Sign in to follow this  
Tommygun628

Way to Report Hackers

Tommygun628

I would like to address something that has been beaten like a dead horse. We need a way to report hackers at death screen. I know there is a way to do it, which takes preparing for such an event but not everyone is prepared. We need a report function and we need a way for the devs to confirm cheating, maybe something like Overwatch in CSGO. I'm tired of the ridiculous deaths, one shot kills to the chest from someone my whole squad has shot multiple times and still has not died. I understand the devs are busy and are addressing the topic the best they can, but this is becoming more and more common.

DarkSpetznaz

SHUT UP YOU H8TR, they are working hard! Give them some slack!

But for real, yeah something needs to be done about hackers, some way we can report them and/or record a full replay of the death and the player that killed you.

On another note, We need SOME sort of better way to tell our party friends from our enemies, somehow! I'm tired of dying because i hold back from shooting someone I distinctively think is my friend!

DarkSpetznaz
2 hours ago, alltimeDibbs said:

BigNibbaScoob is one of these hackers i just encountered on shoreline

Unfortunately there's no way to prove these kinda things... none at all :/

7dollarbill

I was just mentioning the other day that a Kill cam would be nice to have. So you know if a hacker did kill you, like in PUBG. Sorry, dont know if its a sin to mention that game here lol. There were a few times yesterday when I would just fall over dead, no sound, didnt see anyone, etc. but whatever, not going to get worked up about it. At the end of the day I still made out with more than I lost so all is well lol.

Maki_Nishikino
4 minutes ago, 7dollarbill said:

I was just mentioning the other day that a Kill cam would be nice to have. So you know if a hacker did kill you, like in PUBG. Sorry, dont know if its a sin to mention that game here lol. There were a few times yesterday when I would just fall over dead, no sound, didnt see anyone, etc. but whatever, not going to get worked up about it. At the end of the day I still made out with more than I lost so all is well lol.

There will be no kill cam nor would it be nice. It's so cheap to have such a thing in this game.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

7dollarbill

Why wouldnt it be nice? its a good way to know if someone is cheating. And who cares if it shows your position. Well, maybe it could show you the kill cam once your entire group is dead. This way you cant tell your team where the killer is. But thats going off topic a bit. This should be about exploring/reporting how to detect hackers.

Maki_Nishikino
1 hour ago, 7dollarbill said:

Why wouldnt it be nice? its a good way to know if someone is cheating. And who cares if it shows your position. Well, maybe it could show you the kill cam once your entire group is dead. This way you cant tell your team where the killer is. But thats going off topic a bit. This should be about exploring/reporting how to detect hackers.

It's work by the devs that's just not needed, it's best to spread resources elsewhere. This is just not the game that needs a kill cam nor is there going to be one, this already has been discussed.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

7dollarbill
13 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

It's work by the devs that's just not needed, it's best to spread resources elsewhere. This is just not the game that needs a kill cam nor is there going to be one, this already has been discussed.

I dont disagree that their focus should be elsewhere, but thats not what we are discussing. And yeah, its been discussed before, like in this post that got no where

But NO anti-cheat program catches everything, and theres no better source of catching cheaters than having video proof of it. I record my gameplays, so the Devs themselves dont have to record the video and store it on a server, the deathcam/killcam will show how it all happened. Could be something they implement later on when they have time or when cheating becomes such a problem no one wants to play the game but cheaters anymore, like what happened to PUBG.

Maki_Nishikino
3 minutes ago, 7dollarbill said:

I dont disagree that their focus should be elsewhere, but thats not what we are discussing. And yeah, its been discussed before, like in this post that got no where

But NO anti-cheat program catches everything, and theres no better source of catching cheaters than having video proof of it. I record my gameplays, so the Devs themselves dont have to record the video and store it on a server, the deathcam/killcam will show how it all happened. Could be something they implement later on when they have time or when cheating becomes such a problem no one wants to play the game but cheaters anymore, like what happened to PUBG.

What makes you think players are not going to flood in reports just because they got killed with no strings attached? It's going to happen, kill cam or not. Cheating exists in all games, you're very mistaken if you think a kill cam is going to mitigate the issue.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

7dollarbill
12 minutes ago, Maki_Nishikino said:

What makes you think players are not going to flood in reports just because they got killed with no strings attached? It's going to happen, kill cam or not.

Is it not better to have proof if/when the anti-cheap programs fail to detect it, or better yet to have more evidence of such an act? I'm not saying this is an end all be all fix to all hacking, but NO anti-hack tool is perfect. Could help make anti-cheat programs better as they can see what happened in a video. Could help reduce reports considering there are a lot of people recording their gameplays for twitch/youtube/mind, etc nowdays. There have been numerous times when in PUBG that I've died and I'm like "Theres no F'n way!!" I'll watch the replay, and report if needed. Not saying everyone will do this, but it could help identify real issues rather than relying on programs that we all KNOW dont work 100%. By not sending in the report, thats one less report the devs/helpdesk will have to look at.

Dont get me wrong, I dont want this to turn into PUBG or COD, etc I do however think that this should be something that is considered if things get out of hand.

Edited by 7dollarbill

Leitbild

We dont accept Manual Reports for a Reason. The Anticheat is running and Banning.

Just think about it one second: "I got killed by dude123, he must be hacking" isnt a good Proof of anything, yet thats 90% of the Player Reports.

#Locked