TP89__

WIPE countdown

TP89__

Hi comrades :)

• DEAR DEVELOPMENT TEAM:

Can you clarify the wipe rumors? Just add WIPE countdown in launcher or profile page at website (places visible only for players actually have the game), let it shows 0w:0d:0h:0m if you don`t have plans for wiping all progress, but if you are sure that you will erase everything just inform us via the launcher. 

It would be fun to spend cash like crazy and buy stuff that you are afraid to take on raid. Many players feel disappointed after logging in and seeing "empty" container. 

• DEAR PLAYERS:

Bump this tread, reply if you agree with me!

DZIKI MINUS!!!!

nachtmaere

Wipes generally only occur on MASSIVE updates, updates that, by their very nature, cannot be accurately predicted; There would be no way to provide an accurate countdown unless they had finished and were ready to release a massive update that would require a wipe and had scheduled it for release at a SPECIFIC time on a SPECIFIC date, which simply does not occur.

Wipes are not scheduled, they occur only when they need to (Which is not planned down to exact dates and times)

We only discover them when the decision is made that a wipe will be needed and they're ready to release information regarding the patch that will require the wipe.

Edited by nachtmaere
  • Like 1

TP89__

But I`m sure that they knows about it one or two days earlier and they plan it. They might not know two weeks earlier but they may announce it as soon as they gonna schedule it.

nachtmaere
3 minutes ago, TP89__ said:

But I`m sure that they knows about it one or two days earlier and they plan it. They might not know two weeks earlier but they may announce it as soon as they gonna schedule it.

They may be aware and have made the decision that a wipe will be needed for the next patch, but they may also have absolutely NO idea when the patch itself will be ready for release, making the wipe unpredictable and impossible to announce accurately, all they could do is say "At some point we'll have to wipe", which isn't really helping the situation.

TP89__

But i`m sure that at some point they know that they are updating clients and servers and i do belive that its not from minute to minute but at least few hours or even days earlier. 

nachtmaere
17 minutes ago, TP89__ said:

But i`m sure that at some point they know that they are updating clients and servers and i do belive that its not from minute to minute but at least few hours or even days earlier. 

The closest representation they could give you would be the MOMENT that the patch is ready for upload, which could be anywhere between <40 mins - >1 day before the patch/wipe, at which point you have to ask what the point of a countdown would be? They announce the patch just before it is properly released, they tend to keep us updated on the process after that, i mean, we already have the information we need to know when there is an imminent wipe, we don't really need a countdown.

rein001

i am not even sure if wipes be in the finished game but they are not that of a big deal , that you need some special features for it .

ZeRoX93

This will be useful so that you can prepare for a wipe. 

Fezyx
On ‎30‎.‎1‎.‎2018 at 12:05 PM, TP89__ said:

It would be fun to spend cash like crazy and buy stuff that you are afraid to take on raid. Many players feel disappointed after logging in and seeing "empty".

Wipe is after All major patch  i dont know when are major and when minors but before last big one, my traders insta level up and i can buy max level trader stuff, then i know wipe will be sooooon .)

but i agree, u will know when its comming

On ‎30‎.‎1‎.‎2018 at 12:05 PM, TP89__ said:

psykikk

i for one am also pretty sure that their whole testing shows them pretty muich what they need to wipe. 
what I dont understand is the whole idea / discussion of partial / full wipe at all. 

full wipe. I wouldnt understand why they would choose any other way

KeNNSK_
28 minutes ago, psykikk said:

i for one am also pretty sure that their whole testing shows them pretty muich what they need to wipe. 
what I dont understand is the whole idea / discussion of partial / full wipe at all. 

full wipe. I wouldnt understand why they would choose any other way

Most people don't enjoy the wipes, after all its a progression game and most of us will take months to build our characters back up. Not everyone plays the game for 40 hours a week and make it look easy, like the twitch people do. 

The reason for the wipes, I can only assume, is because they can't update their databases easily yet. Since the structure of these databases are far from complete it'd make very little sense developing a tool to update them safely while they're still for far from their unfinished forms. So to spare us, the players, we get partial wipes where the affected parts of the database from an update gets nuked and the unaffected parts remains intact.

EVE Online have for a very long time been the king of how to keep an incredibly complex database incredibly efficient (for games that is) but even so it's gone through some real bad growing pains. 

Edited by Gremmel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

psykikk

yeah eve does a great job at that. brings back a loto fo great memories for sure. 

I personally dont especially enjoy the wipe (its my first), yet I knew it was coming sooner or later. 

what BSG should do is market every major update like its a new DLC. get new players on board, broaden the playerbase.