KentuckyFriedSpy

Possible combat gameplay changes

KentuckyFriedSpy

Escape from Tarkov has fun but sometimes very fustrating, sluggish and clunky combat, here are some things I personally think would benefit the combat experiences of many of the players of EFT (at least from what I can tell looking through some of the forum posts). Criticism is welcomed in this post as I would like to see more of what the player base thinks!

1) Lower the weapon sway with turning whilst aiming down the sights.

I feel as if the weapon sway is much to intense even for a game based on hardcore realism, it almost looks like the operator is limp wristing the gun letting it sway like that. PMCs are assumably trained operators and the way their guns sway doesn't give me the impression that they are, most trained individuals or even experienced shooters wont sway like that to their target but rather snap to them.

2) Option to disable sprint while aiming down the sights and moving forward.

I cant count how many times I have lined someone up in my sights and have held shift to steady my aim and have been abpruptly yanked away from my sights to a quick little shuffle my character has done. I don't think I have to say anymore about that :useriously:.

3) Encourage the use of bringing a sidearm along with a primary firearm.

Pistols in Escape from Tarkov have a very minor role compared to rifles and other things, while some may argue that "This is realism! Of course pistols should have a minor role!" I believe more could be done to lesser that to an extent. While drawing your pistol instead of reloading your rifle is faster by default I still think that it should be a bit faster, I will come back many times throughout this topic to the fact that a trained individual should be much faster than what is present at the moment. Another idea to make pistols appealing for me at least would be to make the aiming FOV for pistols a bit higher, not many games (if any at all) do pistols right, either the pistol is so close to your face that the slide looks like it is going into your mouth when you fire or the pistol is soo far you'd think the person holding it has some surreal looking elongated arms :uhappy:. I used to use the FOV glitch to make pistols a bit more viable on my end but since the devs are clear that it isnt intended to be like that with the many fixes they do to prevent it being used I think some changes should be made. The removal of the zoom o the aim down sights would also be good in my opinion as it just disorientates anyone using the sights of the pistols and lets be real here... no one is using the pistols at more than 50m away so that zoom doesn't benefit many.

4) Reduce the weapon bob from left to right while walking and aiming down sights when using grips etc. that increase ergos.

Not really much to explain here, just like my first point I think it is just a little to intense to be realistic, take for example this video of U.S. Army and Polish Special Forces clearing rooms, see how their sights barely move from their eyes when the advance on a target?

That ends my post for now until I can think of any other things or until people suggest more ideas. Like I said feel free to leave criticisms or adjustments to what I suggest so that I may see what others think.