Kiba_Stream

General questions on weapon implementation

How about how 9x18 AP ammo seems to do no damage when peppering someone in the back with multiple mags. They can turn and burn you. PP-9 Klin seemed to do no damage to this guy that was running away from me up a hill. I control burst filled his back with lead. He must have had Fort or something but still I had BZT ammo. I put over 80 rounds into his back with no affect. I died a couple minutes later.  If the AP ammo doesnt do anything, why have it?

i know its pretty minor, but shouldn't there be an audible "Pop!" when throwing a grenade due to the primer igniting the fuse?  I know it happens when ever you throw older grenades such as the RGD-5 or the F-1

Edited by Jalardos

14 hours ago, Jalardos said:

i know its pretty minor, but shouldn't there be an audible "Pop!" when throwing a grenade due to the primer igniting the fuse?  I know it happens when ever you throw older grenades such as the RGD-5 or the F-1

How about the sound of the spoon?

are there going to be more long ranged weapons like SVD/SVU, Mosin Nagant and so forth? 

Also, are there any plans to imperilment AMR caliber weapons like the GM6, KSVK or the VKS rifle?

Hey, nice thread.
I have a question and it follows; What is going on with the DVL? Sometimes it feels like it's shooting nothing and sometimes you can get those Clean hits, also you should definitly add manual bolting, otherwise good job on the game.

Are there any intentions of implementing Subsonic ammunition to the game and reworking current noise that suppressors make considering every round we are firing is supersonic? I think it may get rid of the complaint with the overpowered nature of suppressors in Tarkov's current state with subsonic rounds having a significantly slower muzzle velocity and their slower speed attributing to a lower chance to penetrate armor or do less damage?

This may have been asked previously, though nothing really jumped out at me after a cursory search. When are you implementing, or fixing rather, the rifle scopes that are currently in the game? They all seem to be stuck at the highest magnification level, which would be fine if they weren't variable powered optics. The ability to, for instance, hold alt and then page up and page down to cycle through zoom in and zoom out would be great. This could also open up the potential for some killer optics like the VCOG, TARS rifle scope, the new Nightforce 1-6x's, etc., and could create a tiered pricing system for optics, some being available at lower levels depending on things like focal plane, max zoom level, night-vision compatibility, etc.

• Upvote 2

On 25-12-2017 at 10:35 AM, Starioshka said:

Please don't chicken out on machine gun like every other developer does, they're expensive and heavy, difficult to use but they're absolutely insanely deadly. Don't make them into shittier versions of smgs with 50 round belts.

Indeed don't chicken out DEVS..... i think it would be a great asset on the bigger maps for squad gameplay. It's a group weapon for laying cover/ suppressive fire...so a squad can move more freely to destroy enemy's. So we need MG's......

and i prefere a minimi or saw :)

Not sure if the correct place but what about the sprint mechanic with weapons. When you sprint, jump, and then stop sprinting you do a little stumble. Does this mechanic have a purpose or is it a bug?

Wondering when we will see some revolvers in game, looking at that stat bar not going anywhere makes me miserable?

Would love to see some MTs-255 revolver shotguns in game too.

Edited by Liquidpinky

I think there should be a hefty addition of revolvers, not just the Chiappa Rhino. Nagant revolver, MP412, a snub nose revolver and maybe even the OTS-38 (a SP-4 firing revolver with no muzzle flash and suppressed.)

On 1/17/2018 at 9:33 PM, Richard_Nixon said:

are there going to be more long ranged weapons like SVD/SVU, Mosin Nagant and so forth? 

Also, are there any plans to imperilment AMR caliber weapons like the GM6, KSVK or the VKS rifle?

I believe that the Mosin Nagant is planned and in development for a cheap starter bolt action?