Captain_Kzer

Making Splints Useful

Captain_Kzer

Splints in the current state of the game are useless, because incurring a fracture without immediately getting the limb blacked out is rare to the point of virtual nonexistence.

To remedy this and thus bring better balance to the different medical treatment options in game I suggest a simple mechanical change: Make splints a healing item which heals 1 damage and is able to be used on blacked out limbs, bringing them from 0 health to 1.

From here there appear to be two courses of action which would allow splints to be more useful or less useful:

1.) Allow players to heal the limb as normal after a splint has been applied to reward the additional time and resources they used to fix the medical emergency.

2.)Do not allow any general health kits to be used on a limb which has had a splint applied to allow the player to move freely but to prevent them to returning to "like new" status to model the fact that a recently injured limb is going to be more likely to buckle from relatively small injuries (such as a fall from height or a twisted ankle from walking while overencumbered) than a limb which hasn't been severely damaged recently.

Maki_Nishikino

You need to fall from a fair amount of height. I don't understand the logic as a bullet can break a bone.

Edited by Maki_Nishikino

Pikayou

Maybe having each body part modeled out with bone, flesh and muscle may allow it to work better. You would know exactly where you got hit as well.

XxFGLxX

I like the idea of splinting a blacked limb for a gain of small HP. They are relatively useless right now.