Kiba_Stream

General questions on weapon implementation

38 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

Yes, rocket launchers also.

I hope they will implement the launchers ASAP as they will probably be full of bugs. The sooner they put them in the game the faster they can fix the issues for game release :)

Has there be any news on how LMG's will be handled ammo wise?

Currently the only rig that would support a belt fed system is the Alpha or WT rig which is really limiting to be honest assuming that the box will be 4 slots like a grizzly. Already 45 round mags are useless because no rigs supporting it despite they all having a molle system which should allow easily adjustable straps to fit extended mags. 

Then will 249 SAWS have the ability to use regular magazines from AR's variants as its real life predecessor? RPK's use the same magazines as AK's so I would assume that would be the case but just wondering beyond the belt system. 

For the love of god why can you not swing a hatchet when you're too close to a character? I mean it's a freaking melee weapon. It is incredibly frustrating when you run up to a guy with a gun and you're spamming left mouse to try and swing with no success while they're able to still shoot you (even though their gun is facing directly upwards at this point).

Fix this game mechanic for the love of god

I would like to know how BSG intends on implementing piston ARs in general (the increased weight up front, and increased felt recoil) and, since its right around the corner, how they are going to implement the HK 416 specifically; do they listen only to fanboy love or do they add the rough edges that real users can attest are there as well? The 416 is not a world beating rifle, it was always just a better MK18 before people had figured out how to get a DI SBR to work well. The 416 is still arguably the best Silenced, full auto, SBR one can get but that market has slowly been filling up too.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/HK416-woes/126-711922/?page=4

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/199561-hk416-10-4-overgassing-surefire-socom-556-a.html

Youtube search: <Garand thumb, HK 416> for a, recent, lit review of the rifle by a professional user.

image.png.959ae0cf475e9e78ee7d51e581e1509b.png

Lets appreciate the weapon for what it is and what it did and not some legend built on hype or video games. (yes, the irony).

After all this weapon was made for prim time almost 15 years ago and the AR market has simply exploded with innovation since then. What was thought to be avante garde thinking back then is some gun nerd's clone build now.

I would love to see more of a nod to the SOCOM arsenal: SOPMOD block I and II, the MK18 (block 0/1), MK12 (block 0/1), the new SURG by SIG and the new Geissele URG-I (some are calling the last one SOPMOD block III). This is including all the aiming systems and other peripherals too.

I heard a while ago that BSG couldn't get double barreled shotguns into the game was because they couldn't load rounds 1 by 1 but now that they have the mosin in the game can we expect to get db shotguns in. It'd be nice to have a SS shotgun and a OU shotgun.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:02 PM, shadowolfy55 said:

I heard a while ago that BSG couldn't get double barreled shotguns into the game was because they couldn't load rounds 1 by 1 but now that they have the mosin in the game can we expect to get db shotguns in. It'd be nice to have a SS shotgun and a OU shotgun.

Don't we already have an SxS break action shotgun?

There is in fact no double barrel shotguns in the game yet but I hope they look into it soon they could be awesome and fun beginner shotguns. Imagine going into factory with a cut down (road warrior) like SxS db shotgun and switching it to fire both barrels at once and dropping a guy in one blast or missing and running around screaming while trying to reload in time. Plus adding a SxS shotgun and an OU shotgun would be pretty cool because they could fill 2 roles: one (the OU) would be more bare bones with little customization but cheap and accurate and the other (the SxS) would be fully customizable. Just saying it would be great.

@Natalino

I think jadowbro meant the 50 round drum mag for the MPX, not sure.

I´ve got a question myself. Will we ever get to see cheap 5,56 NATO platforms in the game? Especially M4/M16 clones?

As a USEC player I feel the need for western equipment. Something that can compete with the price tags of the AK74´s. The M4 in game is pretty expensive for a black market trade and overall because of it, it is extremely rare to see in Tarkov. Are there any plans to lower its price once the HK416 hits the plate?

And are there any rough estimations on when weapon jamming gets a thing?

And how will this work out? Do we have to clean it regularly? Or is it just a random value that gets affected by the durability value of the gun?

@Cest7

It already is. You can shoot through certain materials. I´ve seen them pass through wooden crates, Wooden corners of houses, wooden doors and metal barrels. Through thin metal plates as well. But sometimes, especially when they seem to pass metal the trajectory gets changed drastically duo to the impact (which is realistic). There even is bullet ricochet in already.

I guess the HK416 will show its potencial first, when the weapon jamming becomes a thing.

I guess everybody knows this legendary video:

I am no insider but I guess precision won't differ too much from M4A1, so I think the main points of HK416 are the incredible relieability and durability. And of course its a really great gun straight out of the box.