graphics card.
I'm curious about the results ;-)

Wow i missed the notification completely sorry about that! I usually check my task manager to see how much tarkov is using and it never ever goes above 50% with both cpu and gpu but in the Afterburner it says 30% on both cpu/gpu and 14 gigs of ram usage

ImmaBirdMF
40 minutes ago, szafir1978 said:

Any more questions? B|

After OC'ing my cpu to 4.4 Ghz im getting 50-60+ on shoreline now so im really out of any questions :P 

szafir1978

the game has a damn problem with optimization, and certainly with a series of 10 nvidia.
concluding - do not change the equipment for Tarkov, we are all waiting for optimization.