Kiba_Stream

General questions on weapon implementation

GrizzzlyFX

Is there any plans to add something like Dual mags? Or maybe even speed loading systems for mag loading? Unsure if this has been asked/answered already but thought I'd ask regardless.

OrangePeel

GIB THOMPSOOOOON!!!!!

spacer.png

Havoz

Agreed that 45.acp would be a nice addition in the game, but what i personally would really love to see is the refined versions from the AK-platform. Like the Galil in the 7.62 or 5.56 and of course the gun that's the Galil is loosely based and which is considered a finer build version of the platform in question. The Valmet RK.

HungryManster
On 1/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, Havoz said:

Agreed that 45.acp would be a nice addition in the game, but what i personally would really love to see is the refined versions from the AK-platform. Like the Galil in the 7.62 or 5.56 and of course the gun that's the Galil is loosely based and which is considered a finer build version of the platform in question. The Valmet RK.

Springfield TRP Operator chambered in .45 as well as the SIG MPX .45 ACP Custom are both confirmed. There are other confirmed weapons like the Vector, UMP, and USP that can be chambered in multiple calibers but I don't know how Escape from Tarkov handles multi caliber weapons as I don't own the game yet. So when those guns are implemented they may be 9x19, .45, or maybe both. Who knows.

• Like 1

kiwikas6

May have been mentioned previously, but i think that it would be nice to have actual armor penetration, damage values in game under each bullet. It ain't that difficult to look it up, but when you are starting to play god damn this is so confusing.

CthulhuTactical
41 minutes ago, kiwikas6 said:

May have been mentioned previously, but i think that it would be nice to have actual armor penetration, damage values in game under each bullet. It ain't that difficult to look it up, but when you are starting to play god damn this is so confusing.

Yes. Generally speaking, the game should be way more transparent when it comes to its mechanics. Obfuscating game mechanics is not a sign of good game, skill shouldn't be determined by visiting some obscure blogs or videos to learn about the game mechanics, it should be all in the game, so not even veterans, but also new players could make a judgement call. 

Tnasty68
On 8/17/2019 at 2:58 AM, Serafimov said:

Because M80 cannot penetrate level 4 russian armour and M61 penetrated it only slightly (armour destroyed the bullet causing it to do the shrapnel damage to a sandbag behind the armour plate). In Tarkov: M80 can penetrate lvl 5, M61 can penetrate lvl 6. In real life: M80 cannot penetrate lvl 4, M61 barely penetrates lvl 4 (almost certainly won`t penetrate lvl 5).

Though, I might be confused by different classifications standards in different countries (lvl 4 armour in USA is probably different than lvl 4 armour in Russia).

late to the party... but M80 is also not m80a1 EPR. Be cool if they added that in though, maybe nerf m80 a bit and give us a better midrange non tracer options so we can not have to use M62. 

But far as armor levels go;

Russians use GOST ballistic standards 
https://www.bodyarmornews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/GOST_-_R_-_50744-95_RUSSIAN.pdf

USA uses NIJ
https://www.securityprousa.com/blogs/news/nij-ballistic-levels

BSG has kind of amalgimated both of these to basically represent the various levels of body armor. from basic shrapnel/debris to low velocity low weight pistol, medium weight high velocity pistol, high weight high velocity pistol and shotgun buckshot, non-ap/intermediate rifle, amd to high velocity high weight rifle with AP rounds. 

there really are only 5 levels of US armor ratings where russians have 9. 

0nesNZer0s

Is there any chance we could see a crossbow in this game? A crossbow can easily penetrate soft armor, but will not do a thing to played armor. I feel like this completely silent weapon would be a great and fun addition however. Add in a pulling out arrow animation or such?

DJudic

Hello! 

I recently stumbled on the M948 7.62x51 "SLAP" round. I think this will be a very interesting round to put in the game with somewhat a medium penetration, but low damage. It is a sabot round with a tiny hard penetrator that really does not like muzzle devices. So it is a trade off of medium-pen medium-damage cheap and not really effective round, however, you can't add muzzle devices and it degrades your weapon significantly more than other guns, therefore good mostly for semi-autos and not for prolonged and repeated full-auto spam. 

Darze
On 1/19/2016 at 10:10 AM, camouflash said:

Well sort of, I was just curious, frankly, I'm happy with whatever we get, but the more realistic the better :)

Thats a happy camper move

devast8r
  •  
On 1/19/2016 at 11:02 AM, Kiba_Stream said:

Here we will discuss general issues of implementation of the weapons in the Escape from Tarkov.

Mechanics, ballistics, handling techniques, customization, etc.

There is no need to request to add specific weapon in the game. (otherwise I start to punish)

When can we toggle between the side scope such as PSO scope to iron sights?

beardKing

Is there a way to put a sig bravo 4 sight on the sks with the fab def stock

Majlo
On 4/9/2020 at 4:56 AM, beardKing said:

Is there a way to put a sig bravo 4 sight on the sks with the fab def stock

Not on the regular SKS, no.

But you can put it on the dovetail mount of the Hunting Rifle Version SKS (the OP-SKS) via one of multiple mounts (such as the Axion Cobra).

Majlo
On 1/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, maxcout5 said:

how about going by real life armor ratings rather than the seemingly made up ones. for example a level 4 body armor plate is rated to 30-06 armor piercing.

Current armor rating system is not the typical American system with class IV being the highest.

Game uses the Russian GOST-R 50744 armor rating system where the highest is class 6, and class 5-6 is equivalent of the American class IV.

dark2000

Guys... we need another meme gun.

Gimme hi-point!

RainmakerM4

When is Elcan going to be fixed (Top backup irons sensitivity)?

When are we going to be able to put reflex sights on top of our Elcan scopes?

Majlo
22 hours ago, RainmakerM4 said:

When is Elcan going to be fixed (Top backup irons sensitivity)?

It was "fixed"/changed together with all the other magnified optic sensitivity changes in a recent update.

It is not perfect, but it is definitely better than before.

dark2000

GM6 Lynx Semi-Auto 50 BMG Bullpup

Boys... Please

ShadowBY
23 часа назад, dark2000 сказал:

GM6 Lynx Semi-Auto 50 BMG Bullpup

Boys... Please

Looks cool, I wish they will notice that

Choppah

In the future, will AK upper and lower handguards be separate instead of having it as one item?

spacer.png

FuzzieMann
Posted (edited)

What about the FN FNC, or the modernized version used by the Swedes known as the Ak 5? I think it'd be a cool addition into the game. It could be a cheaper version of the M4 but still a little more expensive than the ADAR since it can go full auto.

FN FNC.jpg

FNC.jpg

Edited by FuzzieMann

Majlo
On 6/9/2020 at 7:51 AM, Choppah said:

In the future, will AK upper and lower handguards be separate instead of having it as one item?

They are thinking about it, but it is not a priority to them right now.

jaegerlol

yes

chehbolosse

The FAMAS would be fun, i mean who don t like to shoot 1000rpm and the 3 burst could be good on a 5.56

image.png.101b24ce40e50c712b2828855368ff3a.png

• Like 1

mattix

Can we please have more weapons variety? I'm kinda getting sick of the same general AK and AR derivatives. I want more cold war era rifles. The crazy poo too. Like the G11, SIG510, EM-2, RK.62, that three barreled rifle tkb-059, the tkb-022 and tkb-011 too. I'd really like to be able to build an MP5A1. If you must add any more AR parts, please add A1 and A2 uppers with appropriate hand guards too. Oh and open bolt uppers, burst fire and full auto only lowers. I'd kill for an M16 LSW. Oh hell how about the M231 FPW? That poo rocks in roblox phantom forces.