Czecher

Spawns are Too Close each other..

Czecher

Why are PMC spawns like 30m away from each other? Does anyone test such thing before its implemented to live servers?Whats the point of  loot when u  got killed/or get kill like 10 s after spawn...

Edited by Czecher
  • Upvote 1

The_Cyclops

Actually pretty good issue, I've had some moments where I found that the spawns may be a little bit too close to eachother. For example I've spawned in on Woods a few times and depending on my luck, I've had groups spray me down 10m away from my spawn.

Czecher

Same happened to me my last raid, 2 ppl in squad start chasing me 5 sec in the raid...got one with  my hatchet,but got  killed by the other guy......
And as Scaw got spawned righ in the exit zone ,need fixing as well

2018-02-04[16-28] (0).png

Ketzal316

Completely agree, players shouldn't be able to spawn near other players at the start or during a game tbh.

• Upvote 1

Czecher

This is just spawning simulator omg..spawn, run die repeat...

• Upvote 1

PIG-Mathieu

There are many ways to add small but very effective additions to maps to make spawns better. IMO the maps that need the most are factory and woods.

I can show some if someone wants me to, but it' s my biggest problem in EFT right now. I don' t even play woods anymore because of it, and i' m pretty sure i' m not the only one here.

Edited by PIG-Mathieu
  • Upvote 1

Beginner314
On 2/4/2018 at 1:43 PM, Czecher said:

Does anyone test such thing before its implemented to live servers?

That is exactly our job playing the Beta..

The Devs know about it and will handle it eventually.

GhostZ69
6 minutes ago, Beginner314 said:

That is exactly our job playing the Beta..

The Devs know about it and will handle it soon™.

Fixt

• Hot 1

Foxiii12
On 04. 02. 2018. at 1:43 PM, Czecher said:

Does anyone test such thing before its implemented to live servers?

That's why you preordered the game so you could do a report on that issue.

Edited by Foxiii12

GhostZ69
41 minutes ago, Foxiii12 said:

That's why you preordered the game so you could do a report on that issue.

I am sorry, but I guess you have not done much game development.  Developers "should" always have an in house patch they push to in house only servers long before they push it out to the Alpha or Beta servers.  I did that with my little 4 man crew.  Surely BSG should something like that considering their budget...

Foxiii12
7 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

I am sorry, but I guess you have not done much game development.

Ofc I didn't, I'm not a developer and I will never be because that's not my profession.

10 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Developers "should" always have an in house patch they push to in house only servers long before they push it out to the Alpha or Beta servers.

I don't personally agree with you on that because some things are maybe meant to be that way. That why I said, "That's why you preordered the game so you could do a report on that issue."

12 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Surely BSG should something like that considering their budget...

Their budget is or isn't high, I don't know that but I think something like that is not depending on their budget buddy.

GhostZ69
Just now, Foxiii12 said:

Ofc I didn't, I'm not a developer and I will never be because that's not my profession.

I don't personally agree with you on that because some things are maybe meant to be that way. That why I said, "That's why you preordered the game so you could do a report on that issue."

Their budget is or isn't high, I don't know that but I think something like that is not depending on their budget buddy.

I think my entire post was lost you.  What I am telling you, from a perspective of someone who has more experience in this, is that this is the way it "should" go.  I had a 4 man development team.  We had a VERY low budget.  We had four live servers and one test server.  All of the patches/updates we put out for our game went to our test server first and was tested in house.  Then we invited people to our test server to help us test under some kind of load.  If all went well during that process, then we pushed to one live server, let it test there a few days then went live to the other three.

Their budget is probably 5,000-10,000 times more than our budget was.  That is PLENTY of money to put up a test server just like we did.  It is just the way development should go.  No developer should EVER push out a patch that was not at least tested internally prior.  Now, not saying that the internal testing is going to find all of the bugs, but at least some major ones should be caught.

Mswitzer

I have experienced this only a few times but that is still to many. Most recently on Reserve on a night raid I spawned in the corner of the map and was waiting for my teammate to load in and hid in a bush. I was alive for a total of maybe 10 seconds before someone killed me. They need to either push the spawns farther apart or give the spawns some protection because im tired of dying 10 seconds into the raid.

GhostZ69
On 2/7/2018 at 9:15 AM, GhostZ69 said:

Fixt

Fixt yet?  LoL how much later and this is still an issue?  But, hey, at least we have 29 different AK's.

• Upvote 1

GhostZ69
On 3/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, GhostZ69 said:

Fixt yet?  LoL how much later and this is still an issue?  But, hey, at least we have 29 different AK's.

33 different AK's

• Thanks 1

Antmax

Yeah. When I was really new I would take a moment to try and figure out my bearings. I spawned next to some pylon at the back of the customs map. I spent about 10 seconds wondering where the heck I was, saw the railway at the bottom of the hill and died. Was only 25 seconds into the raid.

Another time on customs I spawned on the Customs side on the river bank. I still didn't know where the spawn points were. I walked up crossed the tracks to get to the big red yard when I got one shotted 28 seconds in. Next game I spawned what must have been the same place as the previous guy shot me. Because I was only a few dozen yards up the train tracks by a concrete platform on the river side of the Big Red yard.

I've not tried Woods yet. Got put off by various complaints about the spawns. Don't have much choice now, I reached level 10 yesterday and need to get Jaeger unlocked.