Olloch

Forum RPG General Discussion and Questions

Dunteon
54 minutes ago, Ravenhawkhero said:

Where is the extraction on the map xD??!

The exits are the blue shields, one on the west, the other one in the north

FatherFenrir
On 3/4/2018 at 9:26 AM, alex8xela said:

How do I get invited to a group?

Check out the Romp Bar, usually a spot there you can get pick up somehow. Note that it is all IC (In Character) there. 

Ravenhawkhero

Ok how do I move, i click everything on the map and nothing happens what am I doing wrong?

FatherFenrir
13 hours ago, Ravenhawkhero said:

Ok how do I move, i click everything on the map and nothing happens what am I doing wrong?

When you go into your "Manage" button/tab in the group section under your "game panel" the map there when you click on it at a certain section it will change some text right below it on the left hand side, that is where you are telling the GM you want to move during the next turn. He/the GM will move your icon when he comes in for the next events/turns posting.

Hope that helps, I tried to be as clear as possible.

Ravenhawkhero
10 minutes ago, FatherFenrir said:

When you go into your "Manage" button/tab in the group section under your "game panel" the map there when you click on it at a certain section it will change some text right below it on the left hand side, that is where you are telling the GM you want to move during the next turn. He/the GM will move your icon when he comes in for the next events/turns posting.

Hope that helps, I tried to be as clear as possible.

thanks so much

FatherFenrir
Just now, Ravenhawkhero said:

thanks so much

No problem bud, glad to help.

Oranje

@Blackb1rd since there's no suggestion area, i'm going to do mine here, please let me know what you think about it.

Suggestion:

Make an option in the RPG that shows, in plain text format, my character his stats, belongings, location and all relevant information.

This way you can copy this, and paste it directly into for example an online document and share this information with your group. This avoids having to ask who has what all the time, i am going to send you the link my group uses as an example, but its a chore to update manually everytime.

Here is a mockup of what we are using;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_hI06GBPBGmtKo2NZm0nr5bqEI4nyxywuleD2hIfVGA/edit?usp=sharing

As an example, if you are familliar with EvE Online, take their character API.

If you require more explanation or examples, or feel i wasn't clear enough, you can always msg me.

Edited by Oranje
  • Like 1

Dunteon

Merging ammo stacks would be extremely useful, i understand it would be tricky thought

Dunteon

Thanks for the interface update!
The game panel sure looks cooler

Lightstrike778

Hmm What if you could get XP for healing You and group members?   Does that seem like a good idea?

NoisyCosmos

Don't like very much the idea. Seems like free EXP just for healing. But if in the future there is a progression bar for healing, same as cleaning or like other things, might be a good idea.

Dunteon

Weapons that are repair rank 2 can only be repaired by engineers rank 2(at least lvl 4 pc) right?

Oranje
15 hours ago, Dunteon said:

Weapons that are repair rank 2 can only be repaired by engineers rank 2(at least lvl 4 pc) right?

Yes, this is correct.

Dunteon

And how does reapiring work numbers wise? cleaning works on a 1:1 basis, 1 point of cleaning removes 1 point from the cleaning set condition but with repairing how does that stack? the repairing kit costs 135 Rubles but a decent weapon costs as much or a little bit more, if its also 1:1 then its by far cheaper buying a new gun than fixing a used one

• Upvote 1

Oranje

I anticipated this question somewhat. Yes, every point of a repair item repairs one point of durability on a weapon, this means you need to purchase many thousands of rubles worth of repair kits to repair a single well worn weapon. The reason for this is that repairing this way, is a source of experience. So you can actually put a ruble price on every experience point earned this way (the Travelling repair set when fully used, gives 40 points of experience to it's user) It is a design decision, and might be adjusted later on after more sources of repair, or the shop repair itself have been activated and fleshed out. So yes, it is more expensive to repair a weapon using repair kits then buying a new weapon (extremely so even). So, to mitigate this, if you are in your hideout, and have a weapon or item you would like to have repaired (it does not matter which repair rank) you can message me with what you would like to have repaired, and i will tell you what it will cost you (this will be a price in relation to the weapons purchase price and current durability) you will however get no XP from it, but will get your item repaired at a much more reasonable price.

Edited by Oranje
  • Thanks 1

b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2