Painkillers

rangerCommand

As everyone knows or atleast should know by now, painkillers do exactly what their name entails; kills pain. But something that I'm trying to understand is whether or not popping one before a battle is just as effective as popping one after. Yes, I know I should just go ahead and take one before I jump a couple stories and break my legs... But as far as taking one before getting shot compared to taking one after, will it help ensure I have an edge over my opponent with a slightly increased ability to push through the hard shock of hot lead entering my PMC's body?

Just a curious thought.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb rangerCommand:

As everyone knows or atleast should know by now, painkillers do exactly what their name entails; kills pain. But something that I'm trying to understand is whether or not popping one before a battle is just as effective as popping one after. Yes, I know I should just go ahead and take one before I jump a couple stories and break my legs... But as far as taking one before getting shot compared to taking one after, will it help ensure I have an edge over my opponent with a slightly increased ability to push through the hard shock of hot lead entering my PMC's body?

Just a curious thought.

While reading this I already hope they implement an addiction to painkiller :D 

I do it when I`m hurt. I dont like to have this screen changes already at the beginning after taking the pills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spectre121 said:

I do it when I`m hurt. I dont like to have this screen changes already at the beginning after taking the pills.

i think they will do that, i have also read u can use alcohol and cigarettes for small buffs but with a drawback if you dont use them after developing a addiction :)

2 hours ago, spectre121 said:

Good idea mate.

Painkillers and morphine have the same effect and can be applied before taking damage.  Painkillers last 4 minutes and morphine last 8 minutes.  Note that Therapist eventually has a quest to turn in 10 morphine, so you will want to save these early on if you care about leveling her up.  Although you can use one before taking damage, I find it more annoying to that over just leaving one in your pocket bound to a number key for quick use in battle.  They take less than a second to use and make very little noise so it's easy to just pop one quick after taking damage.  Depending on the map, you could be using up to 13 painkillers a game which is not only very costly over time, but also an annoyance to have to keep opening up your inventory to use them in addition to not having space.  Obviously most players wouldn't actually be in a game that long, but still, it would be annoying popping painkillers even just a few times each game rather than just binding one to a key.

Edited by shizmo36

If you limp mid fight it might get you killed. Painkillers before a fight or even hot keyed for mid fight is a good idea. Yesterday i got lit up by player scavs and would have died if my first reaction was anything other than instantly taking painkillers and sprinting to cover. 

yes, Always pop a painkiller before battle, broken legs or blacked out limbs will not effect you giving you the ability to move quickly out of harms way. Plus, your shock resistance is increased leading to more time to heal and less chance of falling due to shock.

Hot key a painkiller on 4 & 7, Hotkey Ifaks on 5 & 6

It works well ;)

• Like 1

A very good idea is to use a painkiller just as combat were to start, bind one to your hotbar for easy access. This is great if you're heavily armored since players will usually go for the legs. The painkillers negate the blacked out legs and still allows you to move without being hindered with stumbling making you an easy target. When going on a raid I suggest taking 3 - 4 painkillers in total as they are a very valuable medication to have. 

Well, taking Painkillers bevor a Combat is good, BUT:

I have seen that the DEVs mentioned multiple times that with a next Update they will change the bleed out system etc, so we have to wait in the future how it turns out

• 10 months later...
Am 23.12.2018 um 23:13 schrieb BeatleDude4:

Anyone else had the problem, where you'll take a painkiller, and it won't work? Just got did in on woods because of that.

It takes some time for the pain killing effect to actually activate.

i guess it takes like 30 seconds for the effect to kick in