Extreme RAM usage

SpottySpancakes

SpottySpancakes

Hello.

I would like to know why my game uses so much RAM in order to work. I was Surprised that this game used so much RAM while I was playing.
When I died and got back to the menu it dropped down to 61% usage.
So if anybody could tell me why this is happening I would be happy :)

Kind Regards
SpottySpancakes

EscapeFromTarkov RAM usage.png

• Hot 1
5 minutes ago, SpottySpancakes said:

Hello.

I would like to know why my game uses so much RAM in order to work. I was Surprised that this game used so much RAM while I was playing.
When I died and got back to the menu it dropped down to 61% usage.
So if anybody could tell me why this is happening I would be happy :)

Kind Regards
SpottySpancakes

EscapeFromTarkov RAM usage.png

First guestion is how much ram do you have since the game can easily consume 8GBs since it has optimization issues.

The other day after a long session, I had the game hang at 13 GB working memory (as shown in task manager). Reported it, and was told it's something there working on.

Ark was another one that was bad for that. Seems like it's just how it is with early access/beta products in x64 dev.

Blackout77

You can easily reach even 20Gigs of usage if you want to have a nice quality "open"  worlds ... with "OP" LODs ... 
Optimization vs quality ... choose :)

Your usage seems normal for me ... 

ya this game runs between 10-13gb of ram. but you can use any memory cleaner program and it'll limit its usage to maximum 6.5gb ram used, which is a significant difference. so that should definitely help

Am 3.2.2018 um 18:03 schrieb Blackout77:

You can easily reach even 20Gigs of usage if you want to have a nice quality "open"  worlds ... with "OP" LODs ... 
Optimization vs quality ... choose :)

Your usage seems normal for me ... 

if a game consumes 20gb of ram its malware

Blackout77
On 2/4/2018 at 6:14 PM, shr84 said:

well nope :) simply without the "opti." :)
I am running my UE4 projects on such values. Opti still comes at the end ;) 

• 7 months later...
takeoverartist
On 2/4/2018 at 8:14 PM, shr84 said:

if the game is from 2009 sure. games are getting massively bigger and have much more detail than older games. 8GB of ram on a machine was the norm 7 years ago. but now if you dont have MINIMUM 16GB you are limiting yourself. some games have already stated they will use 64GB of ram on max settings at release ( star citizen. if it releases XD)

On 2/10/2018 at 3:26 AM, Moekillin said:

Shoreline is my bad one. Gtx970 ti overclocked and I lag on lowest settings when every other map is 50-90fps and 130 on customs. Shoreline stays at 10-20 on low... 

you have a massive issue then. my acer nitro 5 $750 laptop runs shoreline on low settings and i get 40-61 fps. the only upgrade i did was 32GB of DDR4 ram. other than that its an I5 with a 1050ti and a m.2 ssd

I seem to have problem i get stutter every so often random fps drops that come from nothing then go back up again and every now and then a freeze for like 2 mins my whole computer slows down i have tried all the ram apps to try and help nothing seems to work for me. I am no expert but seems to be when things load around me sometimes its really smooth other times not so much.

I7 4790k

GTX 1080

16Gb RAM