Things to do for newbs?

NigelSmith

Try offline raids first to learn spawns and extracts. Then progress to pve offline, to work out scavs. Only when confident risk losing your gear on normal raids.

Also, only risk what you are willing to loose. This game is like gambling, if you have loads of modded M4's, use them. If not, use guns you can afford. 

Hatchet run in factory with an empty container. Run around the map and learn it, and if you get any loot put it in your container. Learn factory then start bringing in a AK-74S because they are cheap and deadly

• Like 1
LORD_GVNGUS

Grind hard and sell everything to level up traders, Focus on quests early on to build your ability to obtain items easier, always hold onto gold chains and forts. They are valuable.

Scav runs are your friend, they don't pose anykind of risk to your items or mental state as gear fear doesn't really apply. It's a good way to explore the map without being harassed by AI ( If you don't shoot them of course ) and look for interesting spots and locations to mess around in when you're on your PMC. Plus they come with the fact that you can get some free loot if you were to ever run short on money. 

Make sure you manage your money effectively, since you have just started, it might seem tempting to just ' Buy, buy, buy!' everything you see or might look cool. Do your research into guns and mess around offline to see what you like and find suits you the best. Never over equip your guns with modifications as you should treat all your gear like you're going to lose it, save the fancy guns and goofy experiments for when you're more experienced within the game.   

Dog tags are your friend, kill a player? Take his dog tags and put them into your container, a dogtag is worth a players level * 1120. They were heavily desired by any player since they are a great source of income. 

Keys, keys are great. Even if you think you're not going to use it? Someone else most likely will. Harbor keys that you get and do you research to find out whats behind their doors. Searching jackets, Scavs pockets and bags are a great way to get them.

There are different bullet types, each one having different statistics and effects, here's a small sheet. Bullets and their damages. - Here's also a WIKI link to the different bullet sizes and their weapon counterparts. Ammunition

If you've got any further questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Edited by Twitchley

personally stayed away from factory as a new player, easier to sneak around the bigger maps, loot the bodies of the fallen get out with some gear then go back in a little better than you did last time. continue this until you die and repeat. You'll soon have a reasonable stash and then can't work out where to put everything. Do your tasks to level up...

Illiminator31

Hi,
for new Players i reccomend as a first things to do: Learn the Map. Get the Maps from Therapist, go offline Mode and learn all Loot Spots, Extraction points, entry points etc.
Then do some Scav Runs and Hatchling Runs to get some Stuff etc, for that i would reccomend Factory. You can often loot the 3th Floor with the Safe and the 2 Cabinets, also check out the Jackets.
Later, when you have the Custom Keys, loot Customs and try to get a Marked Key, because the Marked room is really good (extractet 3 Mps, 2 Snipers and a AK from there).

Im fairly new to the game but have played a lot lately. Currently lvl 29. I watched a lot of stream before i got the game so i was already to a point familiar with how things work .

My first priority was finding the factory key & marked key. Both can be found on customs either of dead scav´s or in the doorm. 
Do hatcling runs or go in with  a pistol and you should be able to find both in a few hours unless you are unlucky. There are youtube videos for best routes. 

The factory key will increase your chance to extract by a huge margin on the factory map since you get access to two new extraction site´s. IMO factory is the easiest map to gear up while you play your PMC. People come in with gear and if you successfully kill someone you can extract fairly easy if you have the key. 

TheSandPeople

I agree with the online recommendation. While you peruse the map, compare the scene with the 3D renders of the map available online. Develop some real situational awareness. Scav running is great, but its 30 minute limit really makes offline the better choice. Once you have map awareness, do the scav runs to build your inventory.