Sign in to follow this  
7ension

Budget Gear builds!

7ension

What would you suggest for players with a tight budget? I often play factory but can't figure out if i should put a Supressor on that AK74N, if i should bring a Salewa or rather IFAK and if Kolpac or Kiver. Playing Factory solo.

Edited by 7ension

Sabotaaki

Budget build i would go scav vest akn (if you are able to buy them with toolkits.) kolpac ai2+Painkiller. Salewa/IFAK in secure container.

ragbinder

How much are you willing to spend on a run? Does 17k rubles for a silencer break the bank for you?

What level are your vendors?

What's your playstyle? Do you sprint around aggressively looking for kills? Do you stalk towards gunfire, trying to get a flanking shot?

These questions aside, a stock AKS/scav vest can do just fine in factory. You should be able to pick up the early hatchling kills/tags, then you'll have to transition into sneaking around. Put some painkillers, an IFAK, and a stack of ammo in your secure container, and leave room for tags. Just one level 30 tag could pay for your run this way.

7ension

Im lvl 37 got all traders maxed. The problem are not the hatchlings, they are easy to kill. But even when sneaking around i still get outplayed because im not able to track where they are. Im being quiet the whole time just to get killed when walking up the stairs for someone already waiting for me there. Its so annyoing.

bUm805

While the list of benefits of a suppressor are long, for factory, it isn't as important as say, woods or customs or snoreline (maybe since snoreline is mostly cqc)

My budget build is the following: Paca, scav vest, thirty extra rounds, one spare full mag in vest and x gun. No need for meds as I always get them off the first guy I down however if need be, just carry a car in your container or an a1 in your pocket.

MrSilver

I go for the AK74N that's traded for a Blackrock - ez pz AK, then just get two mags and paca and a kolpak. I've killed squads with fort with this setup. 

StyxRavager
58 minutes ago, MrSilver said:

I go for the AK74N that's traded for a Blackrock - ez pz AK, then just get two mags and paca and a kolpak. I've killed squads with fort with this setup. 

WHERE?!?! I NEED TO KNOW D:

ragbinder
7 hours ago, 7ension said:

Im lvl 37 got all traders maxed. The problem are not the hatchlings, they are easy to kill. But even when sneaking around i still get outplayed because im not able to track where they are. Im being quiet the whole time just to get killed when walking up the stairs for someone already waiting for me there. Its so annyoing.

This is a pretty good guide that covers tracking people through sound on factory, especially around the 3-story office. Try peeking office hallways by taking routes along the catwalks. Factory really rewards map knowledge, flanking, and knowing which sounds mean what. If you're having trouble with campers, bringing along a couple of those grenades you got from trading ES Lamps will help clear stairways. Even if you don't get a kill with them, if your throw is close, they will be concussed and be unable to hear you sprint for a flank.

4 hours ago, StyxRavager said:

WHERE?!?! I NEED TO KNOW D:

At the top of every hour Prapor has a couple hundred AKs that he'll trade for a Blackrock. They run out in about 90 seconds though, so you have to be camping it. I just get in the habit of checking after each raid, and if it's only a minute or two, I'll get a couple Blackrocks ready to trade.

GreedyHuntsman

For my quick and cheap factory runs,  here is what I usually take.

AKS-74U with a rubber butt pad. that's all the modding I do unless I want to get serious.

PACA and Kolpak/Kiver (Kiver if I have a lot in inventory)

Blackrock with 1 extra mag, 1 salewa and 1 painkiller

~120 FMJ/BP rounds in my Epsilon

TexasCAP

To be quite honest, if I'm looking for a cheap but competitive build, I go SKS all the way. I normally have extra ones I grab from scavs anyway. One extra mag, some loose ammo, sometimes I get some extra armor and I'm good. The SKS, unlike most shotguns and SMGs, has enough punch to be competitive against forted-up players, and its relatively flat recoil across all ranges really helps too.

Full auto weapons are quite strong on Factory, but don't neglect your 7.62 semi-autos as well!