For those that grind for their convenience - Keep Epsilon with wipe?

hycron

With wipes a constant thing, those that paid for the cheaper version of the game and grind their way to Epsilon to obtain almost the same convenience as the EoD lads, I'd think it's fair that for once you obtain one, it links to your profile and you keep it despite the wipes from then on.

You did the grind and got to almost same level through grinding, let 'em keep it.

One thing that for sure would be very fair to those that didn't pay so much money for something really quite advantageous.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

So you pay for basic and basically asking the devs to give free secured case.. because you grinded for it...  One thing you get to keep after wipe is your character from level 1, just like EOD :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by ares_areolas
  • Sad 1

There is absolutely no reason to worry about such a thing my friend. There will be Omega container later aswell as quests to increase your stash size. Even EOD players will have to grind eventually.

1 hour ago, ares_areolas said:

So you pay for basic and basically asking the devs to give free secured case.. because you grinded for it...  One thing you get to keep after wipe is your character from level 1, just like EOD :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Nice selfie.

1. Epsilon takes a while to grind. It makes it much harder in the beginning to only have a 2x2 space for poo you can come out with whether you die or not. This is a big thing for starting out players.

1 hour ago, ares_areolas said:

your character from level 1, just like EOD

Yes and no. Of course we start from level 1, just like EOD. However, we go back to 2x2. EOD stays with their 3x3, from the get-go. Big difference, and for regular game-package players to go over and over that again, is a bit shitty if you ask me, especially once they've managed to grind their ass to finally achieve -almost- the same advantage of the gamma case that EOD has.

Cheers for the replies.

6 hours ago, hycron said:

Nice selfie.

1. Epsilon takes a while to grind. It makes it much harder in the beginning to only have a 2x2 space for poo you can come out with whether you die or not. This is a big thing for starting out players.

Yes and no. Of course we start from level 1, just like EOD. However, we go back to 2x2. EOD stays with their 3x3, from the get-go. Big difference, and for regular game-package players to go over and over that again, is a bit shitty if you ask me, especially once they've managed to grind their ass to finally achieve -almost- the same advantage of the gamma case that EOD has.

Cheers for the replies.

Well please try to understand that the wipes have more meaning than just messing with players. It makes it so that they can test the game balance from a totally clean slate. It's essential since there are people who actually got the benefits of extra container space with actual real life money. I totally understand that grinding for days, weeks or months for an item to have it wiped is frustrating but here comes the second point. This is a beta test and it was CLEARLY stated before you bought the game that anything gained in beta is not permanent and referring to my first point, it's important to wipe EVERYTHING at certain times.

I also want to mention that I have the basic edition so 2x2 and I have grinded and farmed myself an Epsilon Container and I can tell you that yes, it sucks to lose it once they wipe, but that were the terms and conditions I agreed to when I purchased this game. I will also have to do ALL those godawful and sometimes frustratingly hard tasks again and again and grind and farm away when the inevitable wipe comes, but that's the nature of the game until full release comes.

I understand your pain, but we are paying to test this game, nothing more :)

5 minutes ago, OneTrueLizardo said:

I understand your pain, but we are paying to test this game, nothing more :)

Very good post. 

Wipes aren't there to annoy players into submission. They are there to ensure minimal bugs/bugged items etc are carried over from one major build version to the next.

Once the game is released, wipes will be non-existent and will only occur if something goes fatally wrong with the engine/code etc, requiring a full reset to rectify for example.

Hell we don't even know if preorder bonuses will carry over when the full game is released, perhaps we will all be starting from the same position and the bonuses only come through once we unlock open world :P now there's a thought...

• Like 2

I perfectly understand the necessity for wipes. I'm all for them, actually. In some ways I'd love to see some in full release twice a year or so with some exceptions or something to keep poo in balance. I get the wipe poo definitely, and yes the grinding and the tasks seem daunting to do over and over again.

I still keep my point that at least one thing they could do for those that think EOD is a bit pay to win (not saying I do, not entirely at least.) , a nice thing would be to give players that manage to grind through inbetween wipes to obtain an epsilon would be to let them keep it from then on so over next wipe they're only so behind the EOD players from the get-go.

To be honest I'll probably be splurging my money for EOD edition too at this point, but in my opinion it's fair for people to keep their epsilons as a lifetime achievement sort of deal.

Again, cheers for the (constructive this time) replies.

Nope, would render the fact that EOD owners start with largest container pointless, as everyone else would have the epsilon. Also, EOD is not pay to win, you pay to be able to store more and have access to more gear at the start, have a good standing with traders and access to all the future DLC. None of these allow a owner of EOD to win, that's player skill and a bit of luck. I would, however, like to see all those who were involved the testing get access to something special as a thank you of sorts. 

Edited by atomicdorito

• 2 months later...