Mad_Dog8762

Spawn killing? Really?

Mad_Dog8762

I jump into Customs as a PMC

Load in, check my map real fast, and then bam dead

Total time in raid, 9 seconds

Are you ducking serious?

I don't play COD and other poo games because I don't want to deal with poo mechanics

Can we AT LEAST get a minimum distance to spawn

Eg if an enemy player is within 100m you DONT SPAWN THERE

My hands are legitimately bleeding now cause I punched a wall so hard out of pure ducking rage

• Hot 1
  • Cold 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

RaNgeR024

This actually happened to me today. Me and another friend played on Customs, during the loading my internet crashed.

After a minute or so, I reconnected and as soon as I spawned someone killed me.

Now, I know that technically I was already in-game, but still there has to be a way to solve the problem regarding mid-map loading crash.

But still, I also suffered from a time or two of spawn killing. In all cases I had full gear and it was frustrating as hell.

Edited by RaNgeR024

mcmayuhhhnn
On 2/3/2018 at 12:04 PM, Badass_Ben said:

I jump into Customs as a PMC

Load in, check my map real fast, and then bam dead

Total time in raid, 9 seconds

Are you ducking serious?

I don't play COD and other poo games because I don't want to deal with poo mechanics

Can we AT LEAST get a minimum distance to spawn

My hands are legitimately bleeding now cause I punched a wall so hard out of pure ducking rage

ayyyyy. i spawned customs today and made it 10 seconds... ;) git gud

• Cold 1
  • Sad 1

JSpinks

Yeah this seems to be a problem with a lot of the maps. It appears that players have their spawn locations high up in the air and upon fully loading the character model is then dropped down to the ground. I have noticed player models hanging pretty high up in the sky before over/near what appear to be spawn locations. I see this most often on the shoreline map.  I don't necessarily know if the within 100m thing would work well if that is in fact how they spawn in your model. Honestly, I think with something like this they need to just ensure that everyone and all the scavs load simultaneously and anyone holding up the game should be dropped from the session.

silentdeath631

Yea I just played  woods earlier. I loaded in and there were two player skavs right next to me. Like literally steps away as if we were grouped. They were not moving yet so it seemed they were loading in still. I shot both of them and none of them moved a muscle at any point. This probably should be fixed. Maybe add a delay in the time you get xp from spawn kills. So at least the only thing you get is skav loot but no kill xp. Could be considered as early spawn kill penalty or something. Kind of like Run-through penalty which I got yesterday after quickly doing a customs run to beat a mission before work just to learn you can't do that....oh well xD

bcham

just spent 10 mins kitting out my player and modding my val. spawns on customs by the brown gate, as soon as i spawned their i knew i would not last long,7 seconds i was dead

• Like 1

DeadRusH_

It happens when you spawn late.
People will rush the spawn to see if there are players so they can proceed playing safely.
If you are unlucky enough to spawn at that wrong place at the wrong moment.. Well.. RIP

proxon145

you guys are lucky. i lasted 2 secounds on customs. heard my gun load and bam. felt like he was waiting

Vin_

Happend to me once as PMC, probably some bug, or cheater.

Nono_

My record is 3 seconds. Luckily I only had a hatchet on me lol

bodhizapha

so the OP punched a wall over a game? Maybe you should be working on anger issues. It happens from time to time, move past it, or don't and break more stuff LOL I can see you doing this, and I have to tell you I am in tears thinking how this went down lololol. IT IS A GAME!!! Who cares if you lost fort and fast mt. The gear is never yours its the servers you get to borrow it.

Edited by TAW_Bodhi

Orpheus11

This is honestly almost a deal breaker for me with this game..too many times ive been spawned in, at the beginning of the raid after the deployment countdown only to take literally 3 steps and be opened up on. Im hoping its a bug but if it isnt, as if you look at the spawns they are so close together...Ill be wanting my money back. I didnt sign up for Escape from Cod. I have no problem being killed by better or higher geared players, but duck me my last 5 raids over 2 days have ended within 30 seconds from spawning and then hearing suppressed fire... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ynnus86
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Orpheus11:

This is honestly almost a deal breaker for me with this game..too many times ive been spawned in, at the beginning of the raid after the deployment countdown only to take literally 3 steps and be opened up on. Im hoping its a bug but if it isnt, as if you look at the spawns they are so close together...Ill be wanting my money back. I didnt sign up for Escape from Cod. I have no problem being killed by better or higher geared players, but duck me my last 5 raids over 2 days have ended within 30 seconds from spawning and then hearing suppressed fire... 

Which map are you playing? It heavily depends on the map. On shoreline for example it never happend to me to get killed at spawn points. On factory, woods or sometimes interchange it can happen quite often. Also might be at customs boiler side.

But anyway the devs know about problems with spawns (was discussed at talking tarkov podcast) and that it need some improvements and that it will be improved from time to time. But this needs some time and intel on the problems so I guess we can't do anything but staying patient.

Trolliver

couldnt agree more the spawns in this game are completly broken, especially on customs. its hard enough for low-mid players to move up when enemies r in squad with fort armour etc and add in the fact that they know the exact spawns it just makes this game suck

minigunofquake
On 2/4/2018 at 4:04 AM, Badass_Ben said:

that is pretty much how spawners worked back 20 years ago in quake 2,if the enemy near by the spawner the game will not use that spawn, so that was a way to deal with campers

livix_

i spawn kill someone in custom not a long time ago i was on boiler spawn side in the train and i saw a PMC literaly spawn in front of me at like 75 m i felt bad little xD

minigunofquake
21 hours ago, livix_ said:

i felt bad little

I'm sure those PMC felt even worse

livix_
Just now, minigunofquake said:

I'm sure those PMC felt even worse

im pretty sure haha, he prolly uninstall :P

deathopz

Y'know whats worse than dying at spawn? Getting extraction camped, then one shot to the head 2ft from extraction.

Atleast if you die where you spawn you may see your gear again thru insurance, but if its at extract kiss all that goodbye.

upL8N8

Yeah, customs near the trailer park is rough.  There are like 3-4 spawns along that south western wall.  You can turn your head and see the other spawns, and everyone will look towards or converge on that southern road towards the alley between the storage sheds and train yard.  Spawn in faster, and it's an instant advantage.

bigwheese

Came to this thread because the same thing just happened to me lol.  Spawned in Customs as a PMC with anothe PMC already aiming at me.  One shot dead.  Everything lost.

Garmidec

I am a fairly bad player. Haven't had much success in game but was finally able to get some body armor, a helmet, an AKM with decent amount of ammo. Spawned in at customs. The black faded away and I could see a tree and - bang. Didn't have time to move, didn't have time to turn. Raid time 4 seconds. Lost all my stuff. 

If a game have the amount of hardcore features that Tarkov have (like losing all your stuff if you die) it also has to protect players from BS such as getting spawn killed.

Connelly763

I've been playing this game for months and never once had a spawn kill problem except factory where everyone is looking for pmc kills and even then I hear and know someone's coming spawning late is an issue with weak pcs and even good ones sometimes try turning your settings down so your pc can load you in quicker but if your spawning and instantly dying maybe switch to a server where you dont have 100 plus ping because your loaded in and someone probably shot you like 3 minutes ago so you die when your pc loads you in. Basically woods and factory have close spawns for pvp it's intended but ultimately it's your settings/server/pc capability loading you way late into a raid so you've been in raid longer than your seeing

nacted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Connelly763 said:

I've been playing this game for months and never once had a spawn kill problem except factory where everyone is looking for pmc kills and even then I hear and know someone's coming spawning late is an issue with weak pcs and even good ones sometimes try turning your settings down so your pc can load you in quicker but if your spawning and instantly dying maybe switch to a server where you dont have 100 plus ping because your loaded in and someone probably shot you like 3 minutes ago so you die when your pc loads you in. Basically woods and factory have close spawns for pvp it's intended but ultimately it's your settings/server/pc capability loading you way late into a raid so you've been in raid longer than your seeing

Tuning down settings doesnt matter at all, maybe 1/10. Even with latest ryzen ,2080ti and m2's it doesnt matter at all because some ppls seem to magically get to your spawn point no matter what. and my load in time is about 1m40-1m50 

I have had this happen like 10 times now in the last week. Yes its god damn annoying.

Edited by nacted
typo's

Phoenixsui
vor 17 Minuten schrieb nacted:

Tuning down settings doesnt matter at all, maybe 1/10. Even with latest ryzen ,2080ti and m2's it doesnt matter at all because some ppls seem to magically get to your spawn point no matter what. and my load in time is about 1m40-1m50 

I have had this happen like 10 times now in the last week. Yes its god damn annoying.

Can you make a video of your loading process? I really never have this issue and your loading times are ok from what you write. Usually it takes around 3mins before a match starts and the waiting for players timer ends. If it happens this ofthen, something is wrong.