Blackb1rd

Bugs of the text RPG

Blackb1rd

If you encounter an error or bug - please post it in this thread only! Thank you.

NoisyCosmos

[Suggestion] Group finding thread.

I'm about a week waiting for a group to be invited or for a free slot in the game to create a new one. I've PMed some people and nothing for the moment. I also roleplayed in the Bar searching for a group. I know a lot of people who's searching for a group too.

Maybe it's a good idea some kind of thread to let group leadders know that are people searching for groups to play. I think it's a bit annoying waiting and waiting for a free slot right know. Maybe we can play in larger groups.

Example of format.

[Character name]

[Role]

[Points]

[Type of group he/she is finding] - Positive or negative Karma.

[Observations]

Take a look at this please. 

Thank you very much.

Cheers!

Edited by NoisyCosmos

FatherFenrir

Just was testing out the inventory management, went into the "Your Items" tab and was going to transfer a knife I had bought from the "Store" to my hideout and was met with an error. Food and other items are also acting similar and getting the same error when transferring from Hideout to Inventory.

Spoiler

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX4096

Not sure if transferring is bugged at the moment or not, I am not in a raid yet if that helps. Just let me know if you need anymore information.  

NoisyCosmos

Since the last movement (event) I've lost all my rubles left. Olloch is working on it as far as I  know. But there are other people that is having this same issue. Just informing. :)

Dunteon

I lost 4 food items in less than two actual game days, my character is already out of food items

Oranje
On 14-3-2018 at 4:24 AM, Dunteon said:

I lost 4 food items in less than two actual game days, my character is already out of food items

Where these named "small diet", or "food"?

Dunteon

"Food"

Oranje
21 minutes ago, Dunteon said:

"Food"

Ok, i had exactly the same with the small diet, and reported it to Olloch (over the course of 3 turns, i used up 10 of them) This might have something to do with being in a group, if you where in a group, it might be possible your party member(s) are using your food instead of theirs?  This is just a theory, i have been keeping a close eye on my food, and i have not used any food, or MRE for a couple of turns now, but we where in encounter, so i'm not sure if that has an influence or not.

I want to make note of some possible item swaps btw, these are already reported to Olloch too, but i'd like to mention them for completeness sake;

Look at the Item stats on the Paca and 3m body armor, and the MP-133 and MP-153 shotguns, now i would expect the Paca and MP-153 to be the better items (as it is in the FPS game), but they are not, the 3m and MP-133 are superior in every way, this is inconsistent.

Edited by Oranje

SlayerWR
1 hour ago, Oranje said:

Ok, i had exactly the same with the small diet, and reported it to Olloch (over the course of 3 turns, i used up 10 of them) This might have something to do with being in a group, if you where in a group, it might be possible your party member(s) are using your food instead of theirs?  This is just a theory, i have been keeping a close eye on my food, and i have not used any food, or MRE for a couple of turns now, but we where in encounter, so i'm not sure if that has an influence or not.

I want to make note of some possible item swaps btw, these are already reported to Olloch too, but i'd like to mention them for completeness sake;

Look at the Item stats on the Paca and 3m body armor, and the MP-133 and MP-153 shotguns, now i would expect the Paca and MP-153 to be the better items (as it is in the FPS game), but they are not, the 3m and MP-133 are superior in every way, this is inconsistent.

Yea LOL I noticed this and almost fell out of my desk at school when I saw the stats. ADDITIONALLY, if you look at the M4a1, the dirtying rate is 0/20, while an AK74U is 0/60 (or 0/80, I forget). The AS VAL suffers in the same fashion. 

NoisyCosmos
On 20/3/2018 at 11:32 PM, SlayerWR said:

Yea LOL I noticed this and almost fell out of my desk at school when I saw the stats. ADDITIONALLY, if you look at the M4a1, the dirtying rate is 0/20, while an AK74U is 0/60 (or 0/80, I forget). The AS VAL suffers in the same fashion. 

It is normal that the AK series rifles have more dirtying rate than the AR-15 series. The russians are better in terms of field maintenance and dirtying as I have known.

Oranje
On 30-1-2018 at 9:51 AM, Blackb1rd said:

Inviting the users to the group:

the term of validity of the invitation to the group was set to 2 hours;

@Blackb1rd could you please make this limit 12 hours instead of two?

Theres someone in our group with limited windows to be online from South America, this means i would have to wake up in the middle of the night to be able to send an invite he can accept. 

FatherFenrir
On 3/29/2018 at 11:58 AM, NoisyCosmos said:

It is normal that the AK series rifles have more dirtying rate than the AR-15 series.

Way easier to dismantle an AK in the field vs an AR type rifle. Also in terms of dirt and water, AK platform firearms are way more rugged and withstand these elements and still fire with little issue. 

In fact I follow AK reviewers AKOU, and they actually put AKs to the test and have seen them throw dirt in these and fire them off.

In my opinion AKs should have less chance of misfiring/jamming at higher percentages of dirtying compared to their AR cousins. The AR however could have better condition rates, and less trouble with keeping them maintained rather than dirty.

Simply put my personal idea:

AK platform - Better with being dirty running, but harder to maintain condition wise and running.

AR platform - Better with maintaining condition and running, harder be dirtier and running.

• Like 1

Oranje

There are quite a lot of switched items it seems.

12x70.thumb.png.07d2be47ca55bee9a2fb0c6a4fa9ffd3.png

This one is really obvious, on the top item, the box says "Buckshot". and the description says "case", the second item the box says "Bullet" and is contradicted again by the description saying "Pellet"

*edit

I'd like to reiterate that i strongly believe that it's not he pictures that are swapped, but the item statistics, because the statistics fit the picture, but not the names. The list so far is;

• 3M / Paca Body armor
  • MP-133 / MP-153
  • 12x70 Buckshot / Solid shot
Edited by Oranje
  • Like 1

Oranje

Our group has just arrived back to our hideouts, and we can find no option to repair our items as described in

Could anyone maybe clarify what actions i need to take to be able to repair my body armor for example?

• Thanks 1

UncleDark

@Oranje

For repairing you'll need a repair kit from the shop (140 rubs) and X level in engineer specialization to match the weapon level IE kedr and pistols requires level 1 engineer and saiga-9, saiga-12 and SKS level 2 engineer. (says it on the item description as Repair rank) Or atleast that's how I understood it.

For cleaning your weapon you need one of the possible cleaning kits from the shop, but it doesn't require specific level or skill.

When you have everything that's required (skill and repair kit or cleaning kit), go to your inventory and click use on that weapon/gear. Then there should be extra options for cleaning and repairing.

There was also mention about being able to get the shop to repair your gear, But I didn't find such option when I was at my hideout.

Edited by UncleDark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oranje

It was said that anyone who is not an engineer could have their items repaired for them, at a cost. This functionality is either not in the RPG yet, or is hidden in such a way we cannot find it.

This is all i was pointing out, either an oversight, or a better explanation.

On a whole though, i feel that this RPG is plagued by the same things as the "real" game and it's making it hard to reach it's full potential because of it, poor communication being one of these, i assume everyone is just way to busy to keep the player base up to date (and i'm, sure you wouldn't want to share everything) but you dev guys should by now realize that this is costing you good will with your player base. (look at the half finished "april fools" item, the non-reaction to suggestions and things that are just plain wrong)

Now, i have no doubt that in the long run everything will be fine, as you seem to have a great team, but i would be lying if there wasn't any point where i myself thought, "why am i bothering with this?" (more then once actually.) and there might come a point where i might decide i'm simply not going to anymore.

Edited by Oranje
  • Upvote 2

NoisyCosmos

In the shop the "old instruments" and "foreign weapon cleaning set" got the same description and are different items.

Oranje
On 4/21/2018 at 12:58 AM, NoisyCosmos said:

In the shop the "old instruments" and "foreign weapon cleaning set" got the same description and are different items.

This was fixed, the only thing still wrong in the shop is the Russian text on the 12x70 flares.

NoisyCosmos

Talking about the last two items added to the shop, expecially the knife's description, there is wrong text showing "<b>1.1</b> ".

Cheers!

NoisyCosmos

In the recently new game pannel there is no option to "dismiss the group" like before.

Oranje
1 hour ago, NoisyCosmos said:

In the recently new game pannel there is no option to "dismiss the group" like before.

807707753_dismissgroup.png.4baa3514c280954025296dd37fd4d965.png

There is, for me at least.

NoisyCosmos
37 minutes ago, Oranje said:

807707753_dismissgroup.png.4baa3514c280954025296dd37fd4d965.png

There is, for me at least.

This is for me, as you can see there is no option. Maybe a problem with the new shape?

yvv5gcj.png?1

Edited by NoisyCosmos

Oranje
3 minutes ago, NoisyCosmos said:

This is for me, as you can see there is no option. Maybe a problem with the new shape?

yvv5gcj.png?1

Hmm, good one, i'm going to guess that this is because you are in the map, i'll ask around about it.

• Thanks 1

Oranje
On 4/28/2018 at 3:23 PM, NoisyCosmos said:

After checking with the powers that be, it was decided that having someone drop from the group and him return to the hideout was asking for exploitation. You can still "disband" the group, but you just have to kick all the members, this will "drop" them in the sector you are currently in. Inviting someone (and having him accept) will still add him to the group normally, provided you are within a certain distance of each other. (Can't give you all the answers, gotta leave some mystery. :ph34r: )

Edited by Oranje
  • Like 1

NoisyCosmos

Ok. Make more sense thanks before :scwhatev:

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2