Jump to content
Olloch

Forum RPG General Discussion and Questions

Recommended Posts

KryoHawk
15 hours ago, Olloch said:

Nope, It would go based of stats and characters descriptions of their actions.

Everyone is already the 6'2 spec ops sniper. Theres no need to incentivize people to create even more wacky killing machines.

While a PMC should have some advantage over a character with no military training, I just can't bring myself to punish people for not being a 'sniper with over 300 confirmed kills'


Good roleplay and a believable character might earn you some bonus exp or some other, and I'd be more inclined to throw quests your way.

2

So in short, the player who isn't a 'sniper with over 300 confirmed kills' actually has the advantage because its a lot easier to roleplay effectively as a character you actually invested time into (I.E. personality, backstory, Etc.)

Swiggity Swoogity, and what If I wanna be 6'1? am I penalized? or am I affected by some brain-eating parasite that makes me think that I'm 1" shorter than I really AM?!?!? Or, should I stop taking all those random injectors I find laying in peoples arms around this "Tarkov" place?

Also, this doesn't benefit me too much, but would there be mild text buffs to character details? I.E Player is a pharmacist, he funds Drug A, oh Drug A is a Mild painkiller Vs. Player Two finds drug B, He is sure its a painkiller, but unsure if it is a Mild/Strong one 

Edited by KryoHawk
Last tid bit was added B/C i don't wanna spamm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olloch
8 hours ago, KryoHawk said:

I.E Player is a pharmacist, he funds Drug A, oh Drug A is a Mild painkiller Vs. Player Two finds drug B, He is sure its a painkiller, but unsure if it is a Mild/Strong one

Probably. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. For now its the rule of fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunteon

How much time is actually one turn, how many turns one day has? Do i need to eat every two turns of marching always?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje
6 hours ago, Griffin141 said:

Made my char....now just gotta wait for a group spot to open up on the game panel? I keep checking and it always says it's at the limit and I haven't seen anyone who's recruiting for a group :/

Take a look at the Romp bar, theres people who are looking for group members.

 

Or make your own (in character) post advertising yourself for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje
16 hours ago, Dunteon said:

How much time is actually one turn, how many turns one day has? Do i need to eat every two turns of marching always?

One turn is one day, you need to eat every day.

You could technically switch to one meal per two days, but that would have conseques for the actions and performance of your toon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatherFenrir

Is there only 1-man groups taking up all the group slots? Cause I am afraid many are going to lose interest if we are all just waiting for single man groups to be rotated out.

I guess that leads me to a question, if and when they get out are they able to start another group up after just finishing a raid? If so that might be why many at the Romp Bar are just twittling their thumbs hoping that someone with a group will pick them up.

I would highly encourage players that are fortunate enough to start a group up to actually bring in some others to help in-character and out-of-character. I would also hope that GMs if they see a single man group would take the difficulty of Tarkov and make sure single manned groups understand why they should travel as a group.

I get some 9_9 characters are the big bad lone wolves in their description but I certainly hope you understand many here probably would like to try this wonderful thing (the devs have worked hard on for all of us to enjoy) out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SgtDalton

Hey so random question I've tried to read through make sure no one has asked. what's the deal with pets? Like if one wanted a pet rat or something? How would we go about that? Or can RP deal with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatherFenrir
9 hours ago, SgtDalton said:

Hey so random question I've tried to read through make sure no one has asked. what's the deal with pets? Like if one wanted a pet rat or something? How would we go about that? Or can RP deal with that?

Probably not an issue just to RP it with your character. Especially if it's something as small as a rat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olloch
On 2/15/2018 at 1:09 PM, FatherFenrir said:

Is there only 1-man groups taking up all the group slots?

One man groups will likely get killed off/lose interest/be rotated out. I clear inactive groups after about a week.

 

On 2/20/2018 at 3:00 AM, SgtDalton said:

Hey so random question I've tried to read through make sure no one has asked. what's the deal with pets? Like if one wanted a pet rat or something? How would we go about that? Or can RP deal with that?

I mean. If you want a pet rat. You can Roleplay finding a pet rat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

What happens on character death?

Is the character wiped, and do we need to start a new one (at 0 xp), or are we returned to the hideout?

If the former, are we allowed to re-use the name and character sheet, or do we need to start from scratch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olloch
4 minutes ago, Oranje said:

What happens on character death?

Is the character wiped, and do we need to start a new one (at 0 xp), or are we returned to the hideout?

If the former, are we allowed to re-use the name and character sheet, or do we need to start from scratch?

So there is no REALDEATH, Unless you do something REALSILLY.

When HP reaches 0 you're unconscious and critical. In a group you may become wounded even after receiving medical treatment from your squad.

When solo you will lay there in a critical state until some unknown people find you. Lets just hope they're not cannibals or something.


Your character will probably never be wiped, on death you would lose the items you brought into the raid. The good Samaritan that saves you may demand payments for doing so, and the person who put you critical may rob you. These are things to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oranje

Good to know, thank you for the comprehensive answer.

 

Are we allowed to participate in both game-1 and game-2 at the same time?

Provided there's space, and don't mind being last in line, i guess.

Personally, while i would probably enjoy it, we would all be better off dis-allowing this.

Edited by Oranje

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olloch
20 minutes ago, Oranje said:

Good to know, thank you for the comprehensive answer.

 

Are we allowed to participate in both game-1 and game-2 at the same time?

Provided there's space, and don't mind being last in line, i guess.

Personally, while i would probably enjoy it, we would all be better off dis-allowing this.

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatherFenrir
4 hours ago, Olloch said:

Lets just hope they're not cannibals or something.

I'm not going to hold my breath being in Tarkov xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sergiu2411

Is there any way to create a group of two people without meeting in the "Romp Bar"? I would like to create my story with my in game brother :))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SgtDalton
11 hours ago, sergiu2411 said:

Is there any way to create a group of two people without meeting in the "Romp Bar"? I would like to create my story with my in game brother :))

Umm interesting idea but I'd assume someone would have to actually play your brother! So I'm assuming the awnser would be no but hey you never know... Maybe he could be a npc or something idk good luck in the journey bud :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sergiu2411
3 hours ago, SgtDalton said:

Umm interesting idea but I'd assume someone would have to actually play your brother! So I'm assuming the awnser would be no but hey you never know... Maybe he could be a npc or something idk good luck in the journey bud :)

I do have a friend play as my big brother and that's why I'm asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SgtDalton

 

27 minutes ago, sergiu2411 said:

I do have a friend play as my big brother and that's why I'm asking

Aww in that case yea once you do manage to get a group started just go ahead and send him a invite in the manage group section

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NoisyCosmos
20 hours ago, Olloch said:

When solo you will lay there in a critical state until some unknown people find you. Lets just hope they're not cannibals or something.

Looking foward to it. I love smashing cannibal's heads in v-games.:D

Also, any quests soon? Someone did find the UN peacekeepers in the game 1?

Edited by NoisyCosmos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olloch
31 minutes ago, NoisyCosmos said:

Also, any quests soon? Someone did find the UN peacekeepers in the game 1?

Soon™

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sergiu2411
8 hours ago, SgtDalton said:

 

Aww in that case yea once you do manage to get a group started just go ahead and send him a invite in the manage group section

Things is i do not know how to create a group, I didnt see anything about groups around except about cartels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FatherFenrir
23 hours ago, sergiu2411 said:

Things is i do not know how to create a group, I didnt see anything about groups around except about cartels

The create a group option will be available at your "game panel" in the bottom left. If it says something about groups being full then you are out of luck until the GM disbands dead/inactive groups.

Edited by FatherFenrir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
alex8xela

How do I get invited to a group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dunteon

How do i activate the "auto eating"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ravenhawkhero

Where is the extraction on the map xD??!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2